Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I don't understand...

your system clock is saying 100Mhz but you have your BIOS set at 133Mhz...
    hmmm. I would check that RAM make sure you have the right modules cause it sounds like the RAM is clocking it self down cause it is not meant for 133Mhz....

I might be wrong, but if you have all your settings for 133Mhz that is what it should be running as long as the hardware permits...

EDIT

Cho open your box and take your RAM out and see what it is (pc2100,2700,3200) ... it should also tell you how fast it is (100Mhz,133Mhz,166Mhz,200Mhz)
    Last edited by J-high; 05-16-04 at 12:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by J-high
    Sludge there is no jumper on the MoBo ,The FSB is controlled by the BIOS...
    but you can clear the CMOS from a jumper without having to remove the battery...
    Actually this board DOES have a jumper for it ( the Dlx does anyway ) , One setting locks it to 200 Mhz , the other gives you a range of 266-333-400 ...

Have you tried everything at factory default ?

Instead of having the Multi manually and mem to menu , set and the Ram with manual speeds , Hit the Factory Default speeds with Optimal performance setting ( then you can raise only the FSB if you want ) and see what the system see's as the hardwares settings ?
    Network Engineer for Linux/Windows/Netware servers and connectivity for remotes sites via VPN in Roanoke, VA.

OK my bad,, there is a jumper on there almost directly under the CPU must have overlooked it when building this pc probably cause it was set right in the first place... he could check that and make sure it is on jumpers 1 and 2, and not set to 2 and 3. why somebody would mess with that jumper i dont know...

Quote Originally Posted by J-high
    your system clock is saying 100Mhz but you have your BIOS set at 133Mhz...
    hmmm. I would check that RAM make sure you have the right modules cause it sounds like the RAM is clocking it self down cause it is not meant for 133Mhz....
    If this were true overclocking would be impossible.

There is always a manual over ride. If he is setting it right the SPD on the memory wont matter.

I don't have personal experience with that specific board like you guys do, but I do know there should be some type of hardware over ride.
    Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.6GHz on Water | 8GB DDR2 | 2x 74GB Raptor RAID0 | 250GB Storage | P5E | 2900XT @ 850 Core | DVD-RW | 2x 24" Widescreen LCD | Saitek Eclipse | Logitech G5

Right now I am at my dads so I can't do anything tonight.

Tomorrow when I get home in the morning, I'll go back to sleep, then I will get up and open my tower.

I can't remember the specific specs of my RAM, but I'll check that tomorrow. I do know I have one stick 512 Micron ( I can't remember which type though, that is what I will check).

My computer use to run at 133 Mhz I know that for a fact.

I am pretty sure the jumper is set 1-2 and not 2-3. I ( actually my friend and I) did move the jumper from 1-2 to 2-3 to whipe the cmos but after that we put it back on 1-2.
    Before we pop the cmos we took out the battery like a my mobo manual told us.

I'll let you guys know how it goes tomorrow morning/afternoon.
    "There is a big difference between breaking the law and having a law designed to break you. We will not be broken." -- Jinny Simms

"On the street everything is legal! I don't believe in an eye for an eye, I believe in 2 eyes for an eye." -- Bas Rutten

Quote Originally Posted by *cho*
    I am pretty sure the jumper is set 1-2 and not 2-3. I ( actually my friend and I) did move the jumper from 1-2 to 2-3 to whipe the cmos but after that we put it back on 1-2.
    Before we pop the cmos we took out the battery like a my mobo manual told us.
    Cmos Clear and the FSB Freq are a seperate Jumpers ....

If you still have the book look on Page 21 #5 .. The jumper is right beside the North Bridge

As long as your friend that borrowed it dind't change it then it should still be at 1-2 ...

Good luck man
    Network Engineer for Linux/Windows/Netware servers and connectivity for remotes sites via VPN in Roanoke, VA.

Ok, I got another quick question. It the manual it says to momentarily place the CLRTC1 jumper from 1-2 to 2-3 ( to clear cmos) after removing the battery of course. What if it wasn't mementarily, say anywhere from 15 secs to 5 hours, would anything happen? Or do they just say momentarily so people like me wouldn't be standing over there tower watching their wrist watch saying, so how long are we suppose to keep it like this?

I would say when we clear my cmos we only had it on 2-3 for 5 seconds.

**edit** I know this not the jumper you guys have been telling me to check, this is something I previously delt with and am just curious.
    "There is a big difference between breaking the law and having a law designed to break you. We will not be broken." -- Jinny Simms

"On the street everything is legal! I don't believe in an eye for an eye, I believe in 2 eyes for an eye." -- Bas Rutten

Alright...everything is A-Ok

D/l Asus_update and the Goog used that re-flash my bios with the same Bios file. Then he pretty much changed Cpu External Freq to 166 MHz.

The Bios/mobo recognized my Cpu as Amd 1700 ( it was initially recognizing it as 1100) and now it is back to running at 133 Mhz

Thanks everyone for all the help.