Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Everquest and HT

SG Enthusiast

Everquest and HT

Any EQ players out there with an HT chip? I'm wondering how your out of game performance is while EQ is running. Everquest was written to consume 100% of CPU power when running, like I can run BF1942 in the background and multitask with no problem at all, but if EQ is running I can barely check my email. This is the case on every CPU out there but I was wondering if HTing helps this?

Thanks,
    Kyler1

hmm i been playing eq on my p4 2.8c HT but i havent really paid attention i will look out and let ya know

*still thinking about buying evolutions*

Is it worth it? I am an MMORPG fan, do you think its worth it to buy evolutions??
    Asus p4p800 Deluxe Mobo - Pentium 4 3.2 @ 3.6 - Thermaltake Spark7 HSF - Geil Golden Dragon PC3200 - ATI Radeon x850 XT PE 256mb - Maxtor 120 GB 8mb cache - Sound Blaster Live! 5.1 - Altec Lansing 5.1 Sattelites w/sub - Cooler Master Cavalier 3 case

SG Enthusiast
    That's what I did, I've played SWG, EnB, Planetside, and EQ. EQ is the only one I have ever found with enough content to keep me busy. Go for it!

Kyler1

EQ was decent, my only qualm about it was that you had to walk EVERYWHERE, very slowly, it took godamn forever. I heard about planes of power and it got me interested again.

I'll pick it up.... tell me what server you guys play on so I can join you

P.S. Tried UO? UO was the greatest, till they switched ownerships, and everything changed.
    Asus p4p800 Deluxe Mobo - Pentium 4 3.2 @ 3.6 - Thermaltake Spark7 HSF - Geil Golden Dragon PC3200 - ATI Radeon x850 XT PE 256mb - Maxtor 120 GB 8mb cache - Sound Blaster Live! 5.1 - Altec Lansing 5.1 Sattelites w/sub - Cooler Master Cavalier 3 case

SG Enthusiast
    I play on Luclin server under the name Darkveovis. No I never tried UO, heard good and bad things about it. But ya, there is barely any walking in EQ anymore, lol the whole game has become REALLY lazy, lol.

Kyler1

Originally posted by TrevGlas
    EQ was decent, my only qualm about it was that you had to walk EVERYWHERE, very slowly, it took godamn forever. I heard about planes of power and it got me interested again.

I'll pick it up.... tell me what server you guys play on so I can join you

P.S. Tried UO? UO was the greatest, till they switched ownerships, and everything changed.

sorry been so busy playing EQ have not had time to check back on thread.

I am on Stromm which is or was the newest server until last weekend when they opened a new one.

But it is special in that they are not allowing any transfers whatsoever so no one can come from another server as level 65 with all of their uber equpiment.

Anyway planes of power really fixed things very easy to get around everywhere, can get from one side of the world in less then 5-10 min max...no more need for boats.

Also so many ways to get run speed like SOW, they have new AA abialites that every class can be almsot as fast as SOW and hroses and well there is so much new stuff...

anyway if you need help and on Stromm let me know i will hook you up

Ok I just went out and bought it and my account is up... I'm gonna start on stromm.... I'll meet up with ya whenever you got the time... gotta get reused to al this.. (and learn all the stuff I have no clue about)

hehe

I created a Vah Shir character, but I can't even find my way out of the damn city... SO FRIGGIN CONFUSINg... the only city I know my way around is qeynos..

BTW what character class are you.

SG Enthusiast
    Aye, shar vahl can be a strange city.

Something you may want to look into,

http://mapfiend.eq-toolbox.com/alldl...d4e717211a9da6

Never tried them myself, I like to make my own maps as part of the fun.

Enjoy the best MMO out there ,
    Kyler1

Wow there is alot of things that changed.. it still feels really weird to me but I'll get used to it.

The FIND feature is REALLY COOL.. thats the ONE thing I was wishing for when I used to play.

Woohooo lvl 3 human necromancer... im in the city freeport. SLowly figuring out how the hell to do things.

Ghost tell me where you are based at so I can meet up with you?

SG Enthusiast
    Woohooo lvl 3 human necromancer... im in the city freeport. SLowly figuring out how the hell to do things.

I think he is to busy in game. I am a 54 Dark Elf Necro, if you have any questions about the class let me know, I'm going to do the epic in about 2 weeks... wish me luck.

Kyler1

Kyler get your butt on Stromm so we can all kick some ass together!

Sorry I have been so busy playing at nights I dont check Speedugide much..lol

we been raiding the elemental planes on a nightly basis now.

But I do have a few low levels I can hook up with you and play some when we are not raiding.,

I have a 4 day weekend coming up so maybe we can meet.

Btw my name is Denarok ingame. I am a level 65 Halfling cleric.

Send me a tell I am usually on after 8 pm est until around 1 am est during weeknights.

If you need some platinum to get you started let me know.

Sounds good man....

I'm lvl 5 now.... getting the jist of everyting, but I still don't know what armor/weapons to buy.

what is your ingame name?

if you are a necro i would not worry about weapons/items just yet

biggest thing you will need is spells and they cost alot.

I can definitely help, i can toss you some platinum to get started

but you can get some really cheap decent items that use to cost a ton back in the old world, have you been to bazaar yet?

check it out

Where the hell is bazaar? lol.

I don't even know how to use planes of power yet. I basicallly just run everywhere. I'm lvl 6 now.. and I can fight giant spiders as long as I've got my skeleton

My necros name is Lorelin
    Last edited by TrevGlas; 02-24-04 at 11:51 PM.

SG Enthusiast
    If your in freeport or Qeynos you can get to the Plane of Knowledge by clicking on the book to the left of the city.

Freeport, exit the city through the gates and go left until you hit the wall, on this wall there is a spot where you can actually walk through into a cavern with the book in it.

Qeynos, exit the city through the gates, go left and follow the wall around right to the book in plane sight.

from the plane of knowledge you can get pretty much anywhere, including the bazaar.

Kyler1

TrevGlas,

How did things go last night after I left you?