Thread: Anyone know what Gendel32.exe is.. its in my root directory, and google found nothing

Anyone know what Gendel32.exe is.. its in my root directory, and google found nothing

I have this file gendel32.exe in my root directory... anyone know what this is?
    Asus p4p800 Deluxe Mobo - Pentium 4 3.2 @ 3.6 - Thermaltake Spark7 HSF - Geil Golden Dragon PC3200 - ATI Radeon x850 XT PE 256mb - Maxtor 120 GB 8mb cache - Sound Blaster Live! 5.1 - Altec Lansing 5.1 Sattelites w/sub - Cooler Master Cavalier 3 case

back it up to a floppy and delete it. if somethign goes wrong stick it back there, but I'm pretty sure its just a troublesome file.

No one has any right to force data on you
    and command you to believe it or else.
    If it is not true for you, it isn't true.

LRH

Thanks tony, but there is no real conclusive answer in there... someone said its part of a map pack for CS... I dont' have CS.

All of those are just guesses.

I've scanned with my AVG, and housecall from trend micro, and the panda online virus scan.. nothing.

Ran adaware, spybot, regsupreme, everything
    Asus p4p800 Deluxe Mobo - Pentium 4 3.2 @ 3.6 - Thermaltake Spark7 HSF - Geil Golden Dragon PC3200 - ATI Radeon x850 XT PE 256mb - Maxtor 120 GB 8mb cache - Sound Blaster Live! 5.1 - Altec Lansing 5.1 Sattelites w/sub - Cooler Master Cavalier 3 case

I deleted it, rebooted, it seems to be gone, but I'm still wondering what it is.

There's also mention of ipTunneling, possibly related to a game.
    No one has any right to force data on you
    and command you to believe it or else.
    If it is not true for you, it isn't true.

LRH

Yea I have nothing on my system that they are talking about..

I appreciate the effort through Tony

I've seen three things, it could have been, its been called a sex dialer, part of a search toolbar, or part of a games expansion pack, either way its crap, I read all the english and german sites they all said the same thing
    It came upon a midnight clear up my nose

MysteryFCM
    It's actually installed by AntiCrash (and I only know that as I've just installed it (and now uninstalled it) myself and WinPatrol alerted me to it)

http://forum.avantbrowser.com/viewto...?p=49045#49045

Regards

MysteryFCM