Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: " Nat error "Azureus (no firewall and no share internet connection)

70,166 views???

Damn. lol

I see this is a common problem for most folks...

You'd think they'd make this stuff easier for us wouldn't ya??

Quote Originally Posted by greaTER
    Damn. lol

I see this is a common problem for most folks...

You'd think they'd make this stuff easier for us wouldn't ya??

it's easier than you think.

Okay, here we go again...

I use Azureus (v 2.4.0.2), almost exclusively to download/upload from/to OiNK (http://oink.me.uk).

I get great down/up speeds with torrents from any other site, but the torrents from that specific site will only download (also at great speed). In other words: I can't seed, and so my ratio is dropping and I will get kicked out (at least when I've downloaded another 50 torrents or so... ).

(This was not a problem when I used bitcomet, but that client was banned from the site.)

I have done everything I can do (or so I thought...) about router options (port forward and such), but I STILL get the NAT error message, and the Azureus NAT/Firewall test fails every time. I also get the "DHT Firewalled" error on the files I've successfully downloaded.

I'm not behind a software firewall, and the router firewall is set to accept the port(s) I've tried to use for Azureus. (I've got a static IP and all that.)

Prrrleeeeaaaaase help me...!

Hello, I seem to be having the same problem with the NAT error on my home desktop PC. I have disabled my firewall. I use Fast-Access Wireless DSL from ISP Bellsouth. My PC is connected by a Netopia 802.11b WLAN USB Adapter. I have no idea how to get to any page to edit any information about, well... anything. I need step-by-step instructions, since I am utterly clueless when it comes to modems, routers, and the like. I appreciate any help that you guys can give me, and if you need any other information about my system, or connection, please let me know.

My sincere appreciation ahead of time for the help.

ok, ya, so ive read most of these posts and i still cant get it to go green...... can anyone AIM me or MSN me to help?????

Please, anyone. I've yet to solve this problem, and I surely would appreciate a solution of any kind. Thanks a ton.

I've finally solved it. Thanks!

Hi i had the same problem with Azureus and did all the steps here and i got green DHT but
    the tcp is still red saying 'firewalled'. and i turned off my firewall(windows firewall)
    i dont know wat to do anymore
    i am useing high speed dsl modem UGA-101

EDIT: Weird I restarted my computer and now TCP is ok (green) and DHT is firewalled????
    does any one know wats going on?
    Last edited by Restalius; 05-18-06 at 04:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Restalius
    Hi i had the same problem with Azureus and did all the steps here and i got green DHT but
    the tcp is still red saying 'firewalled'. and i turned off my firewall(windows firewall)
    i dont know wat to do anymore
    i am useing high speed dsl modem UGA-101

EDIT: Weird I restarted my computer and now TCP is ok (green) and DHT is firewalled????
    does any one know wats going on?
    windows firewall?... allow it within your firewall

Quote Originally Posted by HillS
    I've finally solved it. Thanks!
    it would be nice of you to post how you fixed your issue, may help someone else out in the future, congrats

Quote Originally Posted by Mark
    it would be nice of you to post how you fixed your issue, may help someone else out in the future, congrats

they never come back .... i just stopped helping

Constant NAT Error

I have configured my router for UDP and TCP ports 64039 and 49152 setting my ip to 192.168.11.2 which is static. My internet comes through a router attached to another computer on the network (192.168.11.1) and firewalls are turned off on both mine and the gateway computer.

Still NAT is failing, please help! I've tried every guide I can find with various port numbers etc.

I'm running Win XP SP2 with a buffalo router.

Hi,

Another one here with the same problem, mine shows red face (firewallrd) and yellow face (DHT firewalled)

Running xp with windows firewall turned of.

Use zonealarm, but for this purpose is also turned off.

Here are screenshots of ipconfig & my router forwarding.

My router is a sweex LC000070 wireless

..im sorry..mines knackered too

Hey guys, well ive read it all and done it all, being attempting to fix this on and off for a year now

I know you have said you are no longer helping people, I can understand, many of them are very rude and thoughtless, but not all

I hope I can convince you im not one of those. Id really appreciate some thoughts on this.

Heres what ive done:

I still get NAT erorr however.

I run no firewalls or A.V, nForce fw is off, win firewall is off too.

Running a Linksys WRT54G but im wired in
    Running a ZoomX3 ADSL modem which i cannot access as its been 4 years since i set it up.

any help would be appreciated, im off to browse the forums a little.
    Last edited by MrLeroy; 06-03-06 at 10:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLeroy
    Hey guys, well ive read it all and done it all, being attempting to fix this on and off for a year now

I know you have said you are no longer helping people, I can understand, many of them are very rude and thoughtless, but not all

I hope I can convince you im not one of those. Id really appreciate some thoughts on this.

Heres what ive done:

[IMG]http://www.MyOnlineImages.com/Members/leroy24/images/IMG.gif[/IMG

I still get NAT erorr however.

I run no firewalls or A.V, nForce fw is off, win firewall is off too.

Running a Linksys WRT54G but im wired in
    Running a ZoomX3 ADSL modem which i cannot access as its been 4 years since i set it up.

any help would be appreciated, im off to browse the forums a little.

try a different port and check your settings within azureus....

Ahh yes, i posted this in the forum, i remember now.

Well, i sorted it out anyway, heres how.

As I run a Router hehind a modem, I had conflicts of interest between the 2 units, so i set up a Demilitarized Zone within the modem to bypass all traffic 100% to the router, then used port forwarding to direct Azureus Traffic to my PC. Sorted, all works like a treat now with the firewalls back up. 900kbs d/l cant be bad with all green faces lit

Quote Originally Posted by MrLeroy
    Ahh yes, i posted this in the forum, i remember now.

Well, i sorted it out anyway, heres how.

As I run a Router hehind a modem, I had conflicts of interest between the 2 units, so i set up a Demilitarized Zone within the modem to bypass all traffic 100% to the router, then used port forwarding to direct Azureus Traffic to my PC. Sorted, all works like a treat now with the firewalls back up. 900kbs d/l cant be bad with all green faces lit
    MrLeroy... I've searched thru countless forums for answer to the ^%$#$% evergreen yellow Smiley and NAT/Firewall test returning 'NAT error' forever. You wrote something about 'setting up DMZ within the modem to bypass all traffic to the router'. Well... this is one I have not tried. My question is, how do you setup a DMZ within the modem? I cant find instruction anywhere. Here's what I have:

DLink DCM-202 Cable modem
    Linksys WRT54GC router (Wan IP: 202.73.122.xxx, LAN IP: 192.168.1.1)
    My computer has static IP 192.168.1.200
    I use port 56789 (TCP & UDP) & have forwarded it to the static IP
    I turn all F/W off (windows & Norton Internet Security 2006)
    NAT is OK (green), DHT is OK (showing # of users)
    Peers connection are all (this is the problem!) locally initiated, no remote connections

Should I put the LAN IP of the router in a DMZ? Is that what you mean?

Please help...

Ok, well, im no expert, nor do i pretend to be so my instructions as best i can put them are pretty lame.. Also, which i forgot to mention, to save me time in the long run, I also set a static IP, making me much more vulnerable to being traced for whatever i do, but i dont really download stuff im not allowed to anyway.

You are right in what you say, you need to setup the DMZ within the modem by entering the local IP of the router as the 'DMZ host IP' which it is called in my ZoomADSL x3 modem. this 'apparently' forwards without mercy ALL traffic to the router or something, I dont fully understand it or appreciate it myself

Then within the router on the static IP, I forwarded port 58042 to my machines Ip within the network.

I also did something i was recommended to do, which was reconfigure my Static DNS 1 to match the gateway IP, i dont remember if the gateway IP was already defined, or if I defined it from getting the Ip from somewhere else on the system, i think it was already there and all i needed to do was copy it to the static DNS 1 field. this should all look similar on your router, mines a WRT54g so it shouldnt be tooooo different, if at all.

The thing is, this was to fix my NAT Errors which u dont seem to be suffering, so whether or not this will fix your specific problem, of this i am unsure.

Let me know how it goes, ok?

All the best

MrLeroy...

I have not had the chance to try out the solution you mentioned as I'm out of town. However, while out of town, I tried connecting to the local ADSL 384/128 kBps (my connection at home is cable 64/16 kBps) using linksys WRT54G (I think). I have not done any changes at all to the setting and 'lo... suddenly smiling green faces starts popping out.

At the moment, all I can share is, my setting is exactly like my previous post. I suspect, my connection back home (cable 64/16 kBps) is too slow. I will check my suspicion and get back to you Monday. I want to know if I can (or cant) get the green smiley again and will revert back to you.

Cheers...

Well thats a start Nala, we all like the Green Faces

As far as my experience with this goes, your connection speed shouldnt really affect your GReen Faces as it were, you will still get a clean connection, just not as quick as on a faster connection, it should still report as everything running fine.

Try it again when you return home and like you say, keep me posted on the results