Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Orlando SG meet this Thurdsay night

Orlando SG meet this Thurdsay night

so what da deally yo?

I'm off at 5pm on Thurs and I'll be more than ready to drink some beer, err Guinness with you old timers, maybe teach y'all how to throw some darts or perhaps let you fellas show me a thing or 2 about some billiards..

Any plans coming together yet? How many people are going to be able to make it? Is it just going to be 4 of us? What time do you guys want to meet up?

Trick Shots billiards has all 3 ingredients: pool, darts, & Guinness and there is a Hooters right next door to it on my side of town. Also there is a really, really, really good Cuban/Mexican restaurant right next to the gigantic Boardwalk Bowling Center which features a bar w/ pool tables and dart boards. I'll have to check if they serve Guinness though.

There are other good spots as well, depending on what part of town we want to meet. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help arrange something such as cab services for Mr. YeOldeDrunkcat..

Roody, are you going to be able to make it for this one?
    "Nobody's invincible, no plan is foolproof, We all must meet our moment of truth." - Guru

Quote Originally Posted by koldchillah
    so what da deally yo?

I'm off at 5pm on Thurs and I'll be more than ready to drink some beer, err Guinness with you old timers, maybe teach y'all how to throw some darts or perhaps let you fellas show me a thing or 2 about some billiards..

Any plans coming together yet? How many people are going to be able to make it? Is it just going to be 4 of us? What time do you guys want to meet up?

Trick Shots billiards has all 3 ingredients: pool, darts, & Guinness and there is a Hooters right next door to it on my side of town. Also there is a really, really, really good Cuban/Mexican restaurant right next to the gigantic Boardwalk Bowling Center which features a bar w/ pool tables and dart boards. I'll have to check if they serve Guinness though.

There are other good spots as well, depending on what part of town we want to meet. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help arrange something such as cab services for Mr. YeOldeDrunkcat..

Roody, are you going to be able to make it for this one?
    What time does it start?

Quote Originally Posted by Roody
    What time does it start?
    ahh.. I see we are both seeking the same answers.
    "Nobody's invincible, no plan is foolproof, We all must meet our moment of truth." - Guru

ahh.. I see we are both seeking the same answers.
    *note to self...read responses in their entirety*

Blog Entries
    I've pretty much cleared the afternoon, Ken as well... We'll most likely be there before 5PM, but we haven't decided on a place yet. That Billiards place sounds cool, what's the addy ?

We'll be in Orlando most of the evening.
    Linux is user friendly, it's just picky about its friends...
    Disclaimer: Please use caution when opening messages, my grasp on reality may have shaken loose during transmission (going on rusty memory circuits).
    ๑۩۞۩๑

I'll have to look up the exact address in the phone book or something.. Its brand new and I can't find that particular location via google.

Directions from your side of I-4 to that pool hall would be very easy.

I-4 east to the 408 east/west expressway. Take 408 east to Rouse Rd. Turn right onto Rouse Rd. from the exit ramp, then a left onto Lake Underhill Rd. and its right there on the left. You can see the hooters and pool hall from the expressway if you were to pass the exit.

edited: just found this on google:

TRICK SHOTS BILLIARDS
    11351 LAKE UNDERHILL
    ORLANDO, FL. 32825
    407-331-5393

If thats a little far out of the way, I can come up with multiple other options depending on which part of town is better. There are at least 3 Trick Shots that I know of as well as countless other pool halls, etc.

Are significant others invited also?

Quote Originally Posted by Roody
    Are significant others invited also?
    good question. My wife doesn't really want to go if she's going to be the only girl, so I think she may sit this one out.

A bit offtopic for Roody: I never thought to tell you this, but her friend Natasha that came out to dinner with us that one night has been recovering from a horrible boating accident recently in which she fell overboard off the front end and got ran over by the engine propellers. long story, but she is out of the hospital now and is expected to make a full recovery, just has lots and lots of nasty stitches.

Whoa man that's terrible. Let her know I will be thinking about her.

Somewhere along the shoreline in New England
    My itinerary:

Hotel - Renaissance Orland Hotel - Airport 1-407-240-1000.

Flight - Delta 2561 B nonstop. Leave Bradley 7 AM arrive Orlanda 9:39 AM
    Return - Delta 2564B, leave Orlando 6:15 PM arrive 8:47 PM

All I know is we're arriving Thursday morning, can't check in til the afternoon. I'm clear that afternoon, they're wanting to eat at Emeril's restaurant that Thursday night, reservations at 7. I imagine dinner til near 9..then clear again.

I have the software users meeting all day Friday, they take clients out for happy hour from 5-7 Friday night, and then more group meetings Saturday. (my VPN presentation is Saturday, Friday is kinda a sleeper for me, just have to listen in on some of the SQL stuff, as they're upgrading their database engine from VFP to SQL). So I'll be doing some pitches for Small Business Server there.

I'll be getting a lot of sun bathing in tween stuff in the day! And find a local lounge.

I'll PM my cell phone.
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!

Somewhere along the shoreline in New England
    so what da deally yo?

Teeheehee...

///dusts off his skillzzzz z zzz ///
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!

Quote Originally Posted by YeOldeStonecat
    My itinerary:

Hotel - Renaissance Orland Hotel - Airport 1-407-240-1000.

Flight - Delta 2561 B nonstop. Leave Bradley 7 AM arrive Orlanda 9:39 AM
    Return - Delta 2564B, leave Orlando 6:15 PM arrive 8:47 PM

All I know is we're arriving Thursday morning, can't check in til the afternoon. I'm clear that afternoon, they're wanting to eat at Emeril's restaurant that Thursday night, reservations at 7. I imagine dinner til near 9..then clear again.

I have the software users meeting all day Friday, they take clients out for happy hour from 5-7 Friday night, and then more group meetings Saturday. (my VPN presentation is Saturday, Friday is kinda a sleeper for me, just have to listen in on some of the SQL stuff, as they're upgrading their database engine from VFP to SQL). So I'll be doing some pitches for Small Business Server there.

I'll be getting a lot of sun bathing in tween stuff in the day! And find a local lounge.

I'll PM my cell phone.
    If you dont mind man drop me a PM with your cell #.

Be there or be square...

Hey K-killa,
    Bring the wife and her friend!

Assembly Required
    Hey Ken, I'll give you $1000 to get Roody drunk, shave off all his body hair, spray paint him purple, put him in a pair of diapers, and have him crawl around on his hands and knees barking like a dog. Naturally, we'll need photographic proof in order for you to collect the $1000. What'd ya say?

sorry ladies, i have to work, i wish it was on a weekend

post some pics though
    4930K@4.3~32GBGskill~asusX79deluxe~r9-280x~240GB-SSD-OS drive~500GB-SSD-scratch~240GB-SSD-thrash~2TB storage~Windows 7 pro
    *~ SG stats ~my stats

DOH!!!! If only it was a day or two later ... I am hitting the road for Jacksonville, FL Friday evening around 19:30 (7:30 pm) to go see Stacy Will be the first time since she was sent off.

Maybe next time .....

-lance
    A mistake does not become an error until one refuses to correct it

Folding for the future

Quote Originally Posted by Ken
    Be there or be square...

Hey K-killa,
    Bring the wife and her friend!
    bueno, I was talking on the phone to her as I read your post, so yes, she may come now that she has been officially invited and she will try to call a friend or 2 to come along.

Since Cat has dinner arrangements already with his people and you fellas will already be in town, do you guys want to meet for dinner beforehand around 7ish or so?

bueno, I was talking on the phone to her as I read your post, so yes, she may come now that she has been officially invited and she will try to call a friend or 2 to come along.

Since Cat has dinner arrangements already with his people and you fellas will already be in town, do you guys want to meet for dinner beforehand around 7ish or so?
    Claro que si!
    Sounds good to me! Philip is easy (Just ask any woman! ) and is prepared for the evening, so no doubt he will be OK with it...

I will PM you my cell #.

Ax, you wouldn't have to pay for that... El gusto es mio...

Blog Entries
    Dinner sounds good, we can hook up with YSCat afterwards...
    Linux is user friendly, it's just picky about its friends...
    Disclaimer: Please use caution when opening messages, my grasp on reality may have shaken loose during transmission (going on rusty memory circuits).
    ๑۩۞۩๑