Thread: Computer Just SHUTS OFF?!

Exclamation Computer Just SHUTS OFF?!

I have asked quite a few people about this, but no one else's suggestions have helped me out. First of all, my specs:

Right now I have moved them all to stock except for the CPU/RAM (will explain in a sec what I mean)

2500+ Barton (@ about 40 deg C)
    - Volcano9 hsf + AS3
    Epox 8RDA+ mobo (latest BIOS and nForce)
    Corsair XMS Platinum PC3200 (2x256+1x512 = 1024mb)
    Radeon 9800 Pro (latest cats)
    Lite-On CD/RW (48x24x48)
    Lite-On DVD/+-RW 811S I believe
    Viewsonic monitor (e90fb)
    Windows XP Corporate Edition

- have tried three different PSUs, A thermaltake purepower (420 watt), Arrow PSU (500 watt) - currently using, Sparkle (400 watt). All of these give the same outcome:

During bootup (almost always at the windows login screen) my computer just completely shuts off, causing me to hard-turn off the computer (everything has already turned off, but the mobo is still sending power cuz the green light on the front of my case is still on) - so I have to hold the power button for 5 seconds before being able to reboot.

So right now my computer is running at 1342mhz (obviously 500mhz below stock), but I used to be able to get it to run at stable 3000+ speeds (2104mhz). All of a sudden (about 3 months ago) this problem started happening, just random times (not necessarily under load) it would just turn off. Now I can't even get it to boot stable.

If anyone can help me make this puppy run back again, I will paypal like 20 bucks to whoever completely solves it, I just can't stand this constantly happening. Thank you in advance. If anyone would want to solve this outside of the board, my

email is:
    Mantle676@hotmail.com

AIM:
    Mantle67

Thank you for all of your time, and sorry about such a long post.
    http://janus.weareafk.com/Image%20Ho...ures/sig_1.gif

Epox 8RDA+|2500+ Barton|1gb Corsair XMS (PC3200)|Total HD Space: 420 Gig|OS: Windows XP Corp|AGP: Radeon 9800 pro 128mb|LiteOn CDRW(48x);DVD(8x)|Klipsh Pro-Media 4.1 Speakers

Sounds like a bad motherboard to me!

wouldn't it be strange for it to just start happening after 6 months though? The CPU/2x256 RAM are all about 6 months old, the 512 stick is about 3 months old, the Video Card/DVD+/-RW are about 1.5 months old, just seems strange for that to all of a sudden fail on me.

Epox 8RDA+|2500+ Barton|1gb Corsair XMS (PC3200)|Total HD Space: 420 Gig|OS: Windows XP Corp|AGP: Radeon 9800 pro 128mb|LiteOn CDRW(48x);DVD(8x)|Klipsh Pro-Media 4.1 Speakers

thats an epox board for ya, you overclock those things to much and BAM! no longer working. Good board when you get a good one.

I'll stick with the Abit NF7-s for right now.
    If you won't stand behind the troops then you can trying standing in front of them.

best guess with available info.....

Video card is screwed, or not seated properly.

Originally posted by Mantle67
    wouldn't it be strange for it to just start happening after 6 months though? The CPU/2x256 RAM are all about 6 months old, the 512 stick is about 3 months old, the Video Card/DVD+/-RW are about 1.5 months old, just seems strange for that to all of a sudden fail on me.
    Not really. I've sent back 5 boards that were about that old, for doing the same thing.

hmmz interesting then, do you think newegg will take it back on an RMA? hmmz gonna have to go checkout their warranty policy.

the memory could be bad too, but u got good ram

and get that sparkle out of their i had a bad experrience with one, when at the most crucial time, it gave out

yeah, currently I am using my 500 watt Arrow PSU, which has kept me stable, but my CPU is still underclocked by a few hundred mHz