Thread: registration key

winterz

Question registration key

hi 2 all
    does any 1 know how to disable the windows registration key that keeps popping up and annoying the hell out of me ?

Can you explain your problem a bit more please so someone can.

Croc.
    Last edited by Croc; 09-26-04 at 07:08 AM. Reason: sp
    Croc.
    It will be long, it will be hard and there will be no withdrawal.
    Winston Churchill
    Remember: Wherever you go in life, you take yourself with you.

SG Elite
    No.

ya could register it...
    Quote Originally Posted by brembo
    "This is a stick-up...I have an armadillo in my pants"

Quote Originally Posted by winterz
    hi 2 all
    does any 1 know how to disable the windows registration key that keeps popping up and annoying the hell out of me ?

If you have done a reinstall and need to re-activate you need to click on reactivate over the phone and enter in your location. It will show you a 1-800 number for you to call.Its all automated and takes a few minutes to do. Then when you enter the info, the automated attendant will give you an activation code. Just enter it into the proper place. If the system doesn't recognize your code they will transfer you to a human in Asia and you give him your serial number and just tell him your doing a reinstall and he will generate a new key. Its simple. They did it for me.

Pie
    SG Pimp Name : *Treacherous P. Shizzle*
    The fight for our way of life needs to be fought on our own soil, for our own people and because of our own interests.
    Hey, If Me & My Buddies Were Making Billions of Dollars I'd Tell Ya What Ya Wanted To Hear Too!

winterz
    i have two hard drives ..one for gaming and one for web and normal stuff , my first drive has registerd windows ... and other has same xp disk installed , so can i register same xp disk twice ????????

p.s i dont run both drives at same time

i have two hard drives ..one for gaming and one for web and normal stuff , my first drive has registerd windows ... and other has same xp disk installed , so can i register same xp disk twice ????????
    There is a file you need to copy called wpa.dbl

anyways heres a little of the instructions...heres the link.

http://netsecurity.about.com/od/wind...twinxp0829.htm

Double-click My Computer
    Double-click on the "C" drive
    Go to the C:\Windows\System32 folder (you may have to click on the link that says "Show The contents of this folder")
    Find the files "wpa.dbl" and "wpa.bak" and copy them to a safe location. You can copy them on a floppy drive or burn it onto a CD or DVD.
    After you have reinstalled Windows XP on your reformatted hard drive, click "No" when asked if you want to go ahead and go through the activation process
    Reboot your computer into SafeMode (you can either press F8 as Windows is booting up to see the Windows Advanced Options menu and select SAFEBOOT_OPTION=Minimal or follow the instructions in Starting Windows XP in SafeMode
    Double-click My Computer
    Double-click on the "C" drive
    Go to the C:\Windows\System32 folder (you may have to click on the link that says "Show The contents of this folder")
    Find the file "wpa.dbl" and "wpa.bak" (if it exists) and rename them to "wpadbl.new" and "wpabak.new"
    Copy your original "wpa.dbl" and "wpa.bak" files from your floppy disk, CD or DVD into the C:\Windows\System32 folder
    Restart your system (if you followed the directions in Starting Windows XP in SafeMode you may need to go back into MSCONFIG to turn off booting into SafeMode)
    The fight for our way of life needs to be fought on our own soil, for our own people and because of our own interests.
    Hey, If Me & My Buddies Were Making Billions of Dollars I'd Tell Ya What Ya Wanted To Hear Too!

p.s i dont run both drives at same time

If its on the SAME comnputer then legally they shouldn't turn you down...like i said just call and try the automated thing first...then if it says Not recognized...tell the guy/girl that your drive crashed and you need a new key.
    They were really cool with me so you should be ok.

Pie

Certified SG Addict
    That wpa.dbl thing never works right.

If the hardware is the same, you can probably just reactivate it again. If not, it's a painless call to Microsoft to get a new code.

A good friend of mine who used to play EQ was named Winterz...