Thread: Rave: Source Code.

Thumbs up Rave: Source Code.

I have just got to write a rave about people who are willing to share source code on the internet. They are gods.

A lot of the time, you can never find the information you need reading just the documentation (don't hurt me Norm ). It doesn't make any sense in the context that a help file or white paper would put it in. But then you see some very nifty source code that uses the function (or whatever) in action and a lightbulb clicks in your head. That is the best thing that a person can do for another - the sharing of information and experience. And I just have to say this on a public forum.

Code sharers? You RULE!!

Yeah source code is pretty good. Though there are instances where it is best kept secret.
    Respect it.

Originally posted by ScottE
    Yeah source code is pretty good. Though there are instances where it is best kept secret.

Originally posted by ScottE
    Example = M$

or HL-2

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Abbey
    A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government.

Originally posted by Blisster
    or HL-2
    LoL
    Originally posted by Burke
    eBay is like Terra Eleven, a vast wasteland that not even Peter Strauss could tame.
    P IV Processor 2.4 gHZ, ECS p4 motherboard, Windows XP, 512 MB of Ram, Radeon 9500 Pro, 60 GB WD HD, 20 GB IBM HD, Verbatim CDRW,

Originally posted by qball15j
    Example = M$
    I'm assuming that this is implying that MS needs to keep their source secret just to remain profitable?

I know they really _can't_ share their source but man would it be nice to have the general population coding fixes and enhancements to their products.
    Simply run adaware, spybot, ZoneAlarm, HijackThis, AVG, update windows daily, have a router, don't open e-mail, turn off action scripting, don't use P2P networks, don't violate EULAs, and wear a condom to get Windows secured.

People say Linux is alot of work!