Thread: I am having problem with Network adapter

Kryptonite3000

I am having problem with Network adapter

Hi im new to this forum well anyhows i have a 2wire homeportal and a laptop that connects to it using a 2wire wireless network card i can connect through internet and stuff like that but sometimes the card would just not work :S it starts to go all wierd like when i try to click on the icon on my task bar to bring up the properties it wouldn't come up i would just see it flash on my desktop on and off :S...wierd stuff man but anyways it starts to happen often now and is pissing me off i want to hear solution from you experts before i call the provider losing the signal while downling sucks man

Only thing I could recommend is check their website for driver updates for your wireless card and a firmware update for your homeportal.

Somewhere along the shoreline in New England
    Hello fellow Connecticut dweller!

SNET wireless packeg, eh?
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!

Kryptonite3000
    yes my friend sbc :S....well their service is making my life hectic with all the calls i make just to fix phone lines and stuff -_- but anyways i already have the latest drives :-/ hmmm......maybe i lose signal because of bad channel ....i will test different channels :| and see if it works thanks u guys for replying and oh yea i pay only 24 bucks for dsl ...and my package allows me to have a connection input speed of 1536 kbps because i live with in 12 miles of the company

Ya know, I didn't even think about that but yes try a different channel and see if it gets any better. Also, if the wireless signal is crossing through a kitchen with a microwave, when its on that can also kill your wireless signal.

Originally posted by Kryptonite3000
    because i live with in 12 miles of the company
    I'd hope you're within 12 miles. SNET likes you within 17,500 feet, that's more like 3.5.

<==Stonington/Mystic area.
    Guinness for Strength!!!

Kryptonite3000
    really maybe just maybe im with in 3 miles hehe i don't know how far their hq is but im pay for higher speeds for less prices thats all i care about my friend but only my input is high they didn't upgrade my output at all....oh yeah another question guys do any of these windows tweaks actually improve dsl connections? im just curious don't wanna mess around then have to fix things again -_- my life is already hectic with sbc as my provider

Kryptonite3000
    Opps forgot

<<<<< Norwich area

Originally posted by Kryptonite3000
    Opps forgot

<<<<< Norwich area
    Ahh...yeah I'm up there often, one of my clients is on 12 Case Street industrial building. (somewhat near the Navigators Stadium). Also have another near town hall, on top of that hill behind the big church.

And yes the tweaks work fine for DSL, there's a specific one for PPPoE DSL which you'll want. I use the TCP optimizer on my rig. How much it improves your speeds...that's hard to answer. A good healthy rig...not too much. But a rig that's been around for a while, used 'n abused, no updates, perhaps has had some OS upgrades...it can help them a quite a bit.
    Guinness for Strength!!!

Kryptonite3000
    a specific one eh ? but wich one for pppoe? or should i just use the same one ur using ? im just afraid of using it and it makes my speed slower :P ...oh yea the tweaks speed up ur browsing but does it speed up ur downloads ?