Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: " Nat error "Azureus (no firewall and no share internet connection)

Quote Originally Posted by twingdanna
    So i'm in britain and just moved to Uni. At home could download stuff great and at fast speed from BitTorrent but now I can't do anything at any great speed. The files that I'm going for are more rare but still connection sppeds are abismal, rarely reaching over 2 KB/s.

I've moved onto trying to use Azeurus as it seems a much more comprehensive system and I'm sure it will help me get round my problems.

I use AVG free and Zonealarm pro on my pc. I've allowed permenant permission to Azeurus to access a port (I heard any between 20000 and 40000 will be fine) within Zonealarm (I followed a port forwarding guide) but still I all I can get is the yellow faces next to the downloads and again speeds of 2 KB/s.

I've switched off the Windows internal firewall too as Zonealarm is there to do it's job.

I'm off campus but in Uni accomodation, the system essentially stops me from accessing the internet till I open a web browser where it diverts me to another site where I log on and then can access the internet as I please. The speed is pretty good. (I've done speed checks on the net which pass for about 62KB/s).

This is pretty much all the info I have. If someone help me through this then it would be massivly appreciated as it's gettin past a joke.

All the best,
    twing

Ok, so you've forwarded the port within azureus but have you forwarded the port within your router?

or...do you even have a router or are you just plugged into the uni's network?

I suspect they are limiting traffic to an extent..just a guess though

I just connect straight into their network, I came to uni with my pc from the small network we had at home, pluggged my network cable into the socket in the wall and I had the internet. Will a program like DC++ work or will the university most likely have software (or hardware so I hear) to prevent this?

A list of things I need to find (and how to get them) to make either dc++ or azeurus work would be great but I know thats asking a lot but I tried everything I can find to no avail.

If anyone can help me out then that'd be awesome.

Cheers anyway

All the best,

Twing

Quote Originally Posted by Izzo
    do have the port set right within azureus ? once you change it in the router you gotta point the program to the right port ..they have a little tool on the menu bar
    yes, i have set azureus to use the new port. i have read lots of forums on this topic and have tryed many suggestions, including another program, but i always receive a nat error.

I tried to solve the problem myself but couldnt so have come to you. I have a belkin router. I have found the ip address so that isn't a problem but not sure where to go from there to change the port number. I have gone intoFirewall > Client IP Filters but not sure if that's the right place.

Can anyone help please?

Thanks

I just solved the problem thanks to the help of F1 Mike. I followed his instructions and all my smileys are now green, thanks so much.
    Last edited by barb210; 11-13-06 at 02:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman9188
    yes, i have set azureus to use the new port. i have read lots of forums on this topic and have tryed many suggestions, including another program, but i always receive a nat error.

Then there is an issue either with the IP addres you've entered or a router setting.

Welll I stumbled accross this after searching on google for help about the Nat Error that I get when i run the test on Azureus. I appreciate all the help that has been given out and wonder if you could be so kind to me as well...

I connect using a Wireless Adaptor with a Wanadoo Livebox with router. My current ISP is Orange, and I can never get the green face with Azureus downloads.

I have tried the recent advice in this topic, but if i'm being honest i'm not great at all of this forwarding ports etc so some help would really be greatly appreciated.

I have disabled my firewall and Anti Virus (Norton) and yet the problem still occurs.

http://img292.imageshack.us/img292/9144/untitledon0.jpg

This is a the page where I forward the ports but to be honest I really don't understand quite what to do.

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaalth
    Welll I stumbled accross this after searching on google for help about the Nat Error that I get when i run the test on Azureus. I appreciate all the help that has been given out and wonder if you could be so kind to me as well...

I connect using a Wireless Adaptor with a Wanadoo Livebox with router. My current ISP is Orange, and I can never get the green face with Azureus downloads.

I have tried the recent advice in this topic, but if i'm being honest i'm not great at all of this forwarding ports etc so some help would really be greatly appreciated.

I have disabled my firewall and Anti Virus (Norton) and yet the problem still occurs.

http://img292.imageshack.us/img292/9144/untitledon0.jpg

This is a the page where I forward the ports but to be honest I really don't understand quite what to do.

Thanks in advance.

What are the options in the drop down menus?

http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/7492/2du5.jpg

That's Service: Select from the following list.

The protocol is TCP or UDP.

Thanks for help in advance.

Edit: Forgot to add that the default port on my Azureus was 35538. When I did the nat test on this it said Nat Error, just for clarification.
    Last edited by Shaalth; 11-15-06 at 05:15 AM.

Hi

I used F1 Mike's guide and for one evening everything was ok and my smiley's were all green. I have just switched on and they have gone back to red and yellow again.

Any idea what I can do please?

Thanks

http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/7492/2du5.jpg

That's Service: Select from the following list.

The protocol is TCP or UDP.

Thanks for help in advance.

Edit: Forgot to add that the default port on my Azureus was 35538. When I did the nat test on this it said Nat Error, just for clarification.
    TCP is the protocol you want ... try a port like 65000

Quote Originally Posted by barb210
    Hi

I used F1 Mike's guide and for one evening everything was ok and my smiley's were all green. I have just switched on and they have gone back to red and yellow again.

Any idea what I can do please?

Thanks
    not sure who F1 Mike is

Quote Originally Posted by Izzo
    TCP is the protocol you want ... try a port like 65000
    Sorry for being a noob, but could you tell me what to put in the 'Service' field?

Also not quite sure how to enter the port, there are 2 fields (external and internal?)

Thanks in advance and sorry for not knowing much about this, I appreciate your help.

Sorry for being a noob, but could you tell me what to put in the 'Service' field?

Also not quite sure how to enter the port, there are 2 fields (external and internal?)

Thanks in advance and sorry for not knowing much about this, I appreciate your help.

check manual service

ok so like i tried everything to get this damn **** working its driving me insane i tell ya's.

so far:

my ip is 192.168.2.6 (router ip: 10.1.1.4, dhcp settings: ip range 192.168.2. (2-5)

port "open" is 65200 (tcp and udp) for my static ip.

no firewalls on at all including windows ;P

and i still get the fecking NAT error....

any1 got any ideas wat could b the problem? even if its a simple thing that i could've missed.

ty in advanced.

LOL nice nickname

You mention router, did you disable the NAT function of the router? Could also be called SPI filter or something.

Lost...in translation

I guess I am a noob at this and am still learning but I am lost I have read the last 8 pages and tried all that was suggested to correct the problem and I am still encountering the NAT error.

The problem at hand : I have a static IP address 172.16.105.196 can't access my router because it is maintained by Time warner " I have a commerical Account" I plug into the wall in my apt. So I don't think that I have a router management page that I can go to and set port settings. I was reading that a chap use a plug in system like mine at his University so how did he get it to work.

The port I am trying to use is 49152. So what should I try.
    I have allowed the Azureus.exe in the firewall I have also added under port permissions the port 49152.
    So if I understand this right all that is left to do is to forward from the router I think but then I run into the above stated issue
    Someone please help

AJ
    Last edited by Ajune; 11-23-06 at 02:40 AM.

Hey

I'm an Israeli living in Russia (don't know how that happened) anyway i have a similar problem, that is i have this NAT problem. now i don't know what a router is, i don't think i have one, i have a cable modem. also my ip starts with 10.2...
    WTF with that? can anyone help?

Quote Originally Posted by Avishy View Post
    I'm an Israeli living in Russia (don't know how that happened) anyway i have a similar problem, that is i have this NAT problem. now i don't know what a router is, i don't think i have one, i have a cable modem. also my ip starts with 10.2...
    WTF with that? can anyone help?

If you don't have a router then I assume your trouble if with a software firewall?

Do you run a firewall ?

Okay I am stuck on the first step it seems. I can't find my IP address!.Everyone says I should go to run and type cmd when I do that says "cmd is not a valid Win32 application" Am I doing something really stupid? I've tried to use others like 192.168.1.1 but I get a this page can not be displayed. I have a netgear router, and the NAT error. I use Azureus and am really stuck so any help would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Shimmergirl View Post
    Okay I am stuck on the first step it seems. I can't find my IP address!.Everyone says I should go to run and type cmd when I do that says "cmd is not a valid Win32 application" Am I doing something really stupid? I've tried to use others like 192.168.1.1 but I get a this page can not be displayed. I have a netgear router, and the NAT error. I use Azureus and am really stuck so any help would be nice.
    type in cmd.exe in the run box, and then type in ipconfig to see your address.