Thread: Overclocking the 2500 on the new shuttles.

Overclocking the 2500 on the new shuttles.

Hey guys, I just got the version 2 of a shuttle cube. the SN41G2 V2. This is the one that has the Nforce 2 chipset. Now we all know that the barton 2500 cpu's are really just underclocked 2800's. and you can easily overclock any 2500 to a 2800 on regular systems with no problems. However, everyone I've talked to has been unable to overclock these on the shuttle cubes. But now I'm thinking that since this new cube is out... maybe it's possible.
    The new shuttle has a 250watt PS instead of the old 200watt. The lack of power seemed to be the bottleneck for overclocking the cpu in the past. So I guess my question is, has anyone tried overclocking a 2500 to a 2800 in a shuttle and been successful?
    Thanx for any help or comments.
    -scott
    She looked at you and she said to your face it's over
    -Mest

Smidley, you should no problem OCing that 2500. You may even reach 3200 speeds and never even touch the vcore. Chances are you will. Move the fsb to 200 in increments of five. Hell I would just move it to 200 , but thats just me. Good luck and have fun with your Shuttle adventures.

Certified SG Addict
    Honestly, I'd avoid overclocking in a Shuttle cube or any other SFF.

deleted_acct
    Dont do it with the shuttle but that is one bad chip, the 2400,2500,2600 are great oc'in chips, especially the mobile chips.

so one person says to do it, and then two people say to not do it.... hmmmm.....
    She looked at you and she said to your face it's over
    -Mest

Up to you really. I OCed in a Shuttle without issue. But then I cut out fan gaurds to allow for more airflow. Very easy to do if you have a dremel.

Certified SG Addict
    It's not a matter of overclockability in a Shuttle, it's the fact that increased heat from the CPU will "spill over" to the other components in the system that aren't actively cooled. It may not be bad, but even with the heatpipe and the perforated side panels, the heat levels inside a SFF case are much higher than in an equally-ventilated ATX case. If you don't mind it, go for it. Just something to keep in mind.

deleted_acct
    Quote Originally Posted by Burke
    It's not a matter of overclockability in a Shuttle, it's the fact that increased heat from the CPU will "spill over" to the other components in the system that aren't actively cooled. It may not be bad, but even with the heatpipe and the perforated side panels, the heat levels inside a SFF case are much higher than in an equally-ventilated ATX case. If you don't mind it, go for it. Just something to keep in mind.
    Spoken Greatly!