Thread: I'll stick with dial-up.

I feel your pain.

Several months ago, city utility crew cut my and next door neighbor's cable line in the back alley. I called local ATT Cable office for help. Since I was not a TV subscriber, local office would not offer any help. I had to call @Home's 800 number for help. You know what! @Home told me I needed to wait for 2 weeks for next available service slot.

Fortunatly, my next door neighbor, a Cable TV subscriber, called the local ATT Cable TV office. The TV cable crew arrived in one hour.

ATT offers me Digital Phone service. I will not subcribe this service till they guarantee, at least, the same service level as Cable TV.

oakfan52

Lightbulb

I have to agree @home's support just sucks! They don't act like they know what they are doing and there phone service is even worse. I disagree however that cable technology doesn't work. The idea is pure guiness,. The problem is that you have two parties involved 1) the locan cable company selling the lines 2) @home which buyds the lines. The problem is that @ home isn't local for most people and the local cable companies just don't care. They need to lose that "jam as many people on a node as possible to make more money" that just doesn't work for us users. A big reform is needed. I hope it comes soon.

Sr Ops

Oakfan52,
    Are you in Elk Grove, just outside of Sac? I ask because they just replaced a few things and I am getting good speeds. I ask too, beacuse I have a friend that is getting it installed on Friday.

Dark Bard

Post I'll stick with dial-up.

I'm just about at my wits end with @home. It's been 3 weeks now and my account still is not set up right and the modem still won't sync up. A tech was supposed to ocme out yesterday and check the line I took time off from work and guess what. No one showed. So far my introduction to broadband service has shown me three things. 1) @home's technology just doesn't work, 2) @home's people are all incompetent and 3) there is no support or accountability from my local cable company. I know the service is good for some of you lucky people out there but right now. Comcast is about to lose a internet and tv subscriber. Which sucks because in this monopoly loving country it's almost like spiting yourself.

cablefreak

Lightbulb

I have AT&T Broadband for both my digital cable and @Home and I couldn't be more pleased. You can complain about cable all you want but I don't think any sane person could ever go back to dial-up. :-)

glc1

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by cablefreak:
    You can complain about cable all you want but I don't think any sane person could ever go back to dial-up. :-)</font>
    I did, but that's b/c my packet loss problem made me insane.

wee96

The service is terrible when it DOESNT work yes, but 90% of the time it does. Your situation is unfair and horrible, but its not normal. Im going by statistics, not by people who come on here ranting. When the system works, you couldnt be more happier (unless you have brain damage) but when your in a hole, as you are, its normal to get angry. If you would stick it out, you would definately love it when it starts working and youd realize how llamaish dialup is.

glc1

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by wee96:
    The service is terrible when it DOESNT work yes, but 90% of the time it does. Your situation is unfair and horrible, but its not normal. Im going by statistics, not by people who come on here ranting. When the system works, you couldnt be more happier (unless you have brain damage) but when your in a hole, as you are, its normal to get angry. If you would stick it out, you would definately love it when it starts working and youd realize how llamaish dialup is.</font>
    Dealing w/a problem that's been on going for three months is "sticking it out", as far as I'm concerned. There's no way I was going to "stick it out" any longer and get fu*cked over any more. And there are a lot more people w/problems than your stats show. @Home isn't the angel of a company that you think it is. There like any other provider--fu*cking a few customers over here and there isn't a problem. At least dial-up works every time I need it.

[This message has been edited by glc1 (edited 01-11-2001).]

Biggy

glc1 have you tweaked your dial up any, if so what tweaks have you implememted? My bro has dial up and i wanted to tweak his.

Richard

3) there is no support or accountability from my local cable company.
    ---------------------------------------------
    That's the truth, I had a real azz-hole tech come out; I't impossiable to find out Haow to complain about him, I emailed support @ Home, there web site; I called to get the Ph # to the local @Home location, whever the Tech home base is, no-one know's, and any Ph # I got from information was the 1-800 #. You'd have to Drive to the local place if you get the address off your Pink repair slip the tech is supposed to leave. If I call in for a truck roll I ask then to put on the work Order NOT to send tech #4200/ A**en; I guess that's the best thing to do.