Thread: A Whole New Meaning to the Expression "Blood Shot Eyes"

Blog Entries

A Whole New Meaning to the Expression "Blood Shot Eyes"

Hi to all

Thought this interesting. Now you really can get Loaded on Vodka
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

KALASHNIKOV LENDS NAME TO DRINK
    ------------------------------------------

A NEW PRODUCT introduced in London brings together two of Russia's most famous exports: Vodka and the AK-47 assault rifle. What ties them together? Both are named after Lt.-Gen. Mikhail Kalashnikov.

Kalashnikov, 84, who invented the AK-47, was in London yesterday for the official release of Kalashnikov vodka, which is distilled in St. Petersburg, Russia, and imported to England.

The vodka is available at several clubs throughout London with a North American release planned for next year.

It is the brainchild of entrepreneur John Florey, a graduate of London University, Cambridge University and London's Imperial College.

Florey found the Russian general in the town of Izhevsk in Siberia, where he works as a mechanical engineer at the Izhmash Mechanical Engineering Plant.

Kalashnikov agreed to lend his name to the brand and was named honorary chairman of the new vodka company.

FORMER TANK COMMANDER

Kalashnikov, a former tank commander, designed the AK-47 assault rifle after being wounded during World War II, out of fear that the Germans were better equipped than their Allied foes. The Red Army adopted his design in 1947, with the weapon's short name meaning "Automatic gun of Kalashnikov, 1947."

The gun went on to become the weapon of choice for both communist armies and many criminal and guerrilla groups worldwide. Some estimates say there are now 100 million AK-47s in existence.

Some anti-gun-violence organizations are wary of the vodka's association with the assault rifle and Peter Hamm, of the Washington-based Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, said they hoped the general would "agree that the people enjoying his vodka should not have anything to do with his weapons."

---

regards

minir

Quote Originally Posted by minir
    they hoped the general would "agree that the people enjoying his vodka should not have anything to do with his weapons.
    Not at the same time anyway. Maybe an analogy to eating and swimming. After downing the Vodka, wait a set amount of time (10-20 minutes) before warming up the AK-47.

People will forget what you said... and people will forget what you did... but people will never forget how you made them feel.

Blog Entries
    Hi MadDoctor

Finally Booze with a Real Bang Eh!

I wonder if it has a Killer Hangover as well?

---

Thanks MadDoctor & Have a Lovely Day

--

regards

minir

I love AK-47's, best rifle ever made. Vodka makes my face turn red though, but its easy to drink

Blog Entries
    Hi wee96

The AK was Cheap & Deadly for its intended purpose, without a doubt.

One of my Favourite Summer Drinks was Vodka mixed with Pink Lemonade, in a Jug with Tons of Ice.

Days turned into...Well i don't exactly remember, but i had Fun

--

Thanks wee and Have a Wonderful Day

---

regards

larry

Ewwww!!!

What a frightening combination that is! Bet if mixed together...nobody hits the "bullseye"
    Mystical Folding Minx

Quote Originally Posted by MissTynker2
    Bet if mixed together...nobody hits the "bullseye"
    My wife says that about me when it comes to vodka and sex. Nobody (that would be me) can hit the bullseye.

People will forget what you said... and people will forget what you did... but people will never forget how you made them feel.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MissTynker2
    What a frightening combination that is! Bet if mixed together...nobody hits the "bullseye"
    ---

Hi MissTynker & MadDoctor

I Hate to say it, but...I think your both on Target There.

---

Thanks to you both and Do enjoy your day

--

regards

larry

Quote Originally Posted by MadDoctor
    My wife says that about me when it comes to vodka and sex. Nobody (that would be me) can hit the bullseye.

Careful!! The webcam is rolling!
    Mystical Folding Minx