Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: " Nat error "Azureus (no firewall and no share internet connection)

Quote Originally Posted by dino32 View Post
    S.O.B!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol ok at the risk of asking you to do all the work i have just started googleing "westell 6100" and low and behold there is a page on www.portforward.com!!

at last some hope!!! lol anyway let me unplug everything and set my pc directly on the westell and see if this works.. i will keep you updated

P.s.you have no idea how angry/happy i am all at the same time... it did cross my mind once that my dsl router could be the problem and that when i did a bunch of searchs on how to fix it... but because the model is c90-610030 thats how i typed it not "6100" lol...needless to say that did me no help lol
    check the manual, if any, there should be a config address similar to 192.168.x.x ...or just call your ISP for it..... or google....

sorry for the late post i was busy all day.. ok i was able to get into the westell... the directions on portforward.com werent that acurate but they were close enough... i fount where i was able to enable nat and do the portforwarding and everything and once i did that all my lights on azureus are green (except for my share ratio but its getting there) i am so happy i finally got this running you have no idea... i still dont see people downloading from me though i have only uploaded like 125mb versus the 2+ gigs i have downloaded... and the messed up thing is i only have like 4 days left on my "evaluation" period from oink but believe me when i say that azureus will be running 247 for those 4 days lol

another question... durring my whole predicament i did down load a couple of albums on my comp every time i changed from azureus and bit tornado and utorrent... i have also reinstalled windows on my pc but i still have the files. how would i be able to upload them? im not sure you are familar with oink but they way they track your ratio is through the actual torrent... if i try to put the same torrents in my download folder and open it with azureus it just tries to d/l them again... i want to share them but i need to do it through oink so i get credit... and i cant just make a new torrent because oink will not allow you to creat a torrent for a file if one already exists... which is a good idea because if you want a album you dont have to worry about which torrent is good and since there is only that one torrent there are normally alot of seeders.... how can i get azureus to aknoweledge i already have the file so it just turns into seed mode?

also im not gonna back down on my part of the deal... you did help me and if you want and oink invite(s) let me know i will be happy to hook you up.... being that im a new member i dont have them just yet but my boss told me if i make it through the evaluation period they will throw me a couple.....so....(fingers crossed) hopefully i wont get booted and ill have a invite or 2 for ya in a couple of days

Thanks again

P.S. i'm gonna stick around on the forum too to help others with this problem...i feel like i know the process well enough. I really wish portforward or azureus were clear that not only do you need to set the ports on your router/switch but on your isp's modem (router) as well... im still new to dsl but i never thought of my modem as a router...could have saved alot of head ache lol

Cool, glad it worked out for you. Yeah, more details are necessary to update the How-to for azureus....as far as the upload thing...I just leave what I download in there and it usually works....try removing the torrent file and keep the actual fil within your azureus folder and that should work ...to be honest i d/l for than I upload

anywhoo.....this is a cool place ...most of the regs hang out in the general forum where the spamming can be fun.... let me know how the upload thing goes.

edit....to get through your trial period ..max out the upload speed (as far as you can go within your ISP/speed limit) and backdown on the downloading....

Exclamation Adsl

btw for ADSL must enabled uPnP plugin ...
    but try another client , azuresus is great but my CPU is overloaded after 1..2 days if azureus is runing. Memory used: > 200Mb LOL ... to much !!!

Easy Fix (for me, at least)

I have a Bellsouth-supplied Westell modem (C90-610030-06, current rev.), and was having what looks to be a common problem with Azureus: NAT light won't turn green, resulting in s-l-o-w downloads. After trying all the published fixes and tips for three days - to no avail, I wound up doing what I usually do 75% of the time when I have some sort of computer problem: chunking blind faith and hope at it (I am not a geek, I am not a geek, I am not...).

The deal is that you need (supposedly) to forward a port to get the thing to work properly. WRONG!! (At least in my case, and that's all I can speak to). I have the most mundane configuration of XP imaginable, with Norton Antivirus for protection. When I installed Azureus, I was asked by Norton if'n it be OK to whitelist Azureus, I said "yes," and that was it - until I started a DL, and noticed the NAT light wouldn't ever turn green.

After wading through a mountain of acronyms (99.9% of which are Greek to me), I just said "F it" and proceeded to fiddle around on my own. This is what I did, after which Azureus immediately worked perfectly, and gave me much better DL speeds:

1. Type "http://launchmodem" in the address bar and enter.

2. Click on Home Network -> Nat/Gaming -> Static Nat -> Enable.

3. Then I cussed a lot, because I wished I'd done this to begin with.

Mind you, I was able to successfully forward a port in the Bellsouth config screen, but it just didn't do the trick - i.e., I continued to get "NAT error" when doing the NAT/firewall test from within Azureus. I deleted all the port-forwarding entries I had created prior to trying the "Static Nat Enable" thing, but not the random port number I drew out of the air and applied within Azureus - don't know (but doubt) that this makes any difference.

This exercise in frustration and futility was doubled, as I went through the same thing trying to get uTorrent to work. (But I did find out that it's pronounced "microtorrent," not "you-torrent," so I feel much better.) But at any rate, uTorrent (sorry, I don't know how to scare up a "micro" character on my keyboard, and don't wanna go there) proceeded to work properly as well.

If you have Norton AV, don't mess with it at all - nothing, except to allow Azureus and/or uTorrent, or whatever. And don't tamper with *anything* else - you're liable to go nuts.

I hope this quick and easy, non-technified fix works for you if you're experiencing a similar problem. And I hope maybe it prevents you from getting into a tussle with Bellsouth CS reps and accusing them of trying to police the Internet. At least on this issue, they're not.

Merry Christmas, everybody!

Quote Originally Posted by Brief Visit View Post
    I have a Bellsouth-supplied Westell modem (C90-610030-06, current rev.), and was having what looks to be a common problem with Azureus: NAT light won't turn green, resulting in s-l-o-w downloads. After trying all the published fixes and tips for three days - to no avail, I wound up doing what I usually do 75% of the time when I have some sort of computer problem: chunking blind faith and hope at it (I am not a geek, I am not a geek, I am not...).

The deal is that you need (supposedly) to forward a port to get the thing to work properly. WRONG!! (At least in my case, and that's all I can speak to). I have the most mundane configuration of XP imaginable, with Norton Antivirus for protection. When I installed Azureus, I was asked by Norton if'n it be OK to whitelist Azureus, I said "yes," and that was it - until I started a DL, and noticed the NAT light wouldn't ever turn green.

After wading through a mountain of acronyms (99.9% of which are Greek to me), I just said "F it" and proceeded to fiddle around on my own. This is what I did, after which Azureus immediately worked perfectly, and gave me much better DL speeds:

1. Type "http://launchmodem" in the address bar and enter.

2. Click on Home Network -> Nat/Gaming -> Static Nat -> Enable.

3. Then I cussed a lot, because I wished I'd done this to begin with.

Mind you, I was able to successfully forward a port in the Bellsouth config screen, but it just didn't do the trick - i.e., I continued to get "NAT error" when doing the NAT/firewall test from within Azureus. I deleted all the port-forwarding entries I had created prior to trying the "Static Nat Enable" thing, but not the random port number I drew out of the air and applied within Azureus - don't know (but doubt) that this makes any difference.

This exercise in frustration and futility was doubled, as I went through the same thing trying to get uTorrent to work. (But I did find out that it's pronounced "microtorrent," not "you-torrent," so I feel much better.) But at any rate, uTorrent (sorry, I don't know how to scare up a "micro" character on my keyboard, and don't wanna go there) proceeded to work properly as well.

If you have Norton AV, don't mess with it at all - nothing, except to allow Azureus and/or uTorrent, or whatever. And don't tamper with *anything* else - you're liable to go nuts.

I hope this quick and easy, non-technified fix works for you if you're experiencing a similar problem. And I hope maybe it prevents you from getting into a tussle with Bellsouth CS reps and accusing them of trying to police the Internet. At least on this issue, they're not.

Merry Christmas, everybody!

Still need to forward a port or you're sacrificing security or speed.

Cool Vonage

Please... I have been killing myself for over a month. I have had nightmares of my dl speed going from 5kb to 20kb MAX. (client Azureus)

If you have VONAGE!!!!!! then that might be your culprit. If the vonage box is plugged into you cable modem- which is then going to your router...

(INTERNET) - (Cable Modem) - (VONAGE) - (ROUTER) - (Your PC)

This is what mine looked like.

Make the Vonage box a client to the router!!!!

(INTERNET) - (Cable Modem) - (ROUTER)
    | |
    | ---> your pc
    ----> vonage box

wooohoooo GREEN SMILEYSSS in Azureus

I am sorry if I am spamming but I thought it was my router. Nope. Try it, you might like it and if you dont have vonage heheh good luck!

By the way now i have dl speeds exceeding 800 kb's on a cable modem.

ok im a newbie to ports n stuff, ive tried everything on this list i dont seem to get any decent speeds like 10-15 kb im on a 10mbs connection. I have seem to have problems with this port thing, i have some q's

1, is the port number i make up or what, i have no i dea where to get them from ive tried this

2. i get natt error, ive disabled firewall my router menu is quite confusing, what doo i do in this section ?

ive checked my internet ip address seems to match up with what my router says

my router is a addon wbr 9200
    isp blueyonder uk

any ideas?

For incoming I would switcht he start and end ports around so the start si the lower number, not sure if it really matters.

Have you tried forwarding ports 6881-6889, or have you changed it to use the ones you have above? I'm not familiar with what azureus uses.

Quote Originally Posted by YARDofSTUF View Post
    For incoming I would switcht he start and end ports around so the start si the lower number, not sure if it really matters.

Have you tried forwarding ports 6881-6889, or have you changed it to use the ones you have above? I'm not familiar with what azureus uses.
    You want the port #'s to match

Quote Originally Posted by Izzo View Post
    You want the port #'s to match
    To match what though? Does azureus allow you to choose which ports it uses?

Quote Originally Posted by YARDofSTUF View Post
    To match what though? Does azureus allow you to choose which ports it uses?
    To match each other ...and yes ...as long as it's an open port ..go for it ...they suggest 65000 + ...I forget where they suggest to stop ...

edit>http://www.azureuswiki.com/index.php...is_blacklisted
    Last edited by Izzo; 12-28-06 at 09:40 AM.

i got a new problem hopfully somone can help me with , i have got ports 6881 - 6889 working my nat problem is nomore it is telling me its all good but now all my downloads speed is worse now than it was with nat error

ohh and can somone please explain how do i Disable DHT? im new to azureus and there is not a option to just disable or enable DHT
    because i got everything exactly how its supost to be but i cant get rid of the Yellow DHT Firewalled

The easiest way to handle port issues if your router supports UPnP is to turn it on and enable the plug-in or setting in your P2P app.
    She's presenting like a mandrill!

Posting in this historic thread.

Quote Originally Posted by 64bit View Post
    The easiest way to handle port issues if your router supports UPnP is to turn it on and enable the plug-in or setting in your P2P app.
    Ya, what he said .......and just make sure you have the ports the same

6881 <---Start TCP/UDP

6881 <---End TCP/UDP

Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    i got a new problem hopfully somone can help me with , i have got ports 6881 - 6889 working my nat problem is nomore it is telling me its all good but now all my downloads speed is worse now than it was with nat error

you only need one port ....not the range from 6881 to 6889

i have the start and end port at 6881, both the UPnP on router and app enabled but just cant seem to get a good speed, even have problems connecting to alot of people but if it does connect to 40+ people im still at a very low d/l speed