Thread: Why is my cable modem slow still around prime internet time i install the @home patch

Gizute

Thumbs down Why is my cable modem slow still around prime internet time i install the @home patch

My internet is still slow with the @home patch, what can i do to make it faster?

dthemcp

Call your provider and bitch or try some other patches/programs like broadbandwizard or the quest@home patch.

Gizute

can the problem lie in the @home program? Does that program slow down my internet or something cus i've been looking at the past discussions?

dthemcp

I definitely suggest that you uninstall the @home software, its useless, it takes up memory and for all we know, it could have some bearing on your connection speed. I have tried most patches and programs on my Win98 machine and find that the win98 patch that speed guide supplies is the best at least for my system. I dont use anything else but that and I get very nice speeds. I have gotten bursts up to 1.5 megaBYTEs on occasion with nothing but that patch.

Gizute

Question

where would that patch be at?

dthemcp

Ahoyhoy

I used to get speeds of 1500kbps down and 92kbps up speeds. After I set my internet MTU to 1500, the d/l speeds rocketed sky high. I was getting speeds at 4900kbps down and 92kbps up.

Gizute

how do i set my mtu settings?

c_dos

im at about