Thread: web pages very slow to refresh??

web pages very slow to refresh??

hope this is right forum for my prob...

i just completed a new build with a7n8x deluxe and 2500+. all seems to be fine except when i go to a web page. it loads fast but if i scroll on the page it is like really really slow (is this the refresh rate?)

my mobo has the onboard 3com lan and nvidia lan controllers (i'm using the 3com) and i ran the diagnostic test and it said "unable to receive frame during loopback test". does this have anything to do with my prob? the help on this test says that if multiple nics are installed, run the 3com dos based diagnostic prog (1.) reboot using a dos bootable diskette (2.) insert the ethercd in cdrom (3.) enter following command at dos prompt... D:\3c90xcfg.exe. (how do i boot using a dos bootable disk with xp??)

i have xp loaded and thats it (no apps at all). the only thing i've loaded on the sys is the critical updates from ms.

i have cable modem that is 3mb line speed. when i tested the download speed this morning on dl.com i was able to dl at about 380 KB/s

when i check my network connection it shows that i'm connected at 100Mbps...it just that once i get to the web page it becomes very slow if i try to scroll.

thanx for any help with this.... rookie
    Rookie (some day)

blow this one off boys... some idiot forgot to load his agp card driver
    Rookie (some day)