Thread: Custom Built computer sites?

Custom Built computer sites?

Which ones are best?

Some dude wants to buy a custom PC but doesn't want to build it himself. Alienware is too expensie, just so you know.

Anyone know about directpc.ca?
    Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.6GHz on Water | 8GB DDR2 | 2x 74GB Raptor RAID0 | 250GB Storage | P5E | 2900XT @ 850 Core | DVD-RW | 2x 24" Widescreen LCD | Saitek Eclipse | Logitech G5

Somewhere along the shoreline in New England
    Ones that I've seen, and liked...besides Alienware...

GamePC
    VoodooPC
    FalconNorthwest
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!

Re: Custom Built computer sites?

Originally posted by sludge
    Which ones are best?

Some dude wants to buy a custom PC but doesn't want to build it himself. Alienware is too expensie, just so you know.

Local computer store?

SG Elite

Re: Re: Custom Built computer sites?

Originally posted by Tawcan
    Local computer store?
    Maybe, but you're also risking color-mismatched drives in an old case with a "Turbo" button...
    Last edited by Brk; 01-26-04 at 09:33 AM.

Assembly Required
    Monsterbox PC

I purchased a custom made RDRAM rig from them last year. Fantastic experience, and I've referred a few other people to them as well. Use the confuguration utility then call to verify their prices.

Re: Re: Re: Custom Built computer sites?

Originally posted by Burke
    Maybe, but you're also risking color-mismatched drives in an old case with a "Turbo" button...
    roflmao..out first pc, a 486sx 33MHz packard bell, top of the line for its time..had a turbo button.. it actually throttled the processor to run older games..throttled it to 8MHz or something thereabouts. i was like wtf? that makes no sense..i was 9 i think

My buddy is trying to get a job at Falcon:

http://www.falcon-nw.com

Originally posted by axtrader
    Monsterbox PC

I purchased a custom made RDRAM rig from them last year. Fantastic experience, and I've referred a few other people to them as well. Use the confuguration utility then call to verify their prices.

Hey Ax, maybe it's just me, but I configured a P4 with the lowest end hardware and it was a tad bit too pricey for a box with no monitor and no keyboard/mouse.
    Have your feelings been hurt by a random act of E-Thuggery? If so, call 1-800-Waaaaahmbulance, we're here 24 hrs a day, 7 days a week, to take your call, you could be due a large monetary settlement, don't delay, call now.

"Please be careful prior to entering the world wide web, the internet is serious business"

Somewhere along the shoreline in New England

Re: Re: Re: Re: Custom Built computer sites?

Originally posted by Amro
    roflmao..out first pc, a 486sx 33MHz packard bell, top of the line for its time..had a turbo button.. it actually throttled the processor to run older games..throttled it to 8MHz or something thereabouts. i was like wtf? that makes no sense..i was 9 i think
    Ahh yes...my buddies computer was a Packard Smell, also an "SX", I forget speed, probably 33 or 66. Anyways...spent so much time on that playing Duke Nuken 3D ( actually 2 1/2D LOL) and one of the games that got me into flight sims...."Aces over Europe". Ahh boy...all the hours spent playing that, while pounding Sam Adams Cherry Wheat!
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!

Oh man... Sam Adams Cherry Wheat sounds AWESOME right now.

*drool*

(Oh wait... it is not even 10am in the morning. LOL)

SG Elite
    Originally posted by mountainman
    Oh man... Sam Adams Cherry Wheat sounds AWESOME right now.

*drool*

(Oh wait... it is not even 10am in the morning. LOL)
    Who says you can't have cake for breakfast.

Assembly Required
    Originally posted by Prey521
    Hey Ax, maybe it's just me, but I configured a P4 with the lowest end hardware and it was a tad bit too pricey for a box with no monitor and no keyboard/mouse.
    Prolly, that's why I suggested you call them to verify prices. Trust me, you won't be disappointed.

Assembly Required
    Originally posted by Prey521
    Prey, I just heard from my man over @ monsterboxpc and he says the website will be updated next week to reflect new pricing and hardware options. So be sure to check again next week.

Re: Custom Built computer sites?

Originally posted by sludge
    Which ones are best?

anyone who has ever bought a costum build at a reasonable price has an opinion of the place at which they bought.
    Whether they are considered the Best by popular vote, or not.
    only way to know which company is the best for you, is to just find out by comparing with others thier experiences with other companies.
    Personally, I think if you want a decent rig, not frills, just get one and go Dell.
    they make it for your purpose.
    I have two identicle server towers at work, which are Dell. Thirteen workstations/clients at Work I called Dell, recieved all of them in 6 days. They set everything up I just give em electricity and run the ether cables to the hub/switch, and gate/servers.
    Go Dell. well they can stay for 10 years.
    I will have em all payed off by then. I know I know.. there is nothing better than making your own pc, its actually really easy, like putting a puzzle (for ages 12+) together.
    Three workstations at home I built.
    Loved putting them together, and they are independent, maintain themselves.
    each one has a purpose. but enough about me.. GO DELL. <its fast reliable and only a phone call-a-way.

Peace,

UnitedWeStand.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Custom Built computer sites?

Originally posted by YeOldeStonecat
    Ahh yes...my buddies computer was a Packard Smell, also an "SX", I forget speed, probably 33 or 66. Anyways...spent so much time on that playing Duke Nuken 3D ( actually 2 1/2D LOL) and one of the games that got me into flight sims...."Aces over Europe". Ahh boy...all the hours spent playing that, while pounding Sam Adams Cherry Wheat!
    woot! flight simulator 5.1!! I used to dial up to my friend and play FS modem to modem lol...was so fun back then. OMG 1 MB of onboard video! upgradable to 2 MB! sigh..but no vesa till later in the pentium days

Falcon Northwest is probably the best for price/quality.