Thread: something wrong with the forum?

Jen's Best Friend RoscoPColtrane's Avatar

something wrong with the forum?

Anyone having this problem? I seem to have to refresh once to view pages on the forum. it just started today and after i got a virus that my antivirus picked up. I also noticed that i have a "DSO exploit" when running spybot, nothing with adaware tho...

Its being a pain in the arse! It seems like the page stops loading about the time where normally the privacy eye will come up when it normally loads..i hit refresh and the page will load after the eye pops up...

Im confused and its kinda ticking me off....

any ideas?

thanks

jbkm
    ****************************************************************************************
    Abit NF7-S 2.0, Barton 2500+ @ 2.2 Ghz, 2 Gig ddr3200, 80gig Seagate HDD, ATI x850 PRO @ 550/600, WinXP Pro

J B K M

Pittsburgh Steelers Super Bowl XL Champions!!!!!

Oh and ill remove that dso exploit and then run spybot two seconds later and its back....any idea on removing that or what the heck it is? it resides in the registry i know that much...
    ****************************************************************************************
    Abit NF7-S 2.0, Barton 2500+ @ 2.2 Ghz, 2 Gig ddr3200, 80gig Seagate HDD, ATI x850 PRO @ 550/600, WinXP Pro

J B K M

Quote Originally Posted by JBKM
    Anyone having this problem? I seem to have to refresh once to view pages on the forum.
    jbkm
    Mines been doing it today also ....
    Network Engineer for Linux/Windows/Netware servers and connectivity for remotes sites via VPN in Roanoke, VA.

Folding Thunder
    Maybe it's me since i just came by to say hi, the server's been gaggin Looks like it doesn't like my oc'ed rig.

R.I.P. 2017-10-02 Joint Chiefs of Staff's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LT-73
    Maybe it's me since i just came by to say hi, the server's been gaggin Looks like it doesn't like my oc'ed rig.

After your last over clocking experience we thought you learned your lesson. *shrug*

>>Cult Master of International Affairs<<

Folding Thunder
    Quote Originally Posted by Joint Chiefs of Staff
    After your last over clocking experience we thought you learned your lesson. *shrug*

Hey jcos, nice pic of my dead rig

R.I.P. 2017-10-02 Joint Chiefs of Staff's Avatar
    >>Cult Master of International Affairs<<

Not his rig... No sledge-o-matic

Folding Thunder
    LOL sid. I gave up the sledge for a custom made Prometiea

LOL sid. I gave up the sledge for a custom made Prometiea
    Pics... We want freakin pics! and pics of this OC babe

So other people are having the same problem? Then its not on my end...thats good. Anyone know anything about that dso thing?

J B K M

Kewl i found a fix online about that dso thing. Ran the fix and reran spybot...its gone!!

J B K M

Quote Originally Posted by JBKM
    Kewl i found a fix online about that dso thing. Ran the fix and reran spybot...its gone!!

Do you have a link?

I am manually editing the reg right now... its working. After deleting the key in reg I rerun spybot and the entry is missing... but a link would help others that are not to comfortable editing the reg!

TIA.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Devil
    Tolerance is a virtue, not a requirement.
    SG Theme Song

good idea, i wasn't too sure if this was a comon problem. Anyway here is the link http://www.wilders.org/downloads.htm go down and look for dsostop2 its only like 46k so thats kewl. I clicked on it followed the directions and then tried to do the spybot and nothing showed up! Probobly alot easier for most that are afraid to do the regedit.

Btw im still having to refresh like crazy,especially after posting... how about everyone else?

J B K M

here is the link http://www.wilders.org/downloads.htm go down after adaware and its called dsostop2 its only 46k in size. Hope this helps, it worked great for me, clicked on it and no more spybot picking up that problem! Btw anyone having problems with refreshing still? I had to post this twice now...kinda getting on my nerves!!

J B K M

MAN now it double posted....see what i mean?!

J B K M

The Servr seems to be runnin better for me today ...

I just don't understand so many people still getting virus' and these exploits ... I never get them , The 2 times in the past 8 yrs that I've owned a PC and been online that I caught one NAV caught it right away and deleted it ...

Running spy bot and Adware once a month I come up with about 3-4 listings of Spyware/Adware stuff a month.
    Network Engineer for Linux/Windows/Netware servers and connectivity for remotes sites via VPN in Roanoke, VA.

What are you running for firewall, and antivirus? Im using my router as firewall and avg for antivirus...it may not be as good as norton or something but its FREE!! I usually don't get viruses or ad aware unless im d/ling stuff that may or may not be legal....in this case it was legal b/c i was d/ling an emulator for a system that i own!

J B K M