Thread: DSL Disconnects

ixoye

Question DSL Disconnects

Oh great DSL guru (that's you dannjr). I keep getting disconnected from my DSL. I can be checking email, opening a webpage, or especially when attempting to download something (size doesn't matter). This tends to render my DSL useless. Are there any settings I can tweak that will help to resolve this problem? Any ideas as to what else can cause this problem?

Thanks.

thelarster

Thumbs down

You should contact you ISP b/c you may be losing synch with your ISP's network. If this is so, the problem lies with them and there are no settings that you can change. I work in DSL tech support and I see this quite a bit. Most of the time it is on the ISP side.

thelarster

Thumbs down

You should contact you ISP b/c you may be losing synch with your ISP's network. If this is so, the problem lies with them and there are no settings that you can change. I work in DSL tech support and I see this quite a bit. Most of the time it is on the ISP side.

glc1

There should be a sync light on ur modem. Is it on when u have this prob? R u using PPPoE? Who is ur ISP?

dannjr

Or try to put a BS IP address to your network card if you havent already this would only apply to a PPPoE connection not sure about static... That usually takes care of half the problems on a PPPoE connect

So open the network nieghborhood look for the TCP/IP for your adapter and assign it a number [example 169.254.0.0] and go from there you may be having a real bad sync if thats the case they may have to recondition your line and that can be like pulling nails

The other thing to look into is your network card make sure the driver is up to date if you find a new driver pull the network card out of the Device manager and re-install it with the new driver after you restart you can also try this without the new driver..

Well I hoped this helped you didn't give me allot to work with OS type of DSL that stuff can really help esp. with something like this

Good luck

Originally posted by thelarster: