Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kerry would be the richest ever if elected

Kerry would be the richest ever if elected

June 28, 2004 -- Democrat John Kerry's wife, Teresa, is a billionaire and if he's elected president, they'd be the richest family ever to live in the White House, a new report says.
    Mrs. Kerry is worth between $900 million and a staggering $3.2 billion, a Los Angeles Times analysis found and several experts told the paper that $1 billion is a conservative estimate for her fortune.

That's double the past figures given for her deep pockets, and it makes the Kerrys at least 100 times richer than President Bush and wife Laura, whose net worth is estimated at $13 million.

The Kerrys are also several times wealthier than the richest modern president and his wife John F. and Jacqueline Kennedy who were worth $124 million in current dollars.

It's impossible to know the exact net worth of ketchup heiress Teresa Heinz Kerry who inherited the money when her first husband, Sen. John Heinz (R-Pa.), died in a plane crash because she has refused to disclose it.

"This report should bring a lot more pressure for full disclosure of what she's worth and where the holdings are," said Larry Noble of the Center for Responsive Politics, a nonpartisan watchdog group.

"Given how big her holdings are, it's hard to see how they could avoid conflict-of-interest questions in anything a Kerry administration does. And the public has a right to know if she's taking advantage of tax shelters."

The Los Angeles Times estimated Mrs. Kerry's wealth by analyzing her husband's Senate disclosures (which provide only vague ranges), probate documents, Securities and Exchange Commission filings and other records.

The Kerry campaign didn't respond to multiple requests for comment about her wealth yesterday. The L.A. Times said Mrs. Kerry refused to answer written questions about it, either.

All other candidates for national office and their spouses over the past three decades have disclosed tax returns and answered questions about holdings.

Last month, Mrs. Kerry released documents saying her 2003 income was $5.1 million, although some doubted whether that was even enough to cover the Kerrys' lifestyle.

She owns a $12 million waterfront Nantucket home, a $6 million 23-room mansion in Washington's tony Georgetown, an $8 million ski chalet near Sun Valley, Idaho, a $14 million estate on 90 acres outside Pittsburgh and a $12.8 million mansion in Boston's Beacon Hill.

She also has a $35 million Gulfstream V jet complete with plasma TV, gold fixtures and two bathrooms. Sen. Kerry has a yacht, the Scaramouche, worth $750,000 to $1 million, and an $8,000 mountain bike.

Federal law bars Mrs. Kerry from directly donating more than $2,000 to her husband's campaign, but her wealth kept his candidacy alive last December, when contributions dried up because he trailed way behind then-front-runner Howard Dean.

Do you really think someone with that much money will know or understand what it is like to be in the poor and middle class? Mayor Bloomberg of NYC is a rich billionaire..and I can testify he hasnt shown a clue...so unless you are rich I wouldnt vote for Kerry.

It's a bit like pinching pennies IMO. Anyone who is a millionaire already is in a financial class that makes them an extreme minority.

Hmmm ketchup or big oil, I wonder which one is more corrupt????
    My son ... ask for thyself another internet connection, for that which I leave is too slow for thee

SG Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghosthunter
    Do you really think someone with that much money will know or understand what it is like to be in the poor and middle class?
    About as much as George Bush does I guess.

No Blood for Ketchup!
    Tao_Jones Cult Member since 2004
    I gave Miss Manners a Dirty Sanchez, and she LIKED it.

no. no, No. NO, NO... NO! stevebakh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Snuf
    About as much as George Bush does I guess.
    Exactly what I was going to say

yeah but Bush is poor compared to Kerry

Everyone on this board with all our wealth combined, are poor when compared to either.......

So what's your point?

Nevermind.....it's not a point, it's an agenda.....We've got that part figured out.
    The tools of conquest do not necessarily come with bombs and explosions and fallout. There are weapons that are simply thoughts, attitudes, and prejudices to be found only in the minds of men. For the record, prejudices can kill and suspicion can destroy and a thoughtless, frightened search for a scapegoat has a fallout all of its own for the children and the children yet unborn and the pity of it is that these things cannot be confined to the Twilight Zone.

Quote Originally Posted by downhill
    Everyone on this board with all our wealth combined, are poor to either.......

So what's your point?

Nevermind.....it's not a point, it's an agenda.....We've got that part figured out.

My agenda is to make sure Kerry loses..and Bush wins

My agenda is to make sure Kerry loses..and Bush wins

Really? So why are you wasting time on a board made up of people from all over the world, and quite a few youngin's who can't vote?

I'm sure you've changed a lot of minds here...

Get off your kester and join up with your local Republican party election commitee....

Being proactive in a real community, is what advances your party.....not posting rhetoric on a message board..lol
    The tools of conquest do not necessarily come with bombs and explosions and fallout. There are weapons that are simply thoughts, attitudes, and prejudices to be found only in the minds of men. For the record, prejudices can kill and suspicion can destroy and a thoughtless, frightened search for a scapegoat has a fallout all of its own for the children and the children yet unborn and the pity of it is that these things cannot be confined to the Twilight Zone.

Quote Originally Posted by downhill
    Really? So why are you wasting time on a board made up of people from all over the world, and quite a few youngin's who can't vote?

I'm sure you've changed a lot of minds here...

Get off your kester and join up with your local Republican party election commitee....

Being proactive in a real community, is what advances your party.....not posting rhetoric on a message board..lol

more diversity the better

hey if someone who is not even a regular poster can come here and make a drive-by post about getting people to sign a ban on gay marriage...why not..lol

no. no, No. NO, NO... NO! stevebakh's Avatar
    It doesn't matter if Bush is poor in comparison to kerry. The fact is that he's still stupidly rich and won't have any more of a clue as to what it's like to be poor, than Kerry would.

Quote Originally Posted by stevebakh
    It doesn't matter if Bush is poor in comparison to kerry. The fact is that he's still stupidly rich and won't have any more of a clue as to what it's like to be poor, than Kerry would.
    I disagree...

I dont care who is richer, but how much more they will take away from me whomever is elected.

Quote Originally Posted by brembo
    No Blood for Ketchup!

Stupidity is also a gift of God, but one mustn't misuse it. - JP II

Quote Originally Posted by lefty04530
    I dont care who is richer, but how much more they will take away from me whomever is elected.

Kerry of course...so vote for Bush =)

I think the main point here is that it does not matter which of these two are elected - we get the same person either way.

Quote Originally Posted by waferdog
    I think the main point here is that it does not matter which of these two are elected - we get the same person either way.

your right so may as well stick with Bush =)

your right so may as well stick with Bush =)
    why? We've given him 4 years to prove he deserves another 4. IMO he hadn't proven anything and hasn't produced any signifigant results. SO we were attacked, perfect opportunity for him to shine. He hasn't.
    Next.

So now we give kerry a shot. if in 4 years he hasn't done much to prove his worthiness, we vote him out and get someone else in.

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Abbey
    A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government.

Quote Originally Posted by schlurpee
    Hmmm ketchup or big oil, I wonder which one is more corrupt????
    quoted for truth.

you know Saudi Arabi has big interests in the Ketchup and condiments industry

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Abbey
    A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government.