Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: The Camaro returns...

Quote Originally Posted by YeOldeStonecat
    Heh, foes for life! In a good sense!

I just got chuckle out of Chevy saying "Me too!"

Good move on their part. Let Ford try the waters with a retro and see how it moves. If it's good and eating up your market, get the show on the road. If it flops, well adjust fire and move on.
    Simply run adaware, spybot, ZoneAlarm, HijackThis, AVG, update windows daily, have a router, don't open e-mail, turn off action scripting, don't use P2P networks, don't violate EULAs, and wear a condom to get Windows secured.

People say Linux is alot of work!

Quote Originally Posted by mshu7
    For all those that are judging the looks...

This is one guy's rendering of what he thinks it will look like. This didn't come from GM's artists so don't go getting your panties in a bunch. I highly doubt this sketch looks even close to what the real Camaro will look like.

And for the guy who said the new Vette sucked and the new Rustang looks good? Are you kidding me? The C6 will kick some major ass. I mean, the thing has 400hp and still manages to get 18mpg in the city and 28mpg on the highway (w/6spd manual tranny). And if that's not enough, wait till the Z06 version comes out.

The new Mustang might be a hit for the first couple years but lets face it, the retro thing is getting old and Ford is a little late in the game with the retro design. There's nothing wrong with mixing in some design ques from previous generations, but damn, this is a little extreme. Where are they going to go with the next redesign of the Mustang? Are they just going to keep recycling past generation designs or what?
    I agree on the Vettes, they are badass. However, your bias is obvious. If you think that FORD is late getting in the retro game, why are we seeing production Mustangs on the highway and concept drawings of a retro camaro in 2005, that should hit the streets in 07? Seems to me that Chevy is the one that sees a part of the market slipping and is playing catch up. Their last few series of Camaro has sucked (sales prove it). Ford has been eating thier lunch. They stepped back, thought about it, and decided that they need to follow suit to get back in the game and get their share back. What better time to go retro than an anniversary year? Perfect.. As long as they capture the past properly, this thing will soar.

It's not a bad thing. I'm neutral either way. I like Mustangs and Camaros (as long as they are both late 60's types ). The new ones really don't do much for me. The New Mustang has hit it off though. Good styling ot get back to the REAL mustangs and I think they did an OK job. I love the front end of the new ones, the rear could use some work IMHO. Don't think they catpured the rear as well as they could have. The front of the GT's is dead on with the round fog lights.

There is a reason they call those cars CLASSIC.. The lines, the power, the mystique are what made them legend. Since we have had like 30 years of "nothing close" it's refreshing to see these carmakers get back to their roots. These two models have been off base for so long, it's not funny.

If all they ever did was rehash the greats, they would be doing well, but I doubt they would ever get it just right without just restoring the old bodies wth bleeding edge drivetrains and interiors.

It's a matter of taste. I know that there folks that love one and hate the other, but let's be realistic and objective when discussing this topic.
    Simply run adaware, spybot, ZoneAlarm, HijackThis, AVG, update windows daily, have a router, don't open e-mail, turn off action scripting, don't use P2P networks, don't violate EULAs, and wear a condom to get Windows secured.

People say Linux is alot of work!