Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: " Nat error "Azureus (no firewall and no share internet connection)

I still have NAT error. I'm set up to allow TCP - what now???
    Last edited by windjaz; 12-11-05 at 12:56 PM. Reason: Needed to change message

Quote Originally Posted by windjaz
    I still have NAT error. I'm set up to allow TCP - what now???

start>run>cmd>enter

type: ipconfig (to find ip address)
    take IP add and plug that into the field inside the CP of your router.

Quote Originally Posted by Izzo
    start>run>cmd>enter

type: ipconfig (to find ip address)
    take IP add and plug that into the field inside the CP of your router.

My router already has the IP address setup. The WIKI says something about needing to create a Static IP address?? I looked at the manual but I just don't get it. Is there something simpler to do??

Quote Originally Posted by windjaz
    My router already has the IP address setup. The WIKI says something about needing to create a Static IP address?? I looked at the manual but I just don't get it. Is there something simpler to do??

that's about as simply as i can explain it .... I have no problems.

edit>> plug ip into something similar shown ...

with wireless?

I have changed my ip address before, but it was on my laptop that still runs of windows 98. My os right now is 2000 and it seems much different. Also I am connected by wireless, so I have no 'local area connection'. My current ip is 192.168.0.3. Help Please!

Quote Originally Posted by Athnyha
    I have changed my ip address before, but it was on my laptop that still runs of windows 98. My os right now is 2000 and it seems much different. Also I am connected by wireless, so I have no 'local area connection'. My current ip is 192.168.0.3. Help Please!

What's your question?

the question I had then was about how to change my ip address to one seen in a previous post. Between the time I posted and now I have figured out how to change my ip address. However, it has not done anything except boot me off the web. My question now is: how do I fix the NAT error? I've most of the previous posts, and its all techno-gibberish to me. Sorry for the trouble, and thankyou

I have a Toshiba 2500, no router, PC-Cillian by Trend Micro. I've followed numerous guides, hints, suggestions and I still get the yellow light and a NAT error. Does anyone happen to know how to get into a Toshiba 2500 like you would a router? I couldn't find any info on it and I'm not sure if I need to forward ports in this specific modem, or not... Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Athnyha
    the question I had then was about how to change my ip address to one seen in a previous post. Between the time I posted and now I have figured out how to change my ip address. However, it has not done anything except boot me off the web. My question now is: how do I fix the NAT error? I've most of the previous posts, and its all techno-gibberish to me. Sorry for the trouble, and thankyou

You've got to configure your router to allow for the traffic ....I posted a pic a few posts up ...that's about the best i can explain it ... no trouble at all ...

start>run>cmd>ipconfig> take the ip and plug that into where i've shown it and you should be good to go.

Quote Originally Posted by delimare
    I have a Toshiba 2500, no router, PC-Cillian by Trend Micro. I've followed numerous guides, hints, suggestions and I still get the yellow light and a NAT error. Does anyone happen to know how to get into a Toshiba 2500 like you would a router? I couldn't find any info on it and I'm not sure if I need to forward ports in this specific modem, or not... Thanks.

I'm not entirely sure .. but I assume then you're running a software firewall ?

try to allow the app inside the firewall or MS's security center(if running SP2)

Quote Originally Posted by Izzo
    I'm not entirely sure .. but I assume then you're running a software firewall ?

try to allow the app inside the firewall or MS's security center(if running SP2)

I dug around within PC-Cillian a bit more and added the UTorrent program to the exception list and that seemed to do it. I forgot that option was there or I would have tried it earlier

Quote Originally Posted by delimare
    I dug around within PC-Cillian a bit more and added the UTorrent program to the exception list and that seemed to do it. I forgot that option was there or I would have tried it earlier

Good luck and happy downloading .... stick around a while and have fun.

Just want to torrent

So i've read this forum like twice adn i have no idea what to do my IP adress is 192.168.0.3 and everyone says to go to the router to change it or something and i have no idea how to do that

Quote Originally Posted by brdrdude991
    So i've read this forum like twice adn i have no idea what to do my IP adress is 192.168.0.3 and everyone says to go to the router to change it or something and i have no idea how to do that

what kind of router do you have ?

router

i have a netgear wireless mr814v2 but im not connectign through the wireless
    Last edited by brdrdude991; 01-04-06 at 08:54 PM.

i have a netgear wireless mr814v2

ok ..in your manual you should have been given an IP address to manually configure your router ..look for it and enter it in to your web browser

for example 192.168.1.1 (linksys)

then go to start>run>cmd then hit enter a DOS window will open ....at the prompt type in ipconfig

youll see ip address 192.x.x.x (x=whatever yours is) subnet mask 255.x.x.x(x=whatever yours is) and default gateway 192.x.x.x(x=whatever yours is)

take note of the IP address ...then go back to your router page and look for something like Applications and Gaming or port forwarding.. )should look something like teh pic i posted above ... enter the port for whatever torrent you need (azureas uses 6881 among others) enter that in similar to above ...make sure the protocol is TCP and then where you see the IP address enter the IP you made note of and then save changes ...

let me know

ya i got all the ip adress stuff just when you say router page i have no idea where that is
    by the way thanks for all the help with eveyrone man. i just haven't reaqlly done much of this routing stuff before.

o man srry i just found it i was trying to use my ip adress to get to it but i had to use my default one i got it now thxx man

ya i got all the ip adress stuff just when you say router page i have no idea where that is
    by the way thanks for all the help with eveyrone man. i just haven't reaqlly done much of this routing stuff before.

not a problem ..did you find the ip addy for your router ?

you enter it into a web browser like you would any other web address ...instead of www.something.com you enter the IP address for the router ..(a numerical address)

gimme a minute more ill find it

Look Here