Thread: download managers

download managers

tried look thru the must have downloads..but that was a pain..checked the new one..nothing..
    looking for a good download manager..one that will use multipal sources..triage based on file type..and no spyware or ad-ware..used D.A.P for a long time..then realize it wasnt clean..lol..\
    any suggestions would b great

i know that DAP is dirty, but I still use it! The Pro version though, which is Ad-free!
    Have your feelings been hurt by a random act of E-Thuggery? If so, call 1-800-Waaaaahmbulance, we're here 24 hrs a day, 7 days a week, to take your call, you could be due a large monetary settlement, don't delay, call now.

"Please be careful prior to entering the world wide web, the internet is serious business"

try snapfiles site, download express is very popular and easy to use,
    freeware section below:

http://www.snapfiles.com/freeware/do...er/fwdown.html
    Steve Win XP, Wanadoo Broadband 2mb

flashget is the best and if you got mozilla get Flashgot so it will work in mozilla. Its my favorite works almost every time I reccomend checking it out and its clean. So thats even better. Its not that hard to get the pro version that dont have an ad if you know what I mean.

http://www.amazesoft.com/index.htm

Harley
    If you won't stand behind the troops then you can trying standing in front of them.

thanks for the replys...opmharley..worked great..thanks

Am I missing something?
    I do not understand why one w/ a good broadband connection would need any download manager at all. The windows download managetr works just fine IF you tweak your connection and TCP-IP settings. The bottom line is that you can never download more data at one time than your isp's bandwidth cap, and these download managers only create an apparancy of faster downloading being slightly more efficient by utilizing multiple servers for the same file that is being downloaded.

I do understand that some broadband connections are capped below the natl average or could lack the quality offered by other isps, but this is sometimes able to be solved by changing isps or getting the existing isp to repair/replace lines and equipment.

I frequently d/l large iso images (600-750 MB) and never have any issues nor thought I needed a download manager. Why do some people need one?
    No one has any right to force data on you
    and command you to believe it or else.
    If it is not true for you, it isn't true.

LRH

ya missed nothing :-P. i just like em cause they triage (sp?) and i do a lot of downloading from crappy sites that limit the download so using multipal connections and servers at one time does help..and who said i have broadband? well i do..:-P but anywho's...i just prefer them..don't use them as my main downloading..the built in manager in opera and ie are fine..just like managers of other sorts for misc tasks...

So morbidpete is it working fine for you? I really like how it tells you all the indepth stuff about what its doing like connection refused all that sort of stuff. you got the pro? its the same as free just no ad. Harley
    If you won't stand behind the troops then you can trying standing in front of them.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyT
    Am I missing something?
    I do not understand why one w/ a good broadband connection would need any download manager at all. The windows download managetr works just fine IF you tweak your connection and TCP-IP settings. The bottom line is that you can never download more data at one time than your isp's bandwidth cap, and these download managers only create an apparancy of faster downloading being slightly more efficient by utilizing multiple servers for the same file that is being downloaded.

I do understand that some broadband connections are capped below the natl average or could lack the quality offered by other isps, but this is sometimes able to be solved by changing isps or getting the existing isp to repair/replace lines and equipment.

I frequently d/l large iso images (600-750 MB) and never have any issues nor thought I needed a download manager. Why do some people need one?
    once in a while I use one because the server keeps reseting.
    Strap It On Whenever It Seems Appropriate

http://www.tomsclan.com

Quote Originally Posted by opmharley
    So morbidpete is it working fine for you? I really like how it tells you all the indepth stuff about what its doing like connection refused all that sort of stuff. you got the pro? its the same as free just no ad. Harley
    exelent..even works with opera..just a little ini editeng as stated by the website...thanks alot