Thread: My little friend Water cooler Radiator!

All Ur Base R Belong 2 Us Christopher561's Avatar

My little friend Water cooler Radiator!

hehe I love my senfu radiator. Its just so big! I finnaly let this baby free. Removed all the paint and exposed the Nice copper tubing!

Nice huh? I just need a way to mound it into a MiD tower. Its going to be though. Any sudjestions? I mean If I put the radator inside like I want to I need a way to get cool air from the outside. I dont want to mound it ontop on the outside because it would just look funky. I didnt know if this was hardware or a casemod srry.
    Originally posted by Christopher561
    DoNT MESs wItH ME!!
    SG RocKS! :2cool:
    Dude thE DiScriPtion of this SmiLy is rolling on ThE FlooR.

You are going to have to cut the drive bays out from the bottom of the case and then cut a hole big enough for 2 120mm fans. If your case wont do it.. you may have o go with a Full tower.

Quote Originally Posted by Massa
    You are going to have to cut the drive bays out from the bottom of the case and then cut a hole big enough for 2 120mm fans. If your case wont do it.. you may have o go with a Full tower.
    now should they suck in or suck out?
    DoNT MESs wItH ME!!

Well theres stage One.. Only problem is the pipes stick out on the right side of the case. Now I have two options. I could either heat the side panel up then start pounding it out. Or just cut a hole and let the pipes show and then let the tubing just go back into the case through the side or something. Or I could cut a hold and try to fiberglass form to cover it. Ya darn this is starting to become a mod Sorry should of posted in the mod forum woops.. damn look at the where the fans go.. dirty smoky dust!
    DoNT MESs wItH ME!!

Looks nice. I would make a custom shroud out of sheet metal or something similar. Fans should be pulling the air through rad. I highly recommend Evercools aluminum 120 because they move allot of air and are quite. With the amount of area you may need to go push/pull to effectively move air through it. A squirrel cage fan would be nice but it could be a pain matching one to the rads proportions. The down side is it would add more size.
    As for where to put it I would go external without a second thought due to it's massive size. If you're set on internal I would mount it to the side panel so it pulls the air through the case. To keep it where the pic shows it you would have to cut out the side panel it extends through and loose those holes on the front. God I hate those noisy cheap vent holes. Cut them out whether you put the rad there or not. In looking at it going internal would be a huge mess. It can be done but it would be a massive mod/case rebuild type of thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Cypher_138
    Looks nice. I would make a custom shroud out of sheet metal or something similar. Fans should be pulling the air through rad. I highly recommend Evercools aluminum 120 because they move allot of air and are quite. With the amount of area you may need to go push/pull to effectively move air through it. A squirrel cage fan would be nice but it could be a pain matching one to the rads proportions. The down side is it would add more size.
    As for where to put it I would go external without a second thought due to it's massive size. If you're set on internal I would mount it to the side panel so it pulls the air through the case. To keep it where the pic shows it you would have to cut out the side panel it extends through and loose those holes on the front. God I hate those noisy cheap vent holes. Cut them out whether you put the rad there or not. In looking at it going internal would be a huge mess. It can be done but it would be a massive mod/case rebuild type of thing.
    Umm.. well Could you maybe take a little bit of time if you want, and draw me a diagram of that metal shroud your talking about? Thanks if you want to..
    DoNT MESs wItH ME!!