Thread: anyone get UT2K4?

anyone get UT2K4?

anyone get it??? if so we gotta paly sometime!! its fun!!

SG Enthusiast
    Almost picked it up tonight, but at work and don't get off til 0500. Decided to wait til then to pick it up.
    Looking for work............

Originally posted by russell12
    Almost picked it up tonight, but at work and don't get off til 0500. Decided to wait til then to pick it up.
    woot! get it! i figured there would be more players here but not yet eh?

SG Enthusiast
    if I thought it'd run on my lappie, I'd go pick it up before hastings closes at 11:00. don't think it would gel with Intel extreme graphics though
    Looking for work............

i got it so did my son ... my life as it was is over

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

HAhah I know right ? That's what happened to me when I picked up BF42 a month ago .... If It's not one addiciton it's another ...
    Network Engineer for Linux/Windows/Netware servers and connectivity for remotes sites via VPN in Roanoke, VA.

Originally posted by Mytflyguy
    HAhah I know right ? That's what happened to me when I picked up BF42 a month ago .... If It's not one addiciton it's another ...
    yeah but like I told my wife ... there are Alot Worse things I could be addicted to

Originally posted by Jamie_R
    yeah but like I told my wife ... there are Alot Worse things I could be addicted to
    we gotta play!!!

i gotta tag on my door telling me i missed the fed ex man with my copy...
    Every normal man must be tempted at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
    I often wonder if the voices in my head ever get frustrated because I'm just too damn lazy to climb that clock tower.
    Click image to enlarge
    click image to view full version

i did not like the quakeish game style in ut 2k3 however i love reg ut... is 2k4 quakeish?

I was going to post a link to that thread, but the SG search results for "bullsh|t" were too numerous

sometimes you have to think outside the box to get inside the box .

i just got it
    To be human is to choose.

It is better to die on your feet
    than to live on your knees.

- Emiliano Zapata

mine should be delivered to me at some point....i pre-ordered it a month ago at best buy.

im really excited about this one!!!!

te demo is sensational!

AMP
    Gigabyte ga-7n400 pro nForce2 mobo, Athlon XP3200, thermalright slk900, 1 gig corsair pc3200 cas2, radeon 9800pro, SB Audigy 2 ZS
    case= yeong yang YY-B0221 server cube,550 watt Antec true power,1 wd raptor 74 gig,1 34gig raptor (page) 2 wd 120gig se's raid 1, 1 120gig se. WIN xp Pro, Dual display samsung syncmaster 1100df 21in(Primary) Samsung syncmaster 955df 19in (secondary)".

Originally posted by Bastid
    i gotta tag on my door telling me i missed the fed ex man with my copy...
    that sux ... fed ex used to do me that way too ... till i signed the back of one of those forms authorizing them to leave packages w/o my sig. i have a couple neighbors who are home during the day and they grab the stuff for me. if i didn't do that i'd never get anything delivered - fed ex runs here around 11:00 am every day

Originally posted by Randy
    is 2k4 quakeish?
    I just got done watching the programmers here at work battle it out on their lunch break.

To me its nothing more than an advanced version of Quake 3 with more BF oriented team tactics and vehicle usage..

sorta looked like a cross breed between the functionality of BF, the game play of Quake and the graphics of Halo.
    "Nobody's invincible, no plan is foolproof, We all must meet our moment of truth." - Guru

Every normal man must be tempted at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
    I often wonder if the voices in my head ever get frustrated because I'm just too damn lazy to climb that clock tower.
    Click image to enlarge
    click image to view full version

Originally posted by koldchillah
    I just got done watching the programmers here at work battle it out on their lunch break.

To me its nothing more than an advanced version of Quake 3 with more BF oriented team tactics and vehicle usage..

sorta looked like a cross breed between the functionality of BF, the game play of Quake and the graphics of Halo.
    what more could you ask for!

the different game play styles/vehicles and the GRAPHICS are what makes it diff than quake3

this is an evolution in first person shooters!

btw....did anyone else pre-order from bestbuy?

they havent even shipped my copy yet....i did order the special edition though.

but i heard stories of other folks picking up special edition copies in stores?

wtf is going on with bestbuy?

AMP
    Gigabyte ga-7n400 pro nForce2 mobo, Athlon XP3200, thermalright slk900, 1 gig corsair pc3200 cas2, radeon 9800pro, SB Audigy 2 ZS
    case= yeong yang YY-B0221 server cube,550 watt Antec true power,1 wd raptor 74 gig,1 34gig raptor (page) 2 wd 120gig se's raid 1, 1 120gig se. WIN xp Pro, Dual display samsung syncmaster 1100df 21in(Primary) Samsung syncmaster 955df 19in (secondary)".

Originally posted by AMPLIFRIER
    what more could you ask for!

the different game play styles/vehicles and the GRAPHICS are what makes it diff than quake3

this is an evolution in first person shooters!

btw....did anyone else pre-order from bestbuy?

they havent even shipped my copy yet....i did order the special edition though.

but i heard stories of other folks picking up special edition copies in stores?

yea a lot of people are having problums with shipments.. beats me i got my!

wtf is going on with bestbuy?

AMP