Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: " Nat error "Azureus (no firewall and no share internet connection)

Hi MrLeroy...

As promised, here's my report. I turned on my laptop as soon as I reach home, connect to my wireless router, run Azureus, and.... all, yes ALL, green smileys! I have not changed any settings (refer to my first posting for my setting) since I left home in the first place. All I did was closely follow the Azureus 'NAT error' instruction. That is making sure port forwarding is done correctly and create exception on firewall. By the way, I have just enabled my firewall (Norton Internet Security 2006; Windows firewall remains off), allow/permit all connections for Azureus and the green smileys are still green. My NAT/Firewall test is now showing 'OK!'. Previously, it was always displaying 'NAT error'.

Since my connection here is much slower than you guys out there (mine is cable 64/16 kBps), my download speed around 5pm hovers around 10-15 kBps (Geeez... I envy you guys who complain 100+ kB/s as slow!). Previously, without the green smileys, it hovers around 5-7 kBps only. I guess, the explanation given here (http://bt.degreez.net/firewalled.html)on 'why is being firewalled bad?' is really accurate.

So MrLeroy, I guess I can say we do not need to place our local LAN IP (in my case 192.168.1.1) in DMZ. My setup is very similar to yours.

Thanks again for inspiring/helping for the solution...

Very interesting indeed.

How bizarre that you didnt need to set up a DMZ to get green smilies, and I did, and that both our NAT errors were solved with different methods. Stranger things have happened at sea, im sure, but its still odd none the less. Well, im glad your all green faced now and that you have azureus running properly.

May I ask, where are you located, those are some really poor connection speeds you get, im just interested, which country are you from?

I thought my connection speed was slow, im in the south east of england and i have a 2meg line soon to be increased to 8meg..

None the less, gratz on a Healthy Azureus and all the best in your future endevours!

I live in Jakarta, Indonesia. They do offer both ADSL & Cable connections here although I believe not as fast as what they offer in your country (8 megs? woow...). However, the price for ADSL here is prohibitive for the majority. As for me, a personal cable is quite sufficient for the time being.

Thanks again...

Ahh jakarta eh, The school i went to as a kid had a Gamelan made there, such a unique instrument..

Anyhow, glad its all sorted. Best of luck!

Meh. I've tried everything I've seen recommended here and abroad and I still can't get it to work properly. At first the DHT and NAT were saying they were firewalled and now the DHT is working but the NAT is still saying it's firewalled. I'm using Zone Alarm Pro and supposedly it's been configured to let Azureus alone to do it's thing, but I still can't get it to work properly. I've done everything else before that, like getting a static ip address and the port forwarding thing, but I seem to have gotten to this point and ground to a halt. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

ETA: So I rebooted the comp and left it sitting for a while. The NAT problem has seemingly resolved itself for the time being, but after a while DHT started saying it was being firewalled again. I don't know what's causing this, because I'm almost certain I didn't change any settings. It's really bugging me. ETA II: -headdesk- So the reason why the DHT was being firewalled was because Zone Alarm didn't save the rule I set in it earlier about the TCP ports. Fixed that, problem's gone. Still can't fathom how the NAT fixed itself earlier though.
    Last edited by Tiroskan; 06-22-06 at 12:04 PM.

Utorrent...

I've tried uTorrent. Whatever's causing difficulties for Azureus is causing difficulties for uTorrent as well. I can't even download with either of them at this point for whatever reason.

I've been having this same issue. I'll go into as much detail as I can.

My last computer was destroyed a few days ago. I have a new, better computer - a Gateway GT4016 as opposed to my previous computer, which was custom-built four years ago and updated most recently two years ago. Just about nothing worked right on that computer - MSN Messenger didn't work, Trillian didn't work, IE didn't work, Firefox gave me occasional trouble...but uTorrent and BitLord both worked fine.

Now I'm on my new computer, using the same router - a Linksys router, yes - and IE, Firefox, and Trillian all work fine, but BitLord doesn't work at all. I downloaded uTorrent, which worked all right but not great, and finally Azureus, which works, but gives me the little blue face that means the tracker is down, and nothing I seed ever uploads at all.. I've looked into it, and it turns out I'mg etting a NAT error on every port I've tried so far.

I looked into going to 192.168.1.1, but I've not been able to get past the username and password stage. I tried user:admin and pass:admin, and a blank username and pass:admin, but have not been able to get through. I've uninstalled McAfee firewall, which was just annoying me anyway, and deactivated the Windows firewall. I've checked to make sure that any other monitor of what uses the internet is also totally disabled. The NAT error persists.

Any suggestions?

Unhappy help pleasee

i've read through all 6-7 pages worth of help everyone has given and none of it works... actually i've NEVER had green smileys before..and i've been using azureus for about...a year maybe? and i've been noticing it's down to 1-800 bytes..taht's not very fast =\

so i've been having this NAT error ever since i got azureus and downloading is a pain....can someone help mee? i'm not so good with this stuff either
    help? =\

err i know i have DSL and wireless? my..router? is a linksys..and i get the signal from a 2wire modem. myfirewall is the windows firewall...
    Last edited by lian; 07-08-06 at 09:26 PM.

Lightbulb Check your Home Network

Hi all, I ran into the Nat error, DHT firewall prob again, once I moved and got a different ISP. I forwarded ports, enabled/disabled Plug and Play, messed with my firewall, etc, and nothing would work. After frustrating myself and messing around with my Router settings page I had an epiphany! I had two computer on the network, both named under the same name. One connected via ethernet cable, one via wireless. I saw that I was mistakenly forwarding ports, etc, on the LAN computer, which was inactive, and not on the same-named wireless one, which was the active one. Once I removed the user definitions for the LAN computer, and added them to the wireless one, everything was all green smiles!

Just wanted to post this in case anyone was as sillly as I, and didn't see WHAT computer they were editing on thier router - also - I highly recommend naming your computers very differnt names!

All the best!

Ummm, help me too? You guys are speaking a foreign language to me...

I've tried following this thread, but my NAT section of my ISP's maintenance page is asking for Trigger Port/s, Trigger Type, Public Port, Public Type. And the Trigger port looks like it has space for numbers, then there's a built in dash (-) then more numbers. Not just 6881. Looks like it wants 6881-####. Wha?

I'm just trying to get Azureus set on my new MacBook. ANY assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by jessireebob; 10-15-06 at 02:43 PM.

Azureus Nat Problem

I am having the same problem with the Nat error. I use port 6881 of both TCP and UDP. I have forwarded this through my router, Buffalo WHR-G54S, to my IP. I have all firewalls disabled. My internet connection is a PPPoE wireless 2mb/500kb. I have never had green lights or faces, except my share ratio light. If anyone could help I would surely appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman9188
    I am having the same problem with the Nat error. I use port 6881 of both TCP and UDP. I have forwarded this through my router, Buffalo WHR-G54S, to my IP. I have all firewalls disabled. My internet connection is a PPPoE wireless 2mb/500kb. I have never had green lights or faces, except my share ratio light. If anyone could help I would surely appreciate it.
    try changing the port to something else ...there is a port range specified on their forums ...some ISP's are blocking or limiting traffic they beleive to be this kinda crap ...so give that whirl...double check TCP/UDP is enabled and that you specified the IP of the router ..not your IP

I tryed port 55321 and it still says nat error. I am not sure what u meant by "make sure you specify the router ip not yours". here is what my router config is, [app1][pppoe1: wan ip address][tcp/udp 55321]<=>[192.168.11.2][tcp/udp 55321][enabled]. my comp, 192.168.11.2, is wirelessly connected to my router, 192.168.11.1,my router then forwards port 55321 to my pppoe ip address. from there it is up to my isp. i have azureus set to use port 55321 and i have upnp enabled on my router, my comp, and in azureus. again thanks for the help, i hope im not a bother.

why do you have to make 100000 accounts instead of just posting with the same god damned one?? don't you understand it's against the rules and isn't going to get anyone to do anything but ignore you?

Nat error with azureus

Hi i was wondering can anyone please help me. I do not know where to go to open ports.Can someone please be kind enough to guide me. I am always having yellow smileys. My router is Prolink H9200. I experienced a nat error when my router was changed. I am using windows xp and I disabled already the firewall.

read the manual for your router.

Quote Originally Posted by Amro
    read the manual for your router.

Ya, what he said ^^

Porky....you really need to do what Amro said.....this way you'll get a better idea of how things work going forward. Inside the configuration page (usually an address like 192.x.x.x.) you'll find the settings you need to adjust to make it work.....I have a linksys router so mine is a bit different.

Also ...to find the IP address needed you'll to go to your start menu and click on 'run'

type in 'cmd' (without quotes) and then hit enter....from there it will bring up a DOS box ....in there type in 'ipconfig' (again, without quotes) ...this will give you the information needed to make it work.

Lastly...make sure you've done as you've said ...allow the application access through your firewall and make sure you've configured the settings within Azurues itself .....

personally i chose port 65200 ...make sure TCP/UDP is allowed and enabled....post back if you have trouble

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman9188
    I tryed port 55321 and it still says nat error. I am not sure what u meant by "make sure you specify the router ip not yours". here is what my router config is, [app1][pppoe1: wan ip address][tcp/udp 55321]<=>[192.168.11.2][tcp/udp 55321][enabled]. my comp, 192.168.11.2, is wirelessly connected to my router, 192.168.11.1,my router then forwards port 55321 to my pppoe ip address. from there it is up to my isp. i have azureus set to use port 55321 and i have upnp enabled on my router, my comp, and in azureus. again thanks for the help, i hope im not a bother.
    do have the port set right within azureus ? once you change it in the router you gotta point the program to the right port ..they have a little tool on the menu bar

Question Uni student needs help.....

So i'm in britain and just moved to Uni. At home could download stuff great and at fast speed from BitTorrent but now I can't do anything at any great speed. The files that I'm going for are more rare but still connection sppeds are abismal, rarely reaching over 2 KB/s.

I've moved onto trying to use Azeurus as it seems a much more comprehensive system and I'm sure it will help me get round my problems.

I use AVG free and Zonealarm pro on my pc. I've allowed permenant permission to Azeurus to access a port (I heard any between 20000 and 40000 will be fine) within Zonealarm (I followed a port forwarding guide) but still I all I can get is the yellow faces next to the downloads and again speeds of 2 KB/s.

I've switched off the Windows internal firewall too as Zonealarm is there to do it's job.

I'm off campus but in Uni accomodation, the system essentially stops me from accessing the internet till I open a web browser where it diverts me to another site where I log on and then can access the internet as I please. The speed is pretty good. (I've done speed checks on the net which pass for about 62KB/s).

This is pretty much all the info I have. If someone help me through this then it would be massivly appreciated as it's gettin past a joke.

All the best,
    twing