Thread: GMail invite to anyone who can help me solve this problem...(and also apprecieation!!

GMail invite to anyone who can help me solve this problem...(and also apprecieation!!

Im going nuts here. I have a user on our network (server 2000, Exchange 2003) whose emails are all time-stamped incorrectly. Only the recipient sees the wrong timestamp, on her machine everything is okay.
    So if she sends me an email at 2:55pm in her sent items folder it is stamped correctly, but in my inbox it is stamped as 1:55 PM. This also affects meeting and task invitations as well. I'm going crazy here, installed sp3 for Outlook XP, the BIOS time is correctly, the PDC and the Exchange servers time is correct, her system time is correct, what could be causeing this problem.
    Help please, I want to solve this before I go home tonight!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Abbey
    A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government.

You check the timezone on the servers/client?
    Have your feelings been hurt by a random act of E-Thuggery? If so, call 1-800-Waaaaahmbulance, we're here 24 hrs a day, 7 days a week, to take your call, you could be due a large monetary settlement, don't delay, call now.

"Please be careful prior to entering the world wide web, the internet is serious business"

ya

In a dry but moldy New Orleans, Louisiana
    Uncheck the "Automatically adjust clock for daylight saving changes" time box, reset the clock, reboot and try sending an email then.

Something went FUBAR in her PC when the time changed. I had that happen to me once with backups not starting at the right time even though the clocks were set right.

If that works, try checking off the box again, reset the clock, reboot and send another email.
    Sliding down the banister of life ..........................

SG Elite
    Scan for spyware? Doesn't some spyware screw up windows time?

well, turns out that it was due to the time zones not being properly set in BOTH windows and in Outlook. The Big issue was however, that resetting the time zone settings shifted all of her calendar appointments by one hour (and she had like 250 some odd appointsments on the calendar!

So the solution was to export her calendar into a Tabbed values file, not a .pst, then make the time zone adjustments, and then re-import the calendar from the tabbed values file. The only drawback is that all "recurring' appointments become un-linked and are treated as single instance appointments.

Thanks for the suggestions people!

Glad that you were able to work it out.................now Pony up b!tch!!!!
    Have your feelings been hurt by a random act of E-Thuggery? If so, call 1-800-Waaaaahmbulance, we're here 24 hrs a day, 7 days a week, to take your call, you could be due a large monetary settlement, don't delay, call now.

"Please be careful prior to entering the world wide web, the internet is serious business"

Blog Entries
    And whoever gets an invite... I can use one as well

Quote Originally Posted by Philip
    And whoever gets an invite... I can use one as well

I'll hook you up with one of mine Philly boy
    Quote Originally Posted by The Devil
    Tolerance is a virtue, not a requirement.
    SG Theme Song

prey, PM me your email addy

Thanks Bliss, you ROCK!!!!

Hey Prey hook me up when you can ! =)