Thread: my search engine is hijacked

kendallpkkid

my search engine is hijacked

hey everybody whenever I use ie and go to a search engine like google or ask jeeves the first page is full of false answers and mostly adds this also happens when I use aol. However I downloaded mozzilla and i had netscape and when I use them my searches work fine. I am almost positive I am hijacked but I dont know how to fix this problem. I have tried ad-aware, spybot search and destroy, spyhunter, hijack this, I even tried deleting ie and it just reinstalled itself with the same problem.

someone pleeeeeeese help me!!!!!!!

I am currently useing microsoft windows me software.

Run an AV scan...and post a hijackthis log in Security forums..you must be missing something.
    spec-
    Rig #1- AMD XP 2400+, A-Bit KR7A/266, Gainward Geforce3 ti200 64mb Golden Sample, 1GB Crucial DDR, 40 gig WD HDD (7200), XP PRO, Vantec Stealth 420 PSU, Soundblaster Live 5.1
    Rig #2- P4 2.4c, Abit IC7 800 FSB /w onboard sound, Radeon 9700 Pro 128, 1 Gig Corsair 3200 XMS, Dual (SATA) 36GB WD Raptor's in RAID 0, XP Pro, Antec Truepower 400
    Rig #3-AMD Barton 2500+, Albatron KX600 (via), 1 gig Corsair 3200, Radeon 9600 Pro 128, Seagate 80 gig HD, Antec Truepower 400

R.I.P. 2017-10-02 Joint Chiefs of Staff's Avatar
    Also, install/run Adaware and Spybot.

Quote Originally Posted by kendallpkkid
    hey everybody whenever I use ie and go to a search engine like google or ask jeeves the first page is full of false answers and mostly adds this also happens when I use aol. However I downloaded mozzilla and i had netscape and when I use them my searches work fine. I am almost positive I am hijacked but I dont know how to fix this problem. I have tried ad-aware, spybot search and destroy, spyhunter, hijack this, I even tried deleting ie and it just reinstalled itself with the same problem.

someone pleeeeeeese help me!!!!!!!

I am currently useing microsoft windows me software.
    Ad-aware SE? Spybot V1.3? Those are the newest versions...if your hijacked the direct links would be www.lavasoftusa.com and www.safer-networking.org . As soon as you install ad-aware take the check mark off of start scanning and only leave check for updates checked off. If you already have SE installed make sure you update it and use the full system scan option. When its done with its scan Right click on whatever it finds and left click select all if theres nothing in there that you need of course. The same for Spybot...before you do a scan make sure you do an Update then Immunize and be sure to check off all the stuff in red. You may have to do the scans in Safe mode after you have updated if your system is really bad.
    I would also recommend getting spywareblaster and spysweeper as well (Its only good for 1 update but it should clean you out) if u use the spysweeper make sure under options you choose a High priority scan and choose the update definitions and then do a scan.

Pie
    SG Pimp Name : *Treacherous P. Shizzle*
    The fight for our way of life needs to be fought on our own soil, for our own people and because of our own interests.
    Hey, If Me & My Buddies Were Making Billions of Dollars I'd Tell Ya What Ya Wanted To Hear Too!

Go here and download BHODemon.

http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/fil...d,23611,00.asp

The program will quickly scan and find all Browser Helper Objects (things that load automatically for use with IE) and allow you to disable them. This is what the Hijackers usually use. That will at least stop the problem and help you identify what is causing it. From there a few google searches should help you find a tool to clean it off your system completely. Nifty little tool, and make sure and read the tutorial.

There's also a very detailed forum discussion on how to remove the browser hijackers here:

http://www.ntcompatible.com/thread27764-1.html

Regards,
    -Bouncer-

Bouncer, where is here?

Shuddup Mr. Quikie-poster-before-I-can-fix-oversight!

-B-

Quote Originally Posted by Bouncer
    Shuddup Mr. Quikie-poster-before-I-can-fix-oversight!

-B-
    My expectations for mods are just soooo high