Thread: Help! Finding an unlisted phone number.

Help! Finding an unlisted phone number.

Can it be done? My daughter just called me from Albuquerque and urgently needs to contact the tenant in her rented house. They are behind on their rent and she needs to make her mortgage payment.

They don't come to the door but she knows they are inside.

She was going to have the water shut off tomorrow but I told her that may cause legal problems.

Is there a way to get the number?
    "Mr President, you have big balls" - Dominica prime minister Eugenia Charles to Ronald Reagan after the invasion of Grenada, 1983

"We win and they lose. What do you think of that?" - Ronald Reagan, 1977

Police?
    Have your feelings been hurt by a random act of E-Thuggery? If so, call 1-800-Waaaaahmbulance, we're here 24 hrs a day, 7 days a week, to take your call, you could be due a large monetary settlement, don't delay, call now.

"Please be careful prior to entering the world wide web, the internet is serious business"

Put em into collections, and leave a nasty-gram on the door.
    Tao_Jones Cult Member since 2004
    I gave Miss Manners a Dirty Sanchez, and she LIKED it.

Uninsured for your health
    Originally posted by brembo
    Put em into collections, and leave a nasty-gram on the door.
    This would be the best way to go about it.

Odds are, if they're doging her though, they won't have the money
    Quote Originally Posted by Three Rivers Designs
    America! Love it or give it back!

Blog Entries
    Hi poptom

I do not think one can obtain an Unlisted Phone Number poptom.

If someone were to give it to you, then they could be held liable imho. She is probably best off phoning City Hall to obtain the parameters under which she can operate in such a situation, or better yet her Lawyer.

A lot would have to do with the rental agreement signed by the Tenant i would think. In it certain stipulations should be listed for such an occurrence.

Evicting people, especially in the Winter months can be very problematic.

Just a thought.

good Luck!

regards

minir

Re: Help! Finding an unlisted phone number.

Originally posted by poptom
    She was going to have the water shut off tomorrow but I told her that may cause legal problems.
    DO NOT, and I cannot reiterate this enough, DO NOT attempt to get back at the renter using these tactics. Your daughter WILL end up in jail if she does!!!

There are proper procedures to follow and most states have very strict laws in place that protect renters from unscrupulous landlords.

In most cases your daughter must deliver a PAY OR QUIT notice and once that has expired (if they still do not pay) then she can start eviction procedures.

If she does not follow the letter of the law and proper notice procedures she can lose the eviction lawsuit and have to start all over again.

Tell your daughter to rent the movie Pacific Heights. Many property management companies have this movie as part of their training on what NOT TO DO when dealing with nasty tenants.
    We Remember...
    9|11
    40 miles SW of Mt. St. Helens

Thanks, Dakota. That's pretty much what I told her. She really wants to talk with them and see what their problem is.

I didn't even know she was renting the place. I thought her daughter was living there.
    "Mr President, you have big balls" - Dominica prime minister Eugenia Charles to Ronald Reagan after the invasion of Grenada, 1983

"We win and they lose. What do you think of that?" - Ronald Reagan, 1977

Thanks, Dakota. That's pretty much what I told her. She really wants to talk with them and see what their problem is.

I didn't even know she was renting the place. I thought her daughter was living there.
    You're welcome. I work in property management so am very familiar with the laws.
    We Remember...
    9|11
    40 miles SW of Mt. St. Helens

I've got beer, I've got guns, I've got lots of good music, and I am willing to travel to help a fellow SG'er in need.

Nah, seriously though. I'd suggest your daughter if she isn't 100% familiar with the laws of the state in reguards to renting and stuff, contact an attorney.

More than likely the law says something like if a renter has been in default for x number of days then the landlord can start eviction procedings and what not. I don't know what it's like out there though and I'm not qualified to give legal advice.
    Respect it.

Smyrna, Delaware Car: 1998 Honda Accord EX Occupation: Honda Service Coordinator

Re: Help! Finding an unlisted phone number.

Can it be done?
    Is there a way to get the number?
    The only way that I have ever heard of anyone getting an unlisted number is if they were family and it was an absolute dire emergency ... but then you still had to go through a lot of red tape.
    Antec Nine Hundred case, 4GB A-Data DDR2 800 RAM, Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 Conroe 2.66GHz, ASUS P5K-E/WIFI-AP MB, XFX GeForce 8600GT XXX 256MB 128-bit GDDR3 video card, ZALMAN CNPS9500 AT 2 Ball CPU Cooling Fan/Heatsink, Seagate Barracuda 320GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s HDD, Aerocool FP-01 Multifunction panel w/card reader, Zerodba 620W PSU, LITE-ON 20X DVD±R DVD with LightScribe SATA, Samsung CDDVDW SH-S203B SATA, Acer P241W 24" w/s monitor, Canon CanoScan LiDE 35 scanner, Klipsch ProMedia 2.1.