Thread: Online churches...

Certified SG Addict

Online churches...

Takes away from the entire purpose of fellowship I think

linkages
    She's presenting like a mandrill!

Certified SG Addict
    No links, I just hear them discuss it on the radio

Well I agree. One of the main points of religion i thought is gathering with yo peeps and throwin down for the lord and you really cant do that being a Eparishioner
    She's presenting like a mandrill!

Can't be worse then the last church I attended. The wonderful loving christians stopped talking to me and shunned me becasue my partner isn't a christian in name.

However, I have faith in god and christ, not in any particular church, so I simply don't attend there anymore. Many a person who's gone before me has lost faith as a result of such shennanigans.

How can any kind of fellowship be worse than that I wonder?
    Australian Regular Army and proud of it.

Certified SG Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by vinnie
    Can't be worse then the last church I attended. The wonderful loving christians stopped talking to me and shunned me becasue my partner isn't a christian in name.

However, I have faith in god and christ, not in any particular church, so I simply don't attend there anymore. Many a person who's gone before me has lost faith as a result of such shennanigans.

How can any kind of fellowship be worse than that I wonder?
    Your "partner"? A "Christian in name"? And God and Christ should be capitalized...

Quote Originally Posted by Burke
    Your "partner"? A "Christian in name"? And God and Christ should be capitalized...
    No, I'm not having sex with them, it's okay. They believe in christ and in god, pray often and live a suitable life, that's christian enough for me. God and christ will be capitalised when and where I so desire- for example at the start of a sentence. My faith is in no way related to the capitalisation of names and titles.

But of course, you're entitled to say otherwise and all the non believers will point at you and laugh merrily at christians. Tommorow the sun will still rise, I'll still have my faith and you can be content in the knowledge that you stomped all over a faithful person because they didn't capitalise god and christ when you saw fit. God would be proud of you

Certified SG Addict
    No, I'm not having sex with them, it's okay. They believe in christ and in god, pray often and live a suitable life, that's christian enough for me. God and christ will be capitalised when and where I so desire- for example at the start of a sentence. My faith is in no way related to the capitalisation of names and titles.

But of course, you're entitled to say otherwise and all the non believers will point at you and laugh merrily at christians. Tommorow the sun will still rise, I'll still have my faith and you can be content in the knowledge that you stomped all over a faithful person because they didn't capitalise god and christ when you saw fit. God would be proud of you
    Hostile much? You act as if I am attacking your faith because of my questions and statements. The two quotations were vague. I was asking for clarification.

New Testament Christianity, to the letter, period. Anything else is useless.

Capitalization is out of reverence to God. And the sun may not rise.

I happen to be for online churches, religion is basically a good thing, but religion doesn't make people quit church, people do. I would say most churches are plagued with part-time christians. These hypocritical although rightly intentioned are by far the most Vile of God's creatures. In this way, I am for an online chuch it allows for communion with fellow believers without the sickening piety and pompousness that so often pollute and disenfranchise its members.I do have a christian belief system, but do not consider myself a christian, I am honest enough with myself to know that I have issues with the church going community and my own veiws on commitment and truth which is why I don't go to church but have considered going to an online one.
    It came upon a midnight clear up my nose

I totally agree.

Hostile much? You act as if I am attacking your faith because of my questions and statements. The two quotations were vague. I was asking for clarification.

New Testament Christianity, to the letter, period. Anything else is useless.

Capitalization is out of reverence to God. And the sun may not rise.
    Where does it say in the 'letter' of the new testament that I need capitalise god or christ? Correct me if I'm wrong, but Ancient Hebrew doesn't have capitals. They don't even have vowels like english, shld w typ lk ths nd tlk bt gd nd chrst lk ths?

Correct me too if I'm wrong on this, but given god created the sun and associated paraphenalia, would not it be logical that as long as isn't interested in another course of action that doesn't involve humanity, the earth will continue to rotate and so too will the sun continue to go through fusion and resulting the sun rise? I've got faith that god would let us know before he alters this process.

Vague? I don't get much in the way of vagueness there. What do you think partner means? That's I'm currently have vigourous **** sex with my uncle or something?

Anyhow, you've made your point, well done, now everyone thinks better of christians... right? Surely, it's not like the general masses could look down on us much more than they already do

For the most part I agree. Obviously IMO any kind of church attendance is better then nothing, but they do miss alot by not being there in person.

dont listen to him..for someone who preaches grammar about God so much he uses a lot of foul language to express himself....hmm makes a lot of sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Roody
    For the most part I agree. Obviously IMO any kind of church attendance is better then nothing, but they do miss alot by not being there in person.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

God would be proud of you

That's funny Vin because I say that to allot of people including myself at times.
    I'm not an advocate of the online church concept myself.
    I think the Bible does say that wherever people gather in my name I'll be there. Something along those lines.
    Either way who am I to judge?

I love this thread

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Abbey
    A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government.

Sure why not. I don't go to church, so for others like me maybe they'll pay a visit online....

I found an article that Satan goes to online churches:

http://www.cnn.com/2004/TECH/interne....ap/index.html

i also find the name of the church kind of funny:

Church of Fools

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosthunter

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Abbey
    A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosthunter

I guess the devil comes in many forms including virtual ones.