Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No BFV For Me Anymore...

No BFV For Me Anymore...

Until a patch is released. Hopefully that will fix my pausing problems. I was just on the server with Indy and Lansens and it was really choppy with just us three. Even typing it was choppy. Im going back to playing BF and DC. At least that's playable and no chop.

R.I.P. 2017-10-02 Joint Chiefs of Staff's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Illini25
    Until a patch is released. Hopefully that will fix my pausing problems. I was just on the server with Indy and Lansens and it was really choppy with just us three. Even typing it was choppy. Im going back to playing BF and DC. At least that's playable and no chop.

They (EA) need a patch and soon or else we're gonna lose some kick ass players.
    >>Cult Master of International Affairs<<

Quote Originally Posted by Joint Chiefs of Staff

They (EA) need a patch and soon or else we're gonna lose some kick ass players.
    Im not what you would call a kick ass player, but I could definitely hold my own in BF / DC or any other game I play...except for BFV. It just not any fun with my probs.

Im not what you would call a kick ass player, but I could definitely hold my own in BF / DC or any other game I play...except for BFV. It just not any fun with my probs.
    We'll hold a spot for you when you return. You can count on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Joint Chiefs of Staff
    We'll hold a spot for you when you return. You can count on that.

Ahhh...Thanks JCOS! I'd give you some rep points, but It says I need to spread it around some more

Ahhh...Thanks JCOS! I'd give you some rep points, but It says I need to spread it around some more
    lol

Thanks for the thought. Here's some for you.

Mississauga, Ontario , Canada. Behaviour : Good
    I hope they release a patch where they make me play better...

I mean I've got soo much to gripe about.. (grrr)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal
    I hope they release a patch where they make me play better...

I mean I've got soo much to gripe about.. (grrr)
    Lol, you and your hiding behind trees waiting for me to put the helo down so you can TNT me...
    ------
    “The most beautiful thing we can experience in life is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: for his eyes are closed.” - Albert Einstein

Mississauga, Ontario , Canada. Behaviour : Good
    Quote Originally Posted by Indy
    Lol, you and your hiding behind trees waiting for me to put the helo down so you can TNT me...
    the grass is useless... I thought I'm well hidden away but nooo! I was just lying on the ground... useless!!!

I can hide in the bush then I can't see nada! Foda...

Somewhere along the shoreline in New England
    the grass is useless... I thought I'm well hidden away but nooo! I was just lying on the ground... useless!!!

Sure the grass is usefull...I've had enemy guys run right past me...practically trip over me.

And in the bush...there's a sweet spot you have to play with, so you're just barely sticking out enough to see, but not sticking out so far as to be seen easily.
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!

Blog Entries

It's only useless when trying to hide from aircraft
    ------
    “The most beautiful thing we can experience in life is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: for his eyes are closed.” - Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by YeOldeStonecat
    Sure the grass is usefull...I've had enemy guys run right past me...practically trip over me.

absolutely! that's the key to sniping for any period of time..... stealth. i have had enemy infantry run within 5 feet of me, had tanks or other vehicles come within a foot or two of running me over.... kinda nerve racking, really.

find some cover. grass or bushes.... even just up against a tree or in a group of trees. you need to break up your outline with ground cover.

also, don;t hang out in one spot for too long. eventually, it will become obvious where you are (or the general area you are in). what i do is pick off a couple enemies, then move to a different spot. pick off a couple more, then move again. the only time i don;t keep moving around is when i am sniping at a VERY long distance. like last night on Lang Vei, i made 2 kills at 300+ meters (this accoring to the distance to the flag tag when you press the "Q" key). i couldn;t even see the enemy..... just their weapons flash.
    "Today is a black day in the history of mankind."

- Leo Szilard

And in the bush...there's a sweet spot you have to play with, so you're just barely sticking out enough to see, but not sticking out so far as to be seen easily.
    Yes sir, I love the frass and low hanging trees. Sniper cover. A gunnysac(sp??) would be nice in this game.
    Crackin' skulls and breaking kneecaps.

Quote Originally Posted by Faust
    absolutely! that's the key to sniping for any period of time..... stealth. i have had enemy infantry run within 5 feet of me, had tanks or other vehicles come within a foot or two of running me over.... kinda nerve racking, really.

find some cover. grass or bushes.... even just up against a tree or in a group of trees. you need to break up your outline with ground cover.

also, don;t hang out in one spot for too long. eventually, it will become obvious where you are (or the general area you are in). what i do is pick off a couple enemies, then move to a different spot. pick off a couple more, then move again. the only time i don;t keep moving around is when i am sniping at a VERY long distance. like last night on Lang Vei, i made 2 kills at 300+ meters (this accoring to the distance to the flag tag when you press the "Q" key). i couldn;t even see the enemy..... just their weapons flash.

and ... ... and btw did I mention ?
    Network Engineer for Linux/Windows/Netware servers and connectivity for remotes sites via VPN in Roanoke, VA.

This thread sure changed directions didnt it?

Oh that is such BS....I ran your skinny little ass over today when you were trying to use "stealth & cover" to hide on Landing Zone Albany
    Up at the elbow base....you were trying to hide in the row of bushes next to the little shack. You thought I was going to go for the flag but Cheap Charlie know GI inside and out....he know better than GI because it is his yard...his rice paddy.

...formerly the omnipotent UOD

play EoD in the ninjaserve server, im in there alot....lots of tards but quite a few good vets in there too
    Member - Redneck Yacht Club

I know how you feel, I have not played it, I did try instlaling my laptop and it worked fine as far as nto crashing but it just ran horrible and could not take it.

So I am waiting out for a patch unfortunately by then I am too far hooked into UT2K4 for now

This thread sure changed directions didnt it?

How so?
    "There is a big difference between breaking the law and having a law designed to break you. We will not be broken." -- Jinny Simms

"On the street everything is legal! I don't believe in an eye for an eye, I believe in 2 eyes for an eye." -- Bas Rutten

Hearing all you guys talk about how awesome BFV is, except for the people with problems in it, makes me definitely want to get my comp pretty soon for gaming usage. Even if it's better for me to wait for all the new 64-bit stuff, I really wanna join you guys in your sniping and dogfights. I can't wait...
    You played the Song of Storms!