Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 333

Thread: " Nat error "Azureus (no firewall and no share internet connection)

  1. #81
    Quote Originally Posted by born2gain
    hi, i'm a new comer in this board, i also having trouble getting connection from bitcomet and azerues (sp), I have done my port forwarding and nothing is changed, even when i use ares, i can only get a few results from my searches.

    My connection is 384k/64k and im using Prolink Hurricane 9000G Router, so if anyone here who can lend a hand then that would be much appreciate it. Thanks!!!

    not sure what you mean by searches ....maybe you're using the wrong keywords to search ... azureus has a NAT test within it ... just go to ..hmm I think it's tools>options and check the NAT test ...if you're still having trouble after that allow the app within your software firewall( if you have one)

    also your speed will limit you obviously

  2. #82
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    7
    ^^

    I tried the NAT/Firewall test on azureus and the result was ok. the smileys turned to green but i was still downloading at an incredibly slow speed (0.5kb-1.3kb) so i left it overnight and nothing changed. Also i am unsure what type of firewall my router has but i managed to disable almost all the setting ragards to it.

    What i ment with ares is, when i put in keywords such as lets see "Yellow Card" or any type of other songs of movies, i only get a few results back. When i download a file from it there's alot of users doing Pushing (UDP), which i don;t understand what it means.

  3. #83
    Quote Originally Posted by born2gain
    ^^

    I tried the NAT/Firewall test on azureus and the result was ok. the smileys turned to green but i was still downloading at an incredibly slow speed (0.5kb-1.3kb) so i left it overnight and nothing changed. Also i am unsure what type of firewall my router has but i managed to disable almost all the setting ragards to it.

    What i ment with ares is, when i put in keywords such as lets see "Yellow Card" or any type of other songs of movies, i only get a few results back. When i download a file from it there's alot of users doing Pushing (UDP), which i don;t understand what it means.

    UDP is a protocol....when you port forwarded make sure you set it to TCP not UDP

  4. #84
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    4
    Okay, I have a linksys bfrsr81 which is the same as the 41 but with more ports. Anyway, I have followed the portforward directions, and done everything I possibly could do and Azureus refuses to work correctly. Right now I have the port on Azureus set to 65531 because portforward.com said I can use any port from like 42561 to 65580 or something like that. I've tried multiple random numbers and I get the following message:

    Testing port 65531 ... Unable to test: Invalid port given, or test service failed.
    Another application may already be using this port.

    I have no firewalls (windows firewall is off), and I'm using sp2. The faces are green sometimes and I'll get speeds around 80 kb, but the NAT thing doesn't say "OK" like it should. It has in the past randomly and I have no idea why it worked and why it doesn't now. I also am getting 0kb upload for some reason and I have it set to 25 in options. If someone can solve this problem so that I have no nat errors and my upload starts working I will be very grateful. Btw, I currently have ports 6881 to 6999, 6969, 16881, 49180, 65531 forwarded on my router to 192.168.1.101. in ipconfig the ip is 192.168.1.101 and the default gateway is 192.168.1.1. I'm assuming forwarding the ports to 192.168.1.101 is correct. In the DMZ host option its at 192.168.1.101, even though I have no clue what that does. Thank you.

  5. #85
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    4
    Okay, I'm getting good dl speeds and faces are still green at the bottom of Azureus I see "NAT OK" but I still get the: "Testing port 65531 ... Unable to test: Invalid port given, or test service failed.
    Another application may already be using this port."

    As for upload, it's somehow at 0. Is there some option I'm forgetting or something in my router?

  6. #86
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    4
    I have now started another download with 13 seeds and I'm getting 300 kb but the face is yellow next to it.

    Still no upload.

    Took a while but the face is green, no upload.
    Last edited by scar1; 03-15-06 at 03:06 AM.

  7. #87
    The IP looks good.....I'd double check your router settings maning sure that both incoming/outgoing ports are the same and TCP is checked. I would suggest using a different port if that's the error you're getting ... try the default ...i think its the 42516 or something like that. Also if you're running a software firewall like norton/sygate make sure the app is allowed within it. I can tell you from experience that you wont always get green happy faces with that prog even if your settings are correct and you won't always d/l at blazing speeds....there are many factors that can determine that also.... in fact, azureus says on their site if you don't seed/upload your priority could be affected. Keep testing and post back

  8. #88
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    4
    Using port 6881 now and nat is OK, but I'm still not getting upload and download is spiking from 100 kb to 3 kb randomly.

  9. #89
    Quote Originally Posted by scar1
    Using port 6881 now and nat is OK, but I'm still not getting upload and download is spiking from 100 kb to 3 kb randomly.

    do you see the speeds in the lower right corner of the browser ?...right click and you can set the speeds manually..... or go into the options and fiddle with the settings... perhaps you turned something off .. I can specualte but if your NAT is ok then your issues are with the network/peers not your connection.

  10. #90
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by Izzo
    UDP is a protocol....when you port forwarded make sure you set it to TCP not UDP
    What happens if i set on both of them TCP and UDP?

    I've got some port forwards at 6881- 6999 in both TCP and UDP
    Also other ports?

    So are you saying i only need to forward TCP and not ‹DP?

  11. #91
    Quote Originally Posted by born2gain
    What happens if i set on both of them TCP and UDP?

    I've got some port forwards at 6881- 6999 in both TCP and UDP
    Also other ports?

    So are you saying i only need to forward TCP and not ‹DP?

    When you forward ports you want them to be identical


    6881 6881 TCP .....you only need to do one....no need to set a range ..I posted a pic on a previous page that shows what it should look like..... you shouldn't have UDP enabled anywhere ...

  12. #92
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    7
    ^^

    KK thanks dude i'm in the middle of downloading once im done i'll try that out and see if it works, oh btw what port do u think it would be most suitable to use bitcomet?

  13. #93
    Quote Originally Posted by born2gain
    ^^

    KK thanks dude i'm in the middle of downloading once im done i'll try that out and see if it works, oh btw what port do u think it would be most suitable to use bitcomet?

    Dunno, I use azureus exclusively.....and 6881 still works for me despite their posts.

  14. #94
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    7
    oh another question, what ip should i put? is it my WAN ip, LAN ip or my DHCP Clients Ip address???

  15. #95
    Quote Originally Posted by born2gain
    oh another question, what ip should i put? is it my WAN ip, LAN ip or my DHCP Clients Ip address???

    LAN

  16. #96
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    7
    Hey Izzo i did the setting the way u said i should, everything works fine like NAT is ok, i can see how many users are on azureus and the other problem im still having is my download is still slow 1kb-1.8kb max, witht that file im connected to 33 (388) seeders.

    Am i missing something?

  17. #97
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    7
    Hey Izzo i did the setting the way u said i should, everything works fine like NAT is ok, i can see how many users are on azureus and the other problem im still having is my download is still slow 1kb-1.8kb max, witht that file im connected to 33 (388) seeders.

    Am i missing something?

  18. #98
    Quote Originally Posted by born2gain
    Hey Izzo i did the setting the way u said i should, everything works fine like NAT is ok, i can see how many users are on azureus and the other problem im still having is my download is still slow 1kb-1.8kb max, witht that file im connected to 33 (388) seeders.

    Am i missing something?

    Hmm ..and you're getting green happy faces also?

  19. #99
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1
    hey, i came across this thread on google, and i found it very helpful! I use azureus and my dude has always been yellow. when i followed this thread, i managed to get it green! i can also notice a slight speed difference, although its not great. any ideas on how i can get the speed increased through other methods? i'm getting about 30kbps at the moment.

  20. #100
    Quote Originally Posted by GruntGuy
    hey, i came across this thread on google, and i found it very helpful! I use azureus and my dude has always been yellow. when i followed this thread, i managed to get it green! i can also notice a slight speed difference, although its not great. any ideas on how i can get the speed increased through other methods? i'm getting about 30kbps at the moment.
    it's hit or miss ....depending on seeds and your connection ...set download to unlimited and find a suitable level to upload.....

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •