Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: " Nat error "Azureus (no firewall and no share internet connection)

gameboy115

" Nat error "Azureus (no firewall and no share internet connection)

Dear all,

I have a problem on setting port although i have asked in many forum, I still can not get the answer.

I am using norton antivirus, cable internet services (ISP : Rogers Canada),no router,window xp sp1. While using Azureus 2.1.04, the yellow light always turn on. And I check the port(6881-6889), it always says "nat error". I have changed the ports from 10000 to 65355, however error are still coming. For this reason, my downloading speed is very low, just 10kB/s or below.

I am sure no firewall in both ICF( internet collection firewall) or Norton's firewall are opened.

Also, I use a website below to check the port in my computer
    https://www.grc.com/x/ne.dll?bh0bkyd2

I get the result is the same. 6881-6889 are all closed.

I have no idea. Can anyone tell me how I can re-open the port by myself.

Thx ~~

try another client ??
    Crackin' skulls and breaking kneecaps.

i had same problem, just turned out that i need 2 disable windows xp firewall.
    go to start>settings>network connections>local connection>properties>advanced> and un-tick internet connection firewall. also, allow any anti virus software like Norten 2 permit your torrent client

In my experience with software firewalls (especially 3rd party) disabling them doesn't always do the trick. Uninstalling, or finding and disabling any service or vxd they start at boot time may help.

I'm not familiar with the app your having trouble with, or the ports it's uses.
    If your ports are correct then I would look into a firewall issue.
    Check your event logs too. May get lucky....

Lightbulb

I had the same problem for awhile but I finally figured out what I was doing wrong and now everything works great.

This is something that I didn't even thing about but after little trial and error I finally got it right.

First. Even if you don't have a router and are not sharing a connect you still need to foward your ports on your cable or DSL modem.

usually you can access your network setting by typing in http://192.168.1.1 This should bring up your modems interface page. if it doesn't and your modem was provided by your ISP contact them for details.

If you purchased the modem yourself check the documentation for the correct address.

After you have setup the forwards for ports 6881-6889 then close the page and this is where I ran into my problem. Do not forget to reboot your modem.

until you do that your new setting will not be active.

SG Enthusiast
    Nice subject line for this post - check out the number of views for this thread vs. number of replies - G00gle is everywhere.
    anything is possible - nothing is free

Quote Originally Posted by Blisster
    It *would* be brokeback bay if I in fact went and hung out with Skye and co (did I mention he is teh hotness?)

ARRRRGGHH... Well I also have the same problem as 'Gameboy115' but I have forwarded the ports as you can see in the router setup below, can anyone see what I am doing wrong? There is no firewall enabled (windows or otherwise) so I am really at a dead end with this. Any help would be appreciated.

I've tried using pot 6881 and 6882 and neither work with azureus

TV Fanatic
    There's your problem, you need to forward those ports put they need to be TCP, not UDP.

Success!!

As it turned out I needed to forward 2 ports.. TCP and UDP and now it works fine

Diff between TCP and UDP?

Hi all,

I am having the same problem and have done all that was suggested, at least to the best of my knowledge (which is limited, to be sure). Anyway, I am still getting NAT errors...no matter whether I am forwarding my ports 6881- 6999 in TCP or UDP or both. Just was wondering what the difference was, out of curiosity...and if anyone could tell me if I was doing anything wrong.

Here is the info gleaned off of my router site:

Application Start End Protocol IP Address Enable

IIS 80 80 TCP 192.168.1.100 Yes
    wow 6881 6999 Both 192.168.1.110 Yes
    wow 3724 3724 TCP 192.168.1.110 Yes
    wow 6112 6112 TCP 192.168.1.110 Yes

Any help for this novice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

TV Fanatic
    go to run, type cmd, then type ipconfig. what does the ip say? if it is different then 192.168.1.110? if it is then you need to change the router so its set on that IP address in ipconfig.

Thanks mucho...got it working now!

I Need Help

I've followed everything and its still not workin. I'm running Zone Alarm, and I have it able to access internet and be a server and everything, but I don't know if I need to allow it to access the ports. Here is a page of the router stuff, just to make sure that I did it right:

http://tinypic.com/view/?pic=70urrd
    Last edited by P4l4din Hub73r; 07-11-05 at 01:05 AM.

TV Fanatic
    All I can think of is:
    In Azureus go to tools, options, connections. Is the port there 6881?

Are you sure 192.168.1.101 is your IP address, follow the steps above to find out your LAN ip address.

yeah, thats my ip, so i'm as lost as u

Quote Originally Posted by Aamazing
    Hi all,

I am having the same problem and have done all that was suggested, at least to the best of my knowledge (which is limited, to be sure). Anyway, I am still getting NAT errors...no matter whether I am forwarding my ports 6881- 6999 in TCP or UDP or both. Just was wondering what the difference was, out of curiosity...and if anyone could tell me if I was doing anything wrong.

Here is the info gleaned off of my router site:

Application Start End Protocol IP Address Enable

IIS 80 80 TCP 192.168.1.100 Yes
    wow 6881 6999 Both 192.168.1.110 Yes
    wow 3724 3724 TCP 192.168.1.110 Yes
    wow 6112 6112 TCP 192.168.1.110 Yes

Any help for this novice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

TCP Is a peer to peer protocol that contains controls and checks on the packets ect ect... Say my computer sent a packet to your computer then your computer would say back to mine either "Hey I got the packet okay, or hey I didn't get the packet.

UDP is just a broadcast protocol and doesn't contain the same checks. Once something get's sent that's it.

That being said with some routers you often have to extend the range of the forward. Say you wanted to forward port 80 to whatever computer. Sometimes you need for forward the range 79-81. It really depends on the router.
    Respect it.

plz help

err my ip address thingy is 192.168.0.1
    wut do i do???

FYI,
    In my case, the problem was my firewall settings. You might want to check that before you bang your head against the wall too much.

I recently downloaded Azureus and ran into the 6881-6889 NAT error problem so I googled online to find out how to resolve the problem and was led here. When I tried to follow the outlined steps for port forwarding, I couldn't find the option for port forwarding on the modem anywhere, all I could find was port filtering but based on additional online information I've concluded that filtering and forwarding are two quite different operations. Am I right?

I'm on a high speed wireless network built with proxim wireless router connected to a DSL modem.

I just realized that what I accessed online was the router itself not the modem! So that would explain why I can't find the port forwarding option, right? I don't know much about the details of the network because it was built by someone else in my family who's not home right now and I'm a bit impatient.

Hey, this came in handy today