Thread: Outlook 2002 vs Outlook Express problem

Unhappy Outlook 2002 vs Outlook Express problem

I recently purchased a Dell Axim X30 PPC which came with and recommended installing Outlook 2002. I have had Outlook Express and used it problem free for many years. I synchronized them to transfer all the info I have gathered over the years. I am hesitant to delete Outlook Express till I check that all the personal notes, info and such bits have also been synched. Which will be a time consuming job I have not finished, given years of added in info. The PROBLEM is Outlook 2002 is not recieving my mail, it only goes to Outllook Express and MSN messenger which I long ago applied a synch option. Even when I do a test from within Outlook 2002 it goes to Outlook Express. Sorry about the length of this diatribe, I hate typing. But I needed you to know exactly what is going on and that I am not entirely stupid
    When I examine myself and my methods of thought, I come to the conclusion that the gift of fantasy has meant more to me than my talent for absorbing positive knowledge. - Albert Einstein -

Is Outlook set at your default mail client? (via Internet Options)
    No one has any right to force data on you
    and command you to believe it or else.
    If it is not true for you, it isn't true.

LRH

Somewhere along the shoreline in New England
    What do you mean by the "synch option"...

Outlook can import mail and mail settings from Outlook Express. Once done, you set Outlook as your default e-mail program. It will not delete/remove any of your information from Outlook Express...it's all be there. Outlook Express keeps your info in .dbx files, and the address book as a .wab file. Outlook keeps your mail and contacts in a .pst file, and depending upon the option it's setup using, an address book in a .pab or oab file.

Do your mail settings show up in Outlook properties? POP and SMTP server info, account info?
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!

Yes it is set as default and yes all the settings are correct as far smtp and pop still emails only go to express. I just not sure all my address info has been transfered. If I delete Outlook Express and it still doesn't work can I get it back intact. As far as the synch option, I don't remember where I found it but, you can set outlook emails to also show up in msn messenger
    When I examine myself and my methods of thought, I come to the conclusion that the gift of fantasy has meant more to me than my talent for absorbing positive knowledge. - Albert Einstein -

Somewhere along the shoreline in New England
    Quote Originally Posted by Sag2734
    If I delete Outlook Express and it still doesn't work can I get it back intact
    You don't have to, or want to for that matter, "delete" outlook express.

Do you have Outlook Express open when you try to open Outlook and test it? Just leave OE shut down, don't open it. Leave Outlook open and "send/receive" a few times.
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!

Tried that, emails still only go to express

I tried hitting send/recieve in outlook 2002, and my emails showedup. Is this the only way to recieve emails in O2002

By default, outlook doesn't pull down your email from the server automatically.. Search around in the outlook options and you should be able to find the settings for automatically "sending/receiving".. I have mine set to manual so I only check mail when I click "send/receive" but it does it automatically as well if you set it up that way.
    "Nobody's invincible, no plan is foolproof, We all must meet our moment of truth." - Guru

For outlook 2000 you go to tools, options, and then the "mail delivery" tab. Then you can set it up to auto-send and check for mail every so many minuit's. Not sure if it's the same for outlook 2002.
    I don't know the same things you don't know.