Thread: Adobe Photoshop CS help

Somewhere along the shoreline in New England

Adobe Photoshop CS help

Client runs a pretty new version of Photoshop, on a new Dell 2.8 or 3.0 P4 with HT, 1.0 gigs RAM, pair of SATA hard drives, ATI AIW 9700 or so vid card. WinXP Pro. Machine in clean shape, updated windows, antivirus, drivers, ad/spyware free. He keeps it quite meticulate.

Anyways, with Photoshop, when he's working with some large files, (say 300 megs in size), about to print them...spools it up for a few minutes, and sends it off to a really big Epson photo grade printer he has. Sometimes it prints out then locks, other times it doesn't get that far...it just locks up. Hard lock...as in have to hit the power switch to hard reboot it.

Hard drive has been checkdisked and defragged. The computer does not lock up with anything else, latest Epson drivers...just locks when it's going to print the job.

I've disabled antivirus while trying to print, no change.

Anyone have experience in Photoshop with issues like this?
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!

Quote Originally Posted by YeOldeStonecat
    Client runs a pretty new version of Photoshop, on a new Dell 2.8 or 3.0 P4 with HT, 1.0 gigs RAM, pair of SATA hard drives, ATI AIW 9700 or so vid card. WinXP Pro. Machine in clean shape, updated windows, antivirus, drivers, ad/spyware free. He keeps it quite meticulate.

Anyways, with Photoshop, when he's working with some large files, (say 300 megs in size), about to print them...spools it up for a few minutes, and sends it off to a really big Epson photo grade printer he has. Sometimes it prints out then locks, other times it doesn't get that far...it just locks up. Hard lock...as in have to hit the power switch to hard reboot it.

Hard drive has been checkdisked and defragged. The computer does not lock up with anything else, latest Epson drivers...just locks when it's going to print the job.

I've disabled antivirus while trying to print, no change.

Anyone have experience in Photoshop with issues like this?

i would reccomend creating a second partition and putting the PS swap file there rather than on the same drive as the windows swap file. If at all possible put the PS swap file on a second physical drive this masy be your issue?

-Joe

ииии

ииии

Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    i would reccomend creating a second partition and putting the PS swap file there rather than on the same drive as the windows swap file. If at all possible put the PS swap file on a second physical drive this masy be your issue?

-Joe
    I'll second that, I've seen a message come during the PS install stating they are both on the same drive and you should move one to another physical drive. If you do it post back and tell me how it's done, I've yet to find the menu item that changes it.
    I don't know the same things you don't know.