Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Marriage Radio Special

Marriage Radio Special

KAXF, 88.3 FM TO AIR 'THE BATTLE FOR MARRIAGE' RADIO SPECIAL TOMORROW EVENING
    PROGRAM FEATURES DR. JAMES DOBSON, TED HAGGARD, TONY PERKINS, WELLINGTON BOONE, AND CHUCK COLSON

KAXF, 88.3 FM will air The Battle for Marriage, tomorrow (Sunday) evening, May 23.
    The broadcast will feature. . .

Dr. James Dobson, Chairman of Focus on the Family
    Ted Haggard, President of the National Association of Evangelicals
    Tony Perkins, President of Family Research Council
    Wellington Boone, President of Fellowship of International Churches and
    Chuck Colson, President of Prison Fellowship
    The Battle for Marriage will air at 7 pm Central time, 8 pm Eastern time, 6 pm Mountain time, and 5 pm Pacific time.
    Share this information with others at Sunday School and Church. They can hear the special broadcast on KAXF, 88.3 FM. The broadcast can also be heard on the Internet at AFR.net.

I hope you will tune in this special broadcast and learn the dangers of homosexual marriage and the destruction of Godís divine plan for marriage.

Sincerely,

Don

Donald E. Wildmon, Founder and Chairman
    American Family Association

P.S. Please forward this email to at least one friend.

Last edited by Paft; 05-22-04 at 02:39 PM. Reason: Deleted.

Eh, whatever I really don't care enough about the issue either way.
    Respect it.

Quote Originally Posted by saved
    KAXF, 88.3 FM TO AIR 'THE BATTLE FOR MARRIAGE' RADIO SPECIAL TOMORROW EVENING
    PROGRAM FEATURES DR. JAMES DOBSON, TED HAGGARD, TONY PERKINS, WELLINGTON BOONE, AND CHUCK COLSON

KAXF, 88.3 FM will air The Battle for Marriage, tomorrow (Sunday) evening, May 23.
    The broadcast will feature. . .

Dr. James Dobson, Chairman of Focus on the Family
    Ted Haggard, President of the National Association of Evangelicals
    Tony Perkins, President of Family Research Council
    Wellington Boone, President of Fellowship of International Churches and
    Chuck Colson, President of Prison Fellowship
    The Battle for Marriage will air at 7 pm Central time, 8 pm Eastern time, 6 pm Mountain time, and 5 pm Pacific time.
    Share this information with others at Sunday School and Church. They can hear the special broadcast on KAXF, 88.3 FM. The broadcast can also be heard on the Internet at AFR.net.

I hope you will tune in this special broadcast and learn the dangers of homosexual marriage and the destruction of Godís divine plan for marriage.

Sincerely,

Don

Donald E. Wildmon, Founder and Chairman
    American Family Association

P.S. Please forward this email to at least one friend.

hey thanks saved, i gotta see if i can get this over the internet.....streamed.

again thanks

TL

disabled account
    Saved,

Aside from Bible verses, can you explain for all here how homosexual marriage is threat?

thank you,
    david
    I want to learn more and more to see as beautiful what is necessary in things; then I shall be one of those who make things beautiful. Amor fati: let that be my love henceforth! I do not want to wage war against what is ugly. I do not want to accuse; I do not even want to accuse those who accuse. Looking away shall be my only negation. And all in all and on the whole: some day I wish to be only a Yes-sayer.

Quote Originally Posted by nepenthe
    Saved,

Aside from Bible verses, can you explain for all here how homosexual marriage is threat?

thank you,
    david

If it can be copy and pasted probably not...

Stupidity is also a gift of God, but one mustn't misuse it. - JP II

Saved,

thank you,
    david
    Hello David,
    because it stands against the God of creation, but I assume that is not what you were referring to. In the secular mind I would suppose that it holds no threat. As a matter of fact it actually opens the door for someone else to live out their own sexual desires no matter how unnatural or deviant they may be. I do not think that anyone has to be a genius to understand that two people of the same sex were not meant to be engaged in any type of union. Even those who deny God and claim evolution, if honest, would have to admit that same sex unions brings an end to civilization since procreation can only take place when there is opposite sexes.
    There is no question that we now live in a difficult world. Each person wanting to live their life as they see fit and claiming that as long as their actions do not directly affect someone else there is nothing that should be of a threat to anyone else. However our actions do effect others even when others are not directly touched by those actions. We can see this with aids. There are those who engage in free sex at their own will and timing. However because someone else practiced this lifestyle the next person is at risk of getting aids. In the case of homosexual marriage it is just another simptom of a society running headlong into distruction. We are seeing one of the highest divorce rates in the history of this country, children who are so confuses and angry that they murder other children and even their own parents. Some might say that homosexual marriage is not the cause, but the truth is that anytime a people turns from moral values for the society and claims individual rights no matter how immoral the actions of another is does nothing but confuse the minds of the next generation to the point that the society falls. This is what we are seeing today. Homosexual marriages are just one more nail in the coffin along with abortion rights and other immoral activities that many people have adopted.

Hello David,
    because it stands against the God of creation, but I assume that is not what you were referring to. In the secular mind I would suppose that it holds no threat. As a matter of fact it actually opens the door for someone else to live out their own sexual desires no matter how unnatural or deviant they may be. I do not think that anyone has to be a genius to understand that two people of the same sex were not meant to be engaged in any type of union. Even those who deny God and claim evolution, if honest, would have to admit that same sex unions brings an end to civilization since procreation can only take place when there is opposite sexes.
    There is no question that we now live in a difficult world. Each person wanting to live their life as they see fit and claiming that as long as their actions do not directly affect someone else there is nothing that should be of a threat to anyone else. However our actions do effect others even when others are not directly touched by those actions. We can see this with aids. There are those who engage in free sex at their own will and timing. However because someone else practiced this lifestyle the next person is at risk of getting aids. In the case of homosexual marriage it is just another simptom of a society running headlong into distruction. We are seeing one of the highest divorce rates in the history of this country, children who are so confuses and angry that they murder other children and even their own parents. Some might say that homosexual marriage is not the cause, but the truth is that anytime a people turns from moral values for the society and claims individual rights no matter how immoral the actions of another is does nothing but confuse the minds of the next generation to the point that the society falls. This is what we are seeing today. Homosexual marriages are just one more nail in the coffin along with abortion rights and other immoral activities that many people have adopted.

glad you answered but you never explained what gay marriage is a threat too...im failing to see if ted and billy or linda and jane from down the street get married what part of life they are threating?

nice reply saved

just another piece lost in the moral fabric.....at least thats how i took your post.

and thats "....how homosexual marrige is a threat?" as was asked.

hmmmm....."cut and paste".......chuckles........time for crow.......chuckles.....

Mississauga, Ontario , Canada. Behaviour : Good
    Homesexuals are gay! (snickers)

Humor cures all, even bad ones.

In a dry but moldy New Orleans, Louisiana
    ......Even those who deny God and claim evolution, if honest, would have to admit that same sex unions brings an end to civilization since procreation can only take place when there is opposite sexes......
    That is one of the most absurd things, I've read in a long time regarding the ban on gay marriage. You are assuming that once it's allowed, every human being on the planet will all of a sudden turn gay.

Gay people will be gay if they are allowed to marry or not. Straight people will be straight whether gay people can get married or not.

I think that once they are allowed to marry, it may actually lessen promiscuity, because they have made a life long commitment to each other.

Of course this doesn't apply to all couples gay or straight, but a very large amount of people never have sex with another person, other then thier wives or husbands for the rest of thier lives.

And I don't think homosexuality is right either. I just can't imagine bending over and being on the receiving end of **** sex. But just because I don't think something is right, doesn't mean that I should make every other person on this planet live by my standards.

I still feel that we should leave consenting adults alone in what they do in the privacy of thier own homes.
    Sliding down the banister of life ..........................

Quote Originally Posted by RoundEye
    I still feel that we should leave consenting adults alone in what they do in the privacy of thier own homes.

im with roundeye im not gay but damn leave people alone to live their lives along as they are consenting adults thats the beuaty of free will

not sure how what bob and ted or even dan and jane do in their bedrooms impacts my life...people where killing, stealing, and being in general very bad people way before all the attention to gay marriage...

look at the majority of Saved's posts they are cut and paste from either the bible or fundamentalist articles.....

And as far as the sanctity of marriage....straight folks made a mockery of that long before this issue by creating a 50% divorce rate

disabled account
    Hello David,

Saved,

Thank you for the reply.
    Alas, you have not provided me with any evidence that homosexual unions are any threat. It is certainly no threat to procreation since heterosexuals are producing offspring at a prodigious pace. As far as being an affront to the "moral fabric" of our culture, it genuinely is not. Any damage to our culture would be derived in our curiousity in that which differs from the perceived norm. I would think that more viewers identify with James Gandolfini than Hal Sparks. Who's character is more of a threat? If you wish to argue that it is our acceptance of sin, then you have more important front to attack than homosexual marriage, for that is a self limiting and minor issue.
    I cannot argue that the proliferation of AIDS in North America had occurred significantly in the gay community. However this was not related to their sexual preference, rather it was their promiscuity. It would behoove our culture to laud gays who would choose monogamy.

david
    I want to learn more and more to see as beautiful what is necessary in things; then I shall be one of those who make things beautiful. Amor fati: let that be my love henceforth! I do not want to wage war against what is ugly. I do not want to accuse; I do not even want to accuse those who accuse. Looking away shall be my only negation. And all in all and on the whole: some day I wish to be only a Yes-sayer.

disabled account
    Quote Originally Posted by tao_jones
    And as far as the sanctity of marriage....straight folks made a mockery of that long before this issue by creating a 50% divorce rate
    This is an excellent point.

Saved,

Thank you for the reply.
    Alas, you have not provided me with any evidence that homosexual unions are any threat. It is certainly no threat to procreation since heterosexuals are producing offspring at a prodigious pace. As far as being an affront to the "moral fabric" of our culture, it genuinely is not. Any damage to our culture would be derived in our curiousity in that which differs from the perceived norm. I would think that more viewers identify with James Gandolfini than Hal Sparks. Who's character is more of a threat? If you wish to argue that it is our acceptance of sin, then you have more important front to attack than homosexual marriage, for that is a self limiting and minor issue.
    I cannot argue that the proliferation of AIDS in North America had occurred significantly in the gay community. However this was not related to their sexual preference, rather it was their promiscuity. It would behoove our culture to laud gays who would choose monogamy.

david
    David,
    thank you for sharing your thoughts. We certainly do see things from different perspectives. I would suggest that you listen to the broadcast and perhaps hear some other points. Thanks again for your thoughts.

disabled account
    David,
    thank you for sharing your thoughts. We certainly do see things from different perspectives. I would suggest that you listen to the broadcast and perhaps hear some other points. Thanks again for your thoughts.
    Likewise, saved .

Ok....I'm convinced....I'm NEVER getting my prostrate checked again...I wouldn't want to be tempted to swing to the dark side....

Thanks for saving me.

Quote Originally Posted by downhill
    Ok....I'm convinced....I'm NEVER getting my prostrate checked again...I wouldn't want to be tempted to swing to the dark side....

Thanks for saving me.

if your enjoying it so much that your thinking about becoming a switch hitter, then maybe you should stop.

you do know it's only like once every other year you get it checked, not every week DH.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Lurker
    if your enjoying it so much that your thinking about becoming a switch hitter, then maybe you should stop.

you do know it's only like once every other year you get it checked, not every week DH.
    It was.......sarcasism.........I always find these type of threads....ummm...homophobic...not enlighting...

But then that's me. I'd rather take the whole of the New Testament other than search the whole bible for select passages that justifies singling others who aren't like me, out....

Sorry if that ruffles any feathers...

I'd also love to point out that this subject has been beat to death here....