Thread: BFV Community Update. BIG PATCH NEWS!

BFV Community Update. BIG PATCH NEWS!

She's presenting like a mandrill!

do you think it was a coincidence that I suggested we put vanilla BFV back on?

LOL

Finally....maybe we'll be able to tow the arty around as promised.

...formerly the omnipotent UOD

I just hope they fix the nampalm loop if nothing else. That sewer map looks like a good time too!
    She's presenting like a mandrill!

Quote Originally Posted by 64bit
    I just hope they fix the nampalm loop if nothing else. That sewer map looks like a good time too!

Yeah...looking forward to the carnage lol....

...formerly the omnipotent UOD

Certified SG Addict
    I got machete killed tonight

lol anyhow the new patch is supposed to fix the sound loop and that dreaded parachute bug...can't wait to go thru the tunnels...
    Realm of Ghost'z
    Member of SG - www.speedguide.net
    Member of |D|- www.the-dissidents.com

Somewhere along the shoreline in New England
    Awesome, great timing for our new server.

But dangit I'm on the road up by Providence RI most of tomorrow....argggg....wonder what time the patch will actually be out. I want it on the server within minutes of release.
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Burke
    I got machete killed tonight
    heh was it painful?

I've been out of the loop when it comes to the BFV patches. Has the other's or this new one help fix the laggy feel or the crappy frame rate bog down in jungle maps, ect? If so, I might look into getting the game AGAIN, lol.

Somewhere along the shoreline in New England
    Quote Originally Posted by Illini25
    fix the laggy feel or the crappy frame rate bog down in jungle maps, ect? If so, I might look into getting the game AGAIN, lol.
    Some of the issues it addressed...while it doesn't address overall issues that some people may still be experiencing...I guess the only test is to try it on your system.

Patch 1.2 Update
    EA and DICE are heading into the home stretch and nearing Final Candidate status on the 1.2 Update. Since we're moving towards release, we wanted to take a few minutes to talk about a new feature we’ve been holding close to our collective vests, and also give a short update on some 1.1 issues that the community has been particularly vocal about.

First, the announcement: Battlefiled Vietnam 1.2 will include a brand new Spectator mode. At any time during a play, a user can jump into spectator mode by clicking the Spectator button on the Spawn Menu. The player can then choose to roam around in free cam, follow any player’s progress from follow-cam or watch the action from pre-set spawn point cameras. Jumping back to a team is then as easy as clicking the team’s flag on the Spawn Menu. We hope that this feature will be of great use in both casual play and clan matches.

Moving on, we'd like to talk a bit about the community bugs DICE is working to address in 1.2.

Here is an excerpt from the 1.2 Readme noting several community issues DICE has been working to address.

* Tank splash damage against light and heavy vehicles now works.
    * Minimap sorting order altered so players are visible above the CP flags.
    * Performance problems resolved at the temple in HoChiMinh Trail and Cambodian Incursion.
    * Repeating napalm sound bug has been resolved.
    * The bug with grenades that goes through bridges has been resolved.
    * Parachute not opening properly on first key press.
    * Missing icon flashes for radio commands resolved.

BALANCE/GAMEPLAY TWEAKS

* Helicopter pads at main bases will not reload or repair helicopters occupied by enemy players, even after the control point is taken by the enemy. Note that this is determined by the team the player is on, not by the vehicle they are in.
    * Mi8 hitpoints reduced from 125 to 100. Rocket reload time increased from 3 to 4.5 seconds.

Special thanks go out to all the players who noted these issues in the forums at PlanetBattlefield. We appreciate how much you care about Battlefield Vietnam. For more information on the 1.2 Update, see the August Newsletter here.

Now get back on the battlefield soldiers!
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!

That spectator mode could be pretty cool. Especially for anyone that has fraps, ect. Will work good for grabbing some video clips.

But the draw back would be: if you are getting your butt kicked by a sniper that you can't find, just use that to locate him and go back there to knife him...the same is applicable for a NVA tunnel or a spawn box....

Hopefully, there will be a server option to have it on or off. Im sure there will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Illini25
    That spectator mode could be pretty cool. Especially for anyone that has fraps, ect. Will work good for grabbing some video clips.

But the draw back would be: if you are getting your butt kicked by a sniper that you can't find, just use that to locate him and go back there to knife him...the same is applicable for a NVA tunnel or a spawn box....

Hopefully, there will be a server option to have it on or off. Im sure there will be.
    If you turn it off what fun will it be? If your a good sniper you still won't be found...but I hope that when one goes into this "Spectator mode" that it will show some icon beside that users name in the Tab player menu so that you know as a sniper the one you keep picking off when they go into it to try to find you hense timeto get up and move LOL

Looks like a Game Reload is in order

Is anyone planning on hosting this patch so we can DL from a reliable source ? ( Ahem: UOD ?? )
    Network Engineer for Linux/Windows/Netware servers and connectivity for remotes sites via VPN in Roanoke, VA.

I'll get mine from fileshack.
    Respect it.

Any new's on when the patch is suppose to be released? I've heard today??? 10/7/04