Thread: Saitek cyborg evo joystick...(recommend a good joystick)

Thumbs down Saitek cyborg evo joystick...(recommend a good joystick)

anyone else have a Saitek cyborg evo?

i like the stick for Microsoft flight sim.

but when i go into bf1942 dc and ut2004 i get bad drift issues....i have already tried the updated driver on MS update....and i called saitek and they told me that it was the driver for my usb 2.0.

ive got a giga-byte ga7n400 pro mobo

im using the drivers im supposed to be using.
    i dont think its my drivers....i think its saitek.

anyone recommend a good joystick with force feedback for ms flight sim 2004 bf1942 desert combat and ut2k4?

just from the little ive used this joystick (even with the drift issues).....i can tell a joystick is something ill want to drop some money on...i really think itll help my game

tia

AMP
    Gigabyte ga-7n400 pro nForce2 mobo, Athlon XP3200, thermalright slk900, 1 gig corsair pc3200 cas2, radeon 9800pro, SB Audigy 2 ZS
    case= yeong yang YY-B0221 server cube,550 watt Antec true power,1 wd raptor 74 gig,1 34gig raptor (page) 2 wd 120gig se's raid 1, 1 120gig se. WIN xp Pro, Dual display samsung syncmaster 1100df 21in(Primary) Samsung syncmaster 955df 19in (secondary)".

clear your PM's .. Please!!

Blog Entries
    I've got the same joystick, Amp...what kind of drift issues are you seeing?
    ------
    “The most beautiful thing we can experience in life is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: for his eyes are closed.” - Albert Einstein

I love my MS sidewinder 2
    Highly recommend it
    Cancer Baaaaaad! Folding Goooood!

Originally posted by Massa
    clear your PM's .. Please!!
    cleared
    Gigabyte ga-7n400 pro nForce2 mobo, Athlon XP3200, thermalright slk900, 1 gig corsair pc3200 cas2, radeon 9800pro, SB Audigy 2 ZS
    case= yeong yang YY-B0221 server cube,550 watt Antec true power,1 wd raptor 74 gig,1 34gig raptor (page) 2 wd 120gig se's raid 1, 1 120gig se. WIN xp Pro, Dual display samsung syncmaster 1100df 21in(Primary) Samsung syncmaster 955df 19in (secondary)".

Originally posted by Indy
    I've got the same joystick, Amp...what kind of drift issues are you seeing?
    in bf1942 i was getting real bad drift issues....charachter would constantly strafe to the right i believe.

updated my driver through MS update....and the strafing stopped.

BUT.....i have a constant drift in the twist function of the joystick........i fly the apache and it constantly wants to turn the nose of the helio to the lef.

to go straight requires constant, neverending course correction.

and in ut2004

as soon as i enable joystick.........my view drops down.

even with my charachter just standing there and me not touching the controls at all....the view slides down slowly.

direction from the jopystick works fine (strafing and going forward and back)

but my view direction is totally controlled by my trackball.

dont really understand the issue there, but none the less it makes ut2k4 unplayable with the joystick.

and now i notice the same drift in Microsoft flight sim......there are 2 helios in the game and i get the same drift on those 2 helios as well.

i wouldnt mind keeping this joystick if these issues can be resolved.......i really like the lay out and configurablity of the hand grip itself

tia

AMP

Have you recalibrated it at all?

Originally posted by YARDofSTUF
    Have you recalibrated it at all?
    yesy....did that once then found out that once you install the NEW driver from MS there is no calibration tab even available anymore.....you are supposed to run the joystick through its full range of motion if it acts up.

AMP

My joystick does the same thing! This is how I fix it.

I use a Logitech Wingman Force 3D.

I will also drift out of control. In BF1942 and BFV.

But if I unplug the joystick (USB cord) in game and then plug it in again it corrects it self (sometimes have to unplug it twice). Keep in mind I have to alt+tab to my desktop and clear the error message I get from my joystick profiler. I'm not sure if you have a profiler.

I have to do this everytime I join a new server but not when the same server is just switching maps.

Wierd eh? I've tried everything to save the unplugging and plugging but nothing else works. Everything is up to date. If it has a driver I updated it. If it can be calibrated I calibrated it.

Don't get me wrong though, the Saitek brand is still a peice of sh*iat. I have a Saitek game pad thing and lemme tell ya the support for those products is kaakaa.

Try it, I bet it'll work.
    Nothing Safe!

Originally posted by Subsane

I use a Logitech Wingman Force 3D.

I will also drift out of control. In BF1942 and BFV.

But if I unplug the joystick (USB cord) in game and then plug it in again it corrects it self (sometimes have to unplug it twice). Keep in mind I have to alt+tab to my desktop and clear the error message I get from my joystick profiler. I'm not sure if you have a profiler.

I have to do this everytime I join a new server but not when the same server is just switching maps.

Wierd eh? I've tried everything to save the unplugging and plugging but nothing else works. Everything is up to date. If it has a driver I updated it. If it can be calibrated I calibrated it.

Don't get me wrong though, the Saitek brand is still a peice of sh*iat. I have a Saitek game pad thing and lemme tell ya the support for those products is kaakaa.

Try it, I bet it'll work.

thanks...ill give that a shot.

and yes the support is total kaakaa.

i actually did get hold of a person and all they would tell me is that my usb controllers werent identified properly and that i neeed to find out the manufacturer of the usb controller on the motherboard.

see sig for system specs (mobo)

i went to my mobo's website and theyt say on their site to use the MS driver in windows update.

after installing the driver from MS update....things improved.....but i still have the twist drifting issue and the view sliding down constaqntly in ut2k4.

anyone out there know the manufacturer of the usb controller on my mobo?

gigabyte ga7n400 pro

i looked on the gigabyte site and didnt find anythinhg specific about the usb controller.

i shall try to dig deeper and find out.....but i am more inclied to use the the gigabyte recommended drivers.

id like to try others if there are any for my mobo.

tia all

AMP
    Last edited by AMPLIFRIER; 03-31-04 at 07:41 AM.

I have mine going into an USB HUB. I wonder if thats what causes it? Do you also use a HUB?
    Nothing Safe!

Bump
    Nothing Safe!

Somewhere along the shoreline in New England
    Quote Originally Posted by Subsane

I use a Logitech Wingman Force 3D..
    I have the Logitech Wingman Extreme 3D USB (not force), I only use WinXP's native drivers for it, not Logitechs stuff.

Zero issues, haven't had to do a thing once I installed it the first time. In and out of games all the time, reboots, etc, it's always there when I need it in game. I like Logitechs quality of hardware, but their drivers...uh uh, no install of them for me. WinXP supports it fine natively, same with the MX500 mouse.
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!

I have the Logitech Freedom 2.4 Cordless Joystick. I love it! It's so awesome. It is cordless, so, yes, no mess and no problems with lag at all. It runs as if it were corded. Also, I never have drift issues or anything and the grip of it is perfect. It has 10 programmable buttons (including the trigger) and it has an 8-way hat switch and a throttle. It's resistance is perfect and it feels really comfy. The install and setup is a breeze. No problems at all, and very quick and easy, so you can get right to your flying and gunning down your opponents. The only problem at all is that it's only for right-handed players. But that makes it all the better for the rightys-it fits perfectly into your right hand and has a little thumb groove which improves grip and comfort. Sorry southpaws. Also, there is no force feedback, But I don't really care about that. But some of you hardcore sim flighters might care about it. Nevertheless, I recommend it to anyone who loves flight sims and doesn't like wires and messy crap all over the place. Also, it has a pretty reasonable price. Prices range about $40-$50 right now if you look around on the internet. If you buy it retail, it'll be like 60 bucks.
    You played the Song of Storms!