Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 333

Thread: " Nat error "Azureus (no firewall and no share internet connection)

  1. #61
    ya i typed it in but i im on the third cable slot so i was typinign in 192.618.0.3 when i needed to tyoe .0.1 so i got it now

  2. #62
    Quote Originally Posted by brdrdude991
    ya i typed it in but i im on the third cable slot so i was typinign in 192.618.0.3 when i needed to tyoe .0.1 so i got it now

    let me know how it works out

  3. #63
    ooookay then.

  4. #64
    No more help for noobs

  5. #65
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    5
    I've also been having this little problem. I really am sorry if I sound like a noob (Who am i kidding, i am), but i have never done this kind of stuff before, so i feel overly cautious. After ransacking my bellsouth modem's site configuration thingy and finding the page to forward ports, I've come upon a Window that asks for the global port range and the base host port. I'm not sure what to enter for the base host port.

    As for global range, i changed the defaulted port in azureas to 16881 per the advice of another guide (It spoke of certain isps throttling the downloading of the 6881 port, and just suggested you make a change regardless). How would this change my global port range thingy?

    I also can only select between UDP and TCP. I read a few pages back that you should select TCP, but I notice all the port numbers in azureaus are coupled with a UDP, will this make any difference? I'm very sorry for the n00b infringement.

    If someone has a moment, can you sum up the basics of port forwarding? I don't really understand it, and i'd like to have a basic idea of what im fooling with, if just for the future.

    Thanks much.

  6. #66
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    5
    and i just realised that i bumped a very old thread...im sorry if there are rules against this, i should have checked the date. >_<

  7. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by Whtny42
    and i just realised that i bumped a very old thread...im sorry if there are rules against this, i should have checked the date. >_<

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Port_forwarding

    TCP and 6881 still work for me ...

  8. #68
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    5
    ah, i should have thought of wiki.

    I still dunno what i should put for the host port though. =/
    again, any help is appreciated

  9. #69
    Quote Originally Posted by Whtny42
    ah, i should have thought of wiki.

    I still dunno what i should put for the host port though. =/
    again, any help is appreciated

    same port for both

  10. #70
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    5
    woot it works.

    Much thanks for the help!

  11. #71
    Quote Originally Posted by Whtny42
    woot it works.

    Much thanks for the help!

  12. #72
    Hello, i tried my hardest not to ask for help, just because I figured you'd be getting a bit irate about it now. But I can't help it, it's bugging me so much!

    I'm on 2.2meg and i'm only reaching torrent speeds of 10kbps, and thats at the highest!
    I'm using Azareus for Mac OS X and on testing port 6881 I recieve Nat Error.
    I use OVISLINK router, and my port forwarding details are

    http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/8690/picture23pe.jpg

    To be honest i'm not 100% sure if that's my IP, because I can't seem to find it anywhere. Thats the IP it says in system preferences though.

    Thankyou!

  13. #73
    Quote Originally Posted by cccallahan
    Hello, i tried my hardest not to ask for help, just because I figured you'd be getting a bit irate about it now. But I can't help it, it's bugging me so much!

    I'm on 2.2meg and i'm only reaching torrent speeds of 10kbps, and thats at the highest!
    I'm using Azareus for Mac OS X and on testing port 6881 I recieve Nat Error.
    I use OVISLINK router, and my port forwarding details are

    http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/8690/picture23pe.jpg

    To be honest i'm not 100% sure if that's my IP, because I can't seem to find it anywhere. Thats the IP it says in system preferences though.

    Thankyou!

    Mac Huh?...hmm I assume it works in similar fashion then ... try listing all your ports to 6881

    I also assume there is a command similar to 'ipconfig' for windows that you give you your IP,Gateway and Subnet mask...I'm clueless about MAC's but it appears you everything needed but just need to fill in the blanks with the appropriate information....source and destination should be the same ports....other than that ...hmmm


    oh...and no worries on the help...just kinda bugs when people get the help and then disappear ....again as i've posted before...stick around n stay a while

  14. #74
    thanks, im going to give that a try in a bit.
    at the moment im just using a normal modem, but when my brother comes back ill have to set the router up (eg he leaches off my internet!)

    i will stick around
    x

  15. #75
    TV Fanatic
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    1,815
    make sure your forward both TCP/UDP.
    .

  16. #76
    one more question.
    i'm on bt 2.2meg, using a speedtouch 330 ext. modem.
    using azareus.

    with a torrent from a public site like torrentspy.com i never seem to get the download going more than 20kbps, the upload goes about 30/35kbps, even with a well seeded torrent
    ( specifically, this file http://ts.searching.com/torrent/5203..._A_TUS_RELEASE )

    is this what i should expect?

  17. #77
    Quote Originally Posted by cccallahan
    one more question.
    i'm on bt 2.2meg, using a speedtouch 330 ext. modem.
    using azareus.

    with a torrent from a public site like torrentspy.com i never seem to get the download going more than 20kbps, the upload goes about 30/35kbps, even with a well seeded torrent
    ( specifically, this file http://ts.searching.com/torrent/5203..._A_TUS_RELEASE )

    is this what i should expect?
    Hard to say ... depending on seeds and so forth ... I cap my upload speed and max out the download.....just tweak whatever client you're using. If the seeds are there I get upwards of 300kbps +

  18. #78
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    1
    okay,im having problems with azureus and the nat error. im allowing port 6881 in my firewall but i still cant download with azureus or any other bittorrent client. i have an asante router but i cant figure out how to do port forwarding.

    Edit: okay, ive figured out how to do port forwarding but its still not working. ive also heard they shut down ports from 6881 to 6999, im not sure if its true but i heard it on a website. please help!!
    Last edited by cdogg; 02-08-06 at 12:46 PM.

  19. #79
    Quote Originally Posted by cdogg
    okay,im having problems with azureus and the nat error. im allowing port 6881 in my firewall but i still cant download with azureus or any other bittorrent client. i have an asante router but i cant figure out how to do port forwarding.

    Edit: okay, ive figured out how to do port forwarding but its still not working. ive also heard they shut down ports from 6881 to 6999, im not sure if its true but i heard it on a website. please help!!

    You can try any ports within the range they specified... make sure in/out ports are the same and tcp is enabled....then allow the app inside your firewall

    as i said before 6881 still works just fine for me

  20. #80
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    7
    hi, i'm a new comer in this board, i also having trouble getting connection from bitcomet and azerues (sp), I have done my port forwarding and nothing is changed, even when i use ares, i can only get a few results from my searches.

    My connection is 384k/64k and im using Prolink Hurricane 9000G Router, so if anyone here who can lend a hand then that would be much appreciate it. Thanks!!!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •