Thread: Increase Icon size in the Task bar

Increase Icon size in the Task bar

Is there a way or setting that one can increase the Icon size in the links and task bar? I have Win ME with IE6 and will soon be going to XP. I know about the customze feature for the top tool bar, it's in place.

I'm getting a 19" Flat pannel and the suggestion resolution is 1280x1024. I'm at 1024x768 on my CRT. Of course the tool bars will get smaller. I tried it on my CRT and they are to small. My close up vision isn't that great so that is why I would like to find a way. I'll see but using the lower setting on the flat panel might not be as clear and sharp for general viewing. I'm looking for ideas in advance.

Thanks,

reeo

Blog Entries
    Hi reeo

I think what you want to do can be done by putting your cursor on an empty spot to the right of the Start Button on the Taskbar and Right Clicking on it. You may have to fiddle to find the spot. A menu will Popup and go to View...It will expand and you will see Large Icons & Small Icons...simply Tick the Large.

Hope that helps

regards

minir

Thanks,

All I show is, show small icons in start menu. That box I keep unchecked because it would be to small. Was that your reference? I have no options on task bar icons, just different options on tool bars, and icon size or tool bar size isn't one of them.

reeo

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by reeo
    Thanks,

All I show is, show small icons in start menu. That box I keep unchecked because it would be to small. Was that your reference? I have no options on task bar icons, just different options on tool bars, and icon size or tool bar size isn't one of them.

reeo
    -----

Hi reeo

You shouldn't get into any trouble here, but its always a good idea to backup first.

Then try this
    =============

Right-click on an empty area of your Desktop, then choose Properties from the context menu, then click on the Appearance tab.

Here you might find that your current "Scheme" is Windows Standard.

By clicking on the down arrow to the right of those words, you can see other choices.

Try, for example, "Windows Standard(Large)" or even "Windows Standard (Extra Large)".

Try a couple to see if that helps?

--------

Under " Item " below "Scheme"

Click on the Drop-down Menu to the right and go to " Icon "

To the Right of that you'll see Size. Note your present Size ( eg. 32 ) and them Go Up a few to see what that does for you.

Other than that i am lost.

Sorry if this doesn't work, perhaps someone else has an answer for you.

----

Good Luck

minir

I'm using win 2k with active desktop enabled. If I right click on an empty space on my task bar a popup menu will appear. At the top of the menu is a view option, selecting that gets me a Large icons, small icons choice. I also have a view large icons option under the effects tab in video properties in control panel. I'm using the old style control panel. Hope that helps.
    I don't know the same things you don't know.