Thread: linksys router 1 port or 4 port???gaming?? compatable with service???

dannjr

There's a couple of people from here geting rid of the Linksys to move to the Ugate you might want to read some of the reveiws on the main pages here..
    I ordered a Linksys and decided to return it to go with the Ugate..
    Right now I'm still running proxy on a server and its been fast so I'm not in a hurry...
    Keep askin around

------------------
    If your new to speedguide spend some time reading trough the site first!
    THE WORLDS THINNEST BOOKS: MY PLAN TO FIND THE REAL KILLERS - by O. J. Simpson
    Chicago Microsystems
    dannjr@microsyspro.com

nightowl

Question

whats the diff bettween the linksys and the ugate???

cablenut

Talking

The only good ugate to get (the one I currently just ordered) is the 7 port one. I sent dannjr I link to that one its a 7 port switch (the 4 port version isn't a switch) also it's uplink port is it's own port not shared like on the linksys. The reason I got rid of my linksys is because I couldn't host game servers, and run dhcp due to its problems.
    http://maxgate.net/product_3200.htm

------------------
    Head webcheese and geek guru @ http://www.cablenut.com

nightowl

Question linksys router 1 port or 4 port???gaming?? compatable with service???

hey guys......i'm thinking of getting the linksys router.....the thing is that i don't know weather to get the 1 port or the 4 port..i already have 4 computers connected to my hub as well as my DSL modem (can only have 2 computers connected at the same time to the net)

Second question is...is this router compatable with my dsl service, i have Bell sympatico (i live in Ontario Canada) that uses the PPPOE protocol adapter???

third question is...is these routers any good for gaming...i play alot of unreal tournament on the net... and i usualy get a ping between 90-150 on the good servers

If you could answer my questions that would be great.....

nightowl

Exclamation

oh ya..........and is it easy to set up??