Thread: Lego Case??? Hmmm...

Cool Lego Case??? Hmmm...

Hey i'm so cheap that i decided to make my own new case out of lego, and so far so good.
    I have finished one of the "legs" and i'm gonna have a total of five "legs", each one with an 80mm red led fan in it. It looks real cool in the dark and i'm still working on the body. The fans fit perfectly once u get one of the lego squares done, Then i will drill holes in the lego parts so that the wires won't be showing.
    Of course i will superglue all the lego pieces toguether once i figure out how the parts will go toguether... I will have pics once i'm done... so you guys just let me know wut yall think of this idea ... (I Will be providing a link to pics) Oh and is there a way to post pics on this thing?... if so ow do u do it?

Sounds interesting enough if you can make it happen. Definitely interested in seeing it as it progresses. As for adding pics you can get a Premium Membership through SG and they will give you 5 MB of space.

That does sound interesting, can't wait to see some pics. Like mentioned above if you want to upload your files here you will need to pay for a premium membership. Your second option would be to use webspace if your ISP provides any. And I could host your images if you wanted. Just send me a PM and I'll reply back with my email address.

Thumbs up

Yeah i still have to buy a hole buncha lego parts...lol... so so much for this project being inexpensive. :P
    Yah i will load all the pics i got so far in my homepage and put the link on here... ... they're so cool! You guys know where i casn buy cheap legos?... i like the clear ones... and i will probably need at least 2000 of them... But yeah i will be updating my homepage as i progress... btw the only reason i didn't include my homepage add. in this thing is that i'm at school .... wish me luck yall!... :-D

I would use an epoxy or something else, rather than superglue. Sounds interesting enough though!

Quote Originally Posted by AnionWeed
    You guys know where i casn buy cheap legos?...

garage sales, flea markets and swapmeets. only chance of of keeping the cost down would be to buy used.

have you checked eBay?
    "Today is a black day in the history of mankind."

- Leo Szilard

Ya i checked Ebay, but i wanna buy clear ones. BTW here's a link to my homepage, i got three pics of the 80mm fan in the dark. http://hometown.aol.com/anionweed/my...e/profile.html

Cool pics, I tried doing some Google searching for you to find clear Legos but no luck. I've seen them used on other peoples lego mods but no clue where they got them at. It would look cool though, expecially through the frosted one's.

Yeah i want the clear legos just so that i can make cool designs in the sides of the case. But i'm thinking too much about the finished product when i haven't even drawn up the blueprint for the case.... and i don't have the legos yet... but finding legos shouldn't be a hard task... imma go to toys 'r us tomorrow and see if i can find sum clear legos. I'll have more pics later, and maybe i'll add some of my other case (which is a $120 case). And guys, if you have any ideas on how to make this case look cool feel free to post it on here! Thanx

Ok you know what, legos are too hard to find. So i've drawn up a new plan for a cool looking case. I will post it on here later, it's gonna be worth my time.
    Let's just say there's metal, plexiglass or acrylic involded in this project, and alotta lighting, including see-thru drives ... it's gonna be alotta fun!

Ok you know what, legos are too hard to find. So i've drawn up a new plan for a cool looking case. I will post it on here later, it's gonna be worth my time.
    Let's just say there's metal, plexiglass or acrylic involded in this project, and alotta lighting, including see-thru drives ... it's gonna be alotta fun!
    You mean alot of work, that's not the easiest stuff to work with ya know?

yes i am aware that making a case out of acrylic plastic or plexiglass is gonna be a hard task... but at least you know where to find the materials you need... and i have already started on it. The see thru drives won't be done until next month. it's very hard to sculpt this stuff.... if you're not carefull it will break on ya. But it all looks good at the moment and i didn't know this when i bought the stuff but the glass is clear, not blue... oh well... guess i'm just gonna have to add some color!

Hey i'm so cheap that i decided to make my own new case out of lego, and so far so good.
    I have finished one of the "legs" and i'm gonna have a total of five "legs", each one with an 80mm red led fan in it. It looks real cool in the dark and i'm still working on the body. The fans fit perfectly once u get one of the lego squares done, Then i will drill holes in the lego parts so that the wires won't be showing.
    Of course i will superglue all the lego pieces toguether once i figure out how the parts will go toguether... I will have pics once i'm done... so you guys just let me know wut yall think of this idea ... (I Will be providing a link to pics) Oh and is there a way to post pics on this thing?... if so ow do u do it?
    creativity.. i love it

ииии

ииии

fem the retarded rabbit mccoffee's Avatar
    Comptia a+ n+

Quote Originally Posted by mccoffee
    Now, that's pretty cool!
    Kind of wished it was all black without the yellow/green windows but other then that I like it.

fem the retarded rabbit mccoffee's Avatar
    q i saw one that was made out of gingerbread
    Comptia a+ n+

Yep it looks really cool right now, and btw the acrylic plastic is clear :-\ ... couldn't find any colorede ones... i still have to take pics of it, and i'll post them on here sometime this week :P