Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: To All you AVG Fans

Quote Originally Posted by Rainbow
    What do you work for them?

Sorry I dont share your views

lol

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post

There are idiots everywhere.

At work, in forums, in poetry classes, everywhere!

Quote Originally Posted by KingPing011
    I wish that I was talking to some people that knew about virus protection. To simply put it, AVG, is among the best antivirus programs on the market. AVG FREE edition far exceeds Norton, McAfee, Panda, etc. and to discuss the items being found and not being found during a virus scan (I will use norton as the example). AVG finds viruses because it is an antivirus program and in turn uses far less resources than norton. As you know different antivirus programs give viruses different names and I have noticed the norton will label some things as spyware and will register it to have found multiple items, avg however finds it as a virus (lick it is suppose to) and will label the entire folder or file as one virus, thus making it look like avg did not find as much as norton; FALSE. If you look the deffinition of a computer virus you will find that it is labed as such because it replicates, norton labels half of the items it finds as spyware when infact it replicates as a virus would do. Norton labels these items completely wrong. AVG puts norton and mcafee to shame and I would I have a computer repair shop and put AVG on every machine that come through the door and have hand 3 customers not like it out of over 3000 thus far.
    I wish I was talking to someone who could spell...

"lick it is suppose to"
    "deffinition"
    "labed"
    "infact"
    AVG puts norton and mcafee to shame and "I would I have" a computer repair shop

If you are as knowledgable about anti-virus as you are as good of a speller, I feel sorry for your customers...

yeah, he must work for them...

Quote Originally Posted by ghettoside
    I wish I was talking to someone who could spell...

"lick it is suppose to"
    "deffinition"
    "labed"
    "infact"
    AVG puts norton and mcafee to shame and "I would I have" a computer repair shop

If you are as knowledgable about anti-virus as you are as good of a speller, I feel sorry for your customers...

yeah, he must work for them...
    See that is what is wrong with people; they are more concerned with the spelling of words rather than paying attention to the content of the material in the conveyed message. I do not work for them but I know and use and see many different antivirus programs everyday so I know what does what. Please realize that this is my opinion and I am sharing it because of my experience. Next time you reply to a message please reply to the message itself and not to the imperfections of words. It makes you come across as being defensive if you stoop down to correcting grammar instead of relaying back your own opinion.

Somewhere along the shoreline in New England
    http://www.av-comparatives.org/
    Just middle of the road performance there too.

That place is an excellent, independent, non-biased, "real world testing" site.

I used to like AVG with version 6..but since 7..it's just not kept up with other better ones like Kapersky and NOD32. I see it all the time...many many times over. For a free one...Avast and even Anti-Vir do better.
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!

Certified SG Addict
    See that is what is wrong with people; they are more concerned with the spelling of words rather than paying attention to the content of the material in the conveyed message. I do not work for them but I know and use and see many different antivirus programs everyday so I know what does what. Please realize that this is my opinion and I am sharing it because of my experience. Next time you reply to a message please reply to the message itself and not to the imperfections of words. It makes you come across as being defensive if you stoop down to correcting grammar instead of relaying back your own opinion.
    Let's cut through the bull here.

First, you're a new member and the first thing you do is resurrect a thread that's nearly two years old? The words "ulterior motive" are flashing in my brain in 60-foot high neon letters.

Second, you immediately launch into condescension: "I wish that I was talking to some people that knew about virus protection", as if a) you were involved in the original discussion, and b) as if you're annoyed at having to discuss the merits of your preferred virus protection with us (even though you're the initiator of the thread bump). You're acting like you're on some PC n00b website where no one has deployed anti-virus software beyond our grandma's eMachine. Now, those same 60-foot high neon letters are surrounding a giant, digitized picture of Cliff Clavin.

So, if you're not employed by AVG in some fashion and are just trying to extol the merits of AVG, then you're doing a poor P.R. job for it and I hope AVG never hires you to promote their products.

The FACT is, many people here use AVG already -- but others use NOD32 or Norton or Avast or Panda or BitDefender, all because they find it WORKS BETTER FOR THEIR NEEDS. Swooping in here out of nowhere to push AVG in an unfriendly and combative fashion is not only going to make people not WANT to use it, but completely overshadows any of the positive aspects of the program.

You start a post flaming our SG members. Not only that, but you resurrect an old thread. SG is full of a lot of very knowledgable folks, imho some of the most knowledgable on the internet. And you're a new member to boot. Nice way to join the forum, start out insulting our fine SG members.

"Please realize that this is my opinion and I am sharing it because of my experience. Next time you reply to a message please reply to the message itself and not to the imperfections of words. It makes you come across as being defensive if you stoop down to correcting grammar instead of relaying back your own opinion."

eat me, you suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Burke
    Let's cut through the bull here.

First, you're a new member and the first thing you do is resurrect a thread that's nearly two years old? The words "ulterior motive" are flashing in my brain in 60-foot high neon letters.

Second, you immediately launch into condescension: "I wish that I was talking to some people that knew about virus protection", as if a) you were involved in the original discussion, and b) as if you're annoyed at having to discuss the merits of your preferred virus protection with us (even though you're the initiator of the thread bump). You're acting like you're on some PC n00b website where no one has deployed anti-virus software beyond our grandma's eMachine. Now, those same 60-foot high neon letters are surrounding a giant, digitized picture of Cliff Clavin.

So, if you're not employed by AVG in some fashion and are just trying to extol the merits of AVG, then you're doing a poor P.R. job for it and I hope AVG never hires you to promote their products.

The FACT is, many people here use AVG already -- but others use NOD32 or Norton or Avast or Panda or BitDefender, all because they find it WORKS BETTER FOR THEIR NEEDS. Swooping in here out of nowhere to push AVG in an unfriendly and combative fashion is not only going to make people not WANT to use it, but completely overshadows any of the positive aspects of the program.

right on Burke

Quote Originally Posted by ghettoside

eat me, you suck.

I wish that I was talking to some people that knew about virus protection. AVG puts norton and mcafee to shame and I would I have a computer repair shop and put AVG on every machine that come through the door and have hand 3 customers not like it out of over 3000 thus far.
    3000 huh?
    where's your website, I'd like to take a look at it. I'm being open minded. Maybe i'll learn something.

I doubt that though...

AVG is not god dude. Its a decent free scanner that is slowly getting more bloated and becoming a resource hog/PITA. The average user is happy with anything that looks like its working. Girsoft needs to redo their scanner because its current one is at the end of its life.

Also, your grammar and attitude that we read affect our opinions...