Thread: Points

Question Points

How can you improve the points a computer is already putting out folding? I see to turn out alot of WU's, but not near the points I imagined.

overclock it, don't run anything CPU intensive, make sure it is prime 95 stable.

run the SSE comand, i'm sure someone will be here soon to tell you how to do that, i suk at the instuctions.
    4930K@4.3~32GBGskill~asusX79deluxe~r9-280x~240GB-SSD-OS drive~500GB-SSD-scratch~240GB-SSD-thrash~2TB storage~Windows 7 pro
    *~ SG stats ~my stats

To add the SSE command, go into the registry, where you set it all to run as a service, and in the key where you put '-service', put a space then '-forceSSE' ....

....so that line looks like this ---> -service -forceSSE

Sounds like your getting a lot of "early ends".

When you send what you've finished in you only get partial credit for the finished work. If the work unit is worth 100 points finished and you had an early end after frame 44, then you would get credited for 44 points and not the 100 points a total work unit was worth.

Early ends provide some information to Stanford also, and sometimes it's a case of where the molcule has grown unstable and can't be folded any longer, this too tells Stanford that that particular path is probably a dead end for folding and they can concentrate someplace else.

Tks
    Rick
    Prostate Cancer survivor, too late for me with a cure, but maybe I can help save others just like me. Wife brest cancer. Cured.

Not sure I follow you Rick. Is there a way I can tweak my settings to get better results point wise?

1. If possible make it a dedicated folding pc, don't play games on it, don't run other programs. Not usually possible, but it's the number one thing that would slow your pc down.

2. Do NOT use a screen saver. Instead goto your video settings for screen saver and in settings set it up to turn your monitor off after a certain time limit, I use 15 minutes. (I also turn my monitor power off when I'm not using it as it is the biggest drain on power)

3. Use the console (no nonsence) version of F@H.

4. Limit the automatic updates to be as far apart as you feel comfortable with like for your Windows Update and virus scanner.

5. Run as few background programs as you can get away with, even some of the programs that Windows starts up automatically can be stopped without any harm.

Hope this helps.

Tks
    Rick
    Prostate Cancer survivor, too late for me with a cure, but maybe I can help save others just like me. Wife brest cancer. Cured.

Although it's used for other purposes it still isnt enough to slow it down as much as I thought it would be slowed down regarding getting points. Oh well it's no biggee. Thanks for the info.