Thread: software install issues

software install issues

well , I dont know whats wrong with my XP !
    I have ( until just recently ) had 5 sims installed on this same pc now for over a year. They all ran smooth and ( semi ) error free , till a week ago.
    Now when I uninstalled one, for a problem it encountered , and as I had done before, defragged the HD , rebooted , and reinstalled it ( which cleared the error ). Now it comes up with the exact same errors , even full stock ( no add-ons ). Like it was never undone . ?
    So , I have run Scans to be certain of a clean environment, no viruses , or Trojans .
    I simply cant think of what has changed . I did a full clean of the REG with REGCleaner , looking for all dead entries. reinstalled the game again, and again it has the same issues , it even popped up the last time it was run warning ! ( never could find that file in any searches ! )
    I also dont have Fast Search enabled , or compression .
    I uninstalled RESTORE , even , thinking it might keep those log files. But NOoooOOoo !
    any advice ? my favorite game is dead , or is it time now to Format ? and go thru the pains of reinstalling to a fresh OS ?
    nothing like my Virtual Spitfire Mk IXc and a few wingmen to cover my 6 !

did you install any recent windows updates? Change any drivers? Something such as that had to have been changed from a week ago. Perhaps something automated?
    "Nobody's invincible, no plan is foolproof, We all must meet our moment of truth." - Guru

Nope , Nothing . it's really strange , as I am not new to the games, or installs. I do manual updates , so it shouldnt be that. But with all the strange things going around, I retested for worms , virus & trojans... clean.

vewy vewy stwange.....
    nothing like my Virtual Spitfire Mk IXc and a few wingmen to cover my 6 !