Thread: change FTP Directory

change FTP Directory

How do I change the default FTP directory in win2k3 server enterprise edition? I see where it says c:/inetpub/ftproot but if i change it i cant upload anylonger.
    I am setting up some IP cameras that upload to a ftp server but I cant have them all uploading to the C drive. I tried to mount the ftproot folder to a partition I made but that dont work.
    Will Work For FSB

Re: change FTP Directory

Originally posted by m4a2t0t
    How do I change the default FTP directory in win2k3 server enterprise edition? I see where it says c:/inetpub/ftproot but if i change it i cant upload anylonger.
    I am setting up some IP cameras that upload to a ftp server but I cant have them all uploading to the C drive. I tried to mount the ftproot folder to a partition I made but that dont work.
    Check your security settings on the folders themselves. Are you giving the users / world read/write access when you change the ftproot?

I tried to change permissions but that dont help.
    Will Work For FSB

Originally posted by m4a2t0t
    I tried to change permissions but that dont help.
    Can you describe your IIS setup? The FTP settings?

what exactly u want to know?
    right now everything is setup default and I alllow only anonymous connections, it works and I can upload, not exactly hat i want though. its setup now as read/write/log.
    Will Work For FSB

Under "Home Directory" in the FTP properties, do you change that when you're trying to change the FTP root? You've told me the anon thing, so that's fine (if you're looking to get hacked). Have you gone to the new folders themselves and modified them?

alexv
    To show the files directory in the FTP clients immediatelly with the login, go to c:\inetpub\ftproot and create there the directory with the same name you named the Virtual Directory.

The directory c:\inetpub\ftproot can be changed in Default FTP Site -> Properties -> Home Directory
    You can modify Virtual Directory settings by open the Default FTP Site and Right click on name of the directory - Select properties.