Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BFV crashing to desk top (non ATI related)

Quote Originally Posted by UOD
    You guys need to tackle this problem by removing everything outside of your computers....like routers/wifi WAPS.....etc. You need to break this down to the lowest common denominator. Just because your external appliance never caused a problem before don't mean shiiit with htis game. Disable EVERY piece of software or service that may be running in the background...like AV apps. software firewalls, IM clients.......take it all down. Make sure you have followed all the advice found right here on SG to disable all unnecessary services.

When you have done that......let us know. I have a very funny feeling that some of you may be able to get this game up and running with no problems.
    listen to this man, he speaks the truth, if you wanna track down the problem, gotta start with a clean slate, and if it connects, then turn stuff on one thing at a time and try again until you find the thing that is stopping you from working

to me all these troubles sound like it is a problem with BFV, it sounds very buggy to me, the game itself, very sensative
    "Would you mind not standing on my chest, my hats on fire." - The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by IRS
    I had the same thing happen to me today, the problem was I figured I would add some mp3's to the music folder in the game then it wouldn't load..... just booted me to desktop...... removed the mp3's and presto, all is good.

so what format do the songs need to be in?? I know it does not like mp3.

UOD is right eliminate all possible causes then and only then start putting things back and testing after each thing is installed.
    According to the manual....it's says MP3.

Now what type of MP3 is the question....like MP3 or MP3 Pro....what bitrate does it support? Encoded with what application? You are putting them in the right folder? It's the "My Music" folder in the root of BFV. It also says only the first 26 songs are accessible.

Also, how are your MP3's named? Try renaming them to just one short word.

...formerly the omnipotent UOD

Quote Originally Posted by Brent
    listen to this man, he speaks the truth, if you wanna track down the problem, gotta start with a clean slate, and if it connects, then turn stuff on one thing at a time and try again until you find the thing that is stopping you from working

to me all these troubles sound like it is a problem with BFV, it sounds very buggy to me, the game itself, very sensative

I totally agree...I think BFV is a very fun game, but it is one of the buggiest games I have ever played and very dissappointed with EA...they usually do a much better job

BTW I tried searching EA forums and tons of people having issues so not just us two..i sort of gave up for a while..because i been too busy playing CoH for now

Quote Originally Posted by UOD
    You guys need to tackle this problem by removing everything outside of your computers....like routers/wifi WAPS.....etc. You need to break this down to the lowest common denominator. Just because your external appliance never caused a problem before don't mean shiiit with htis game. Disable EVERY piece of software or service that may be running in the background...like AV apps. software firewalls, IM clients.......take it all down. Make sure you have followed all the advice found right here on SG to disable all unnecessary services.

When you have done that......let us know. I have a very funny feeling that some of you may be able to get this game up and running with no problems.

The only thing i have not done is remove the router..everything else is done..because this is my game machine and i dont load anything that is not needed.

I might try the router idea sometime this weekend and let you know

Quote Originally Posted by Mutch
    Heres the solution. Same thing was happening to me..

You have to lower the refresh rate on your monitor.. Go get reforce if you dont already have it.

lower to what?

What about LCD's?

What are you now running at?

lower refesh why? what did you lower to?

Quote Originally Posted by Mutch
    Heres the solution. Same thing was happening to me..

You have to lower the refresh rate on your monitor.. Go get reforce if you dont already have it.

Hello....McFly....anybody in there?

Look up above.

Lower to what?

Im not to sure lowering your refreshrate is the problem. BFV- wont run any higher than 85hz All cards on the market today support that frequency. And I dont see your monitor crashing your computer to the desktop due to an overly high refreshrate. I think the only thing that would come out as a problem if your refresh rate was higher than your monitor allowed would be artifacts not belonging to the game. I.E. Tearing, Weird Pixels etc etc. Then the allmighty clue would be smoke plumes gushing out of your monitor. Do what UOD has suggested. Disable everything you possibly can. then start turning them on one by one till it happens again. Ive even heard your sound card cant create problems such as those you list. Try turning down your channels/quality abit. or updateing every single driver you possibly are allowed.