Thread: Anyone Here Have Kidney Stones Before?

Question Anyone Here Have Kidney Stones Before?

Im in a dead sleep around 3am and all of a sudden... *PAIN* The pain got so bad I couldn't take it anymore. Got kinda scared not knowing exactly what it was. I decide to drive myself to the emergency room. After blood work, cat scan, ect. Doctor comes in and says I have a kidney stone. Now the fun part...waiting for the stone to pass. They gave me some pretty good meds for the pain, so Im good on that front...just the anticipitation of the stone passing

Never Kidney stones, had gall stones once, hurt like a mofo, lucky for me, the web is full of how-to's on flushing gall stones at home!!
    Have your feelings been hurt by a random act of E-Thuggery? If so, call 1-800-Waaaaahmbulance, we're here 24 hrs a day, 7 days a week, to take your call, you could be due a large monetary settlement, don't delay, call now.

"Please be careful prior to entering the world wide web, the internet is serious business"

Illini25, I've passed stones maybe 7 times now...I can't eat chocolate or peanuts.....

Maybe they didn't explain it to you fully. The stone is made in your kidney..It may be fairly large or even smaller than a grain of sand. The thing is, it gets lodged in the tube between the kidney and your bladder. The kidney spasms as it fills with fluid, causing the pain.

The passing is the relief. Once it hits your bladder, your home free....from there on out is no problem no matter what the size. Most of mine have been around the size of a grain of sand. The last one I had to get blasted to break it up...

You have my condolences and from what I hear, there is nothing like the pain of passing stones and from personal experiences...I'd agree. I know when I get that feeling, I head straight to the emergency room. The meds are a "good" thing.

never had them but know people who have and they tell me it is extreme pain, sorry to hear

Blog Entries
    Hi Illini25

I awoke the same way wanting to go to the Bathroom, but couldn't pass any water. The pain just got worse so i headed for Home and ended up at the Emergency Room.

The Female Doctor told me it was the Male equivalent of Child birth.

Once they get you on the Drugs your okay. I had to get a catheter to drain my bladder, what a relief that was. I was like a Fountain. Hahaha!

You may hear a little blink when it passes and hits the water, maybe not, but you'll know.

Good Luck

regards

minir

Mississauga, Ontario , Canada. Behaviour : Good
    My mom had kidney stones before I was born.

It was pretty serious and my dad just heard of that sonic wave or something wave. They just point at the kidney and it crushes the stone through sound waves or soemthing. No surgery required.

If they didn't do that I'd never have been born. It was many years back and it seemed pretty simple, I think you could do that if it's serious.

one of my college buddies had the same problem...he said the best thing to do is drink alot of beer...he said he was drunk for 5 days streight while passing his kidney stones and hardly felt a thing LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by Zilog B
    Loading the dishwasher at brembo's house means bringing the fiancee a sixpack home.

Originally posted by downhill
    Illini25, I've passed stones maybe 7 times now...I can't eat chocolate or peanuts.....

Maybe they didn't explain it to you fully. The stone is made in your kidney..It may be fairly large or even smaller than a grain of sand. The thing is, it gets lodged in the tube between the kidney and your bladder. The kidney spasms as it fills with fluid, causing the pain.

The passing is the relief. Once it hits your bladder, your home free....from there on out is no problem no matter what the size. Most of mine have been around the size of a grain of sand. The last one I had to get blasted to break it up...

You have my condolences and from what I hear, there is nothing like the pain of passing stones and from personal experiences...I'd agree. I know when I get that feeling, I head straight to the emergency room. The meds are a "good" thing.
    Thanks for all the well wishes! I really appreciate it!

Yeah, once they gave me some meds...It was bearable. But upto that time....OMG PAIN!

Now im much better. At least from early this morning. The stone must be in the bladder. Everytime I urinate, I have to strain it so I can send the stone for analysis.

I've been drinking so much water, I think im turning into a fish, LOL.

You all remember the 'Seinfeld' episode where Kramer has a kidney stone and passes the stone? Couldn't help but think of that when I was the ER..trying to keep my mind focused on anything,

Keep in mind that the stone could be VERY small....so inspect that strainer very carefully.

They can give you some good pointers on what not to eat. Oxalate is a big one as well as calcium.....You'll find oxalate in dark green leafy plants as well as chocolate and nuts.....

I had a female doctor once tell my wife, (who was a disbelier on the pain I was going through) that she had given birth to twins and passed stones once.....She would rather give birth to twins again given the difference in pain between the two.

A link for you to see....

http://kidney.niddk.nih.gov/kudiseas...ults/index.htm

Originally posted by minir

The Female Doctor told me it was the Male equivalent of Child birth.
    Yes, I've had them twice (once took me to the emergency room).

And the nurse told me the same thing as Minir's doctors told him. My response was, ok but... a woman has a choice if she wants to become pregnant, can chose the time and pretty much knows when it's going to happen. Kidney stones can just hit you out of nowhere.

The other great part about the whole mess is that if you've had them before you'll probably get them again (you stand a greater chance).

I wouldn't wish the pain on my worse enemby.

Thanks for the link DH. Actually, visited the site earlier today

I now know what you mean Easto.