Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617

Thread: " Nat error "Azureus (no firewall and no share internet connection)

Quote Originally Posted by Izzo View Post
    do you have it as an allowed program in the firewall?
    yes sir, i do. i've heard that the windows firewall REALLY sucks, but i'm too lazy to replace it. would it be beneficial for this problem if i did?

i may have just discovered something important ... i was looking to set a static ip following the portforward.com tutorial. when i run my ipconfig command for windows, it gives me a different ip address than i get from a website like whatsmyip.com ... this scares the bejesus out of me!

thanks for you time
    Last edited by t_midd; 08-12-07 at 08:06 PM.

:s

yeah i'm having this problem since i switched from a router to a smartax MT882 modem its gay i used to have always green faces and now yellow ones.
    i have allowed norton int 2007 to allow port 6889 and am trying to gget my modem to do the same but i can't find port forwarding on this modem, used to be real easy on my router :/

In my case I tried everything that was written in these forums and ended up learning quite a bit about networking which should come in handy in the future
    After trying alot of things, I went back to original settings again to start over. Then I did three things.
    (I have a belkin wireless modem and router all in one)
    1. Went onto my iexplorer and typed in the address which brings up the setup page for the router and modem (it should be 198.168...)
    2. If you have DMZ which puts your computer outside the firewall range, go into that section on the page and type in your computers IP address. Now your computer is the only one out of the firewall of the router.
    3. Just to make sure, I disabled the router firewall which there is an option for on the setup page also.
    4. I forwarded port 65200 on both TCP and UDP.
    However, when I tried azureus again, it came up with "Firewalled" again. As a last resort, I tested a different port (65202)on azureus and it said "OK!" and I applied it.
    Now I get good speeds on all my downloads, everyone of the downloads have a smiley face!

Cabledude Avatar Fan purecomedy's Avatar
    Last edited by purecomedy; 11-10-07 at 12:26 PM. Reason: Posted in wrong thread

Why im i getting weird speeds?

Okay so i think my ports are fine but i am not sure. So how can i check what ports ineed ? and do different ports mean different speeds? Like are there better ports then some ?

My speeds go from like 70 to like 10..
    4 mb download speed on speed test.

Also on steam i get 300kbps yeah. So what is my problem ? i am trying to download company of heroes opposing fronts and its got alot of seeds but my speeds just aint stable btw i am on wireles connection but it should be fine since i could download 300kbps off steam not for torrents why?

any help is highly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Lavitz View Post
    Okay so i think my ports are fine but i am not sure. So how can i check what ports ineed ? and do different ports mean different speeds? Like are there better ports then some ?

My speeds go from like 70 to like 10..
    4 mb download speed on speed test.

Also on steam i get 300kbps yeah. So what is my problem ? i am trying to download company of heroes opposing fronts and its got alot of seeds but my speeds just aint stable btw i am on wireles connection but it should be fine since i could download 300kbps off steam not for torrents why?

any help is highly appreciated.
    What client are you using and who is your ISP? What kind of modem and router do you have?

NAT error

Please help. with NAT error in azureus. When i run the test it says: NAT Error - Connect attempt to 63.230.96.240:49515 (your computer) timed out after 20 seconds. This means your port is probably closed.
    I belive i have added the ports to my quest actiontec router and my wireless belkin router. my windows firewall is disabled. my download speeds are like 15kb/s at best. anyone that can help?

Quote Originally Posted by smalls View Post
    Please help. with NAT error in azureus. When i run the test it says: NAT Error - Connect attempt to 63.230.96.240:49515 (your computer) timed out after 20 seconds. This means your port is probably closed.
    I belive i have added the ports to my quest actiontec router and my wireless belkin router. my windows firewall is disabled. my download speeds are like 15kb/s at best. anyone that can help?
    If you have 2 routers that's your problem.....you need to disable DHCP/NAt functions on one and let the other do the work.

At&t

I've tried to set-up Azureus, BitComet and uTorrent. Firewall, router and DSL modem set to open ports, I still get the error messages. Had an on-line chat with a "tech support" rep. All she did was cut and paste from other parts of the website. But these are the parts she did cut and paste, 3 times as a matter of fact.

"As the result of a growing number of apparent security vulnerabilities, AT&T Internet Services is blocking ports in an effort to protect our networks and the security of our customers’ computers"

"AT&T Internet Services is blocking ports in an effort to protect our networks and Customers should realize they are responsible for the security of their own computers. Our network security scans and port blocking are not a substitute for protecting and patching your own computers. We recommend use of personal hardware and/or software firewalls, and we suggest that all customers install anti-virus software to scan the contents of their computers for viruses and worms."

I asked if any ports were open and she repeated the above twice.

So, anyone have any suggestions. I really don't see how a VPN is going to help.

Like everyone else Im having some funny issues with Vuze.

Im running Vista 64 Home

Ive temporarily turned off windows firewall

Opened ports 16881 UDP and UTP

I have a 10mb connection through Timewarner and my modem is a RCA
    I have no ROUTER. EDIT I LIED, I didnt mean to...hehe

I DO Have a router, if you can call it that VONAGE.

Does that help?

And heres the problem, Im downloading from 900-1 full mb and my upload is anywhere from16-30kb
    22 seeds and 25 peers currently
    BUT the smiley face is yellow and it says "the tracker is ok and your connected to peers but you dont have any remote connection. you may have a nat problem if the tracker stays yellow all the time."

And it stays yellow all the time. Am I really having a problem? Its kinda hard to tell. Ive never downloaded anything via a torrent as fast as I am now. Not that thats a indicator...I mean I could of had nat problems then too.

Could the firewall even though disabled still causing problems?
    Is zonealarm really better than WIN firewall even for Vista?

Would you guys go with AVG (which Ive read complaints about "recently" or stay with Win Defender?

Any more info you guys need to give you a idea of whats happening?
    Last edited by enderzshadow; 07-29-08 at 06:25 AM. Reason: I have a router, vonage...

Hey I am getting that same NAT error with the yellow icons and have allowed full acess thru mcafee to the required .exe programs. i am using at&t dsl elite in houston tx with a 2wire 2701HG can any one help me out or be willing to remote desktop assist me...i am somewhat tech saavy but the firewalls about as far as i go...thanks
    Last edited by aldomarco; 03-19-10 at 03:43 PM. Reason: misplaced category

Quote Originally Posted by aldomarco View Post
    Hey I am getting that same NAT error with the yellow icons and have allowed full acess thru mcafee to the required .exe programs. i am using at&t dsl elite in houston tx with a 2wire 2701HG can any one help me out or be willing to remote desktop assist me...i am somewhat tech saavy but the firewalls about as far as i go...thanks
    You may have to look for port forwarding options in the 2wire.

Wireless Router firewall

I have been having the same problems with my bittorrent and vuze and went thru all the steps that I could find online, nothing helped. While in my wireless router's information I noticed that the router itself has a firewall!! I turned this off and the problem is fixed. The router/modem that I have is the Motorolla Netopia, so if anyone else has this router and is having the same problem, try this step. It worked for me!!!