Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Retroactive Friendly Fire sucks!!!!!

Retroactive Friendly Fire sucks!!!!!

Dude, we've gotta get rid of this.

that is all

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Abbey
    A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government.

Amen brotha!

Aint my fault if an idiot is gonna flly into my missles that i've been laying down steady, or run over my mines, and all that other junk.

what is this retroactive ff you speak of?
    Every normal man must be tempted at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
    I often wonder if the voices in my head ever get frustrated because I'm just too damn lazy to climb that clock tower.
    Click image to enlarge
    click image to view full version

Originally posted by Bastid
    what is this retroactive ff you speak of?
    Kill a teammate by mistake and you take 10-75% of this damage too.

Mississauga, Ontario , Canada. Behaviour : Good
    Especially for bombers... Eeeks! die in mid air and lose a plane! heh..

Yah, we gotta lose that feature, i cant stand it!

SG Enthusiast
    I popped a friendly with my tank yesterday, didn't hurt him at all, he was heading right to the repair pad...killed me instantly.

Sucks...

i was wondering why i was dying at random times.
    4930K@4.3~32GBGskill~asusX79deluxe~r9-280x~240GB-SSD-OS drive~500GB-SSD-scratch~240GB-SSD-thrash~2TB storage~Windows 7 pro
    *~ SG stats ~my stats

Hmmm, haven't noticed any problems whatsoever...guess I must be getting better at not TK'ing.

...formerly the omnipotent UOD

SG Enthusiast
    Originally posted by UOD
    Hmmm, haven't noticed any problems whatsoever...guess I must be getting better at not TK'ing.

Um, you have to stay alive long enough to be able to TK..

j/k UOD

Originally posted by Snuf
    Um, you have to stay alive long enough to be able to TK..

j/k UOD

LOL!

I know...I may not live long but I try to give em hell while I am.

I killed 7 people one night in the span of like 15 seconds....I used every weapon lol before I got mine from above. It was pretty amazing and FUN!!!

...formerly the omnipotent UOD

I like it! Just needs some fine tuning on the %.
    The more I drink, the less I care.

I like it too.. havent gotten TKed
    Asus p4p800 Deluxe Mobo - Pentium 4 3.2 @ 3.6 - Thermaltake Spark7 HSF - Geil Golden Dragon PC3200 - ATI Radeon x850 XT PE 256mb - Maxtor 120 GB 8mb cache - Sound Blaster Live! 5.1 - Altec Lansing 5.1 Sattelites w/sub - Cooler Master Cavalier 3 case

i turned it back down to 10% (was at 25%)..... even though i would rather it be at like 50% or more. maybe thats just because i don;t have much of a problem with FF.... i do make mistakes from time to time, but not even once have i been kicked for a negative score.

i like FF kickback, too. i just look at it like, if you;re having a problem with friendly fire kickback, it's the friendly fire thats the problem, not the kickback. i like knowing when i am shooting at a friendly by mistake (usually over a long distance... too far for nametags to show).

the whole reason we have FF enabled is because it makes the game more challenging. having to make sure you're not going to kill teammates takes a but more skill than lighting up everything in sight.
    "Today is a black day in the history of mankind."

- Leo Szilard

Oh Faust, I know what ya mean, and I defintely like FF turned on, but I can't tell you how many times I've been defending the middle outpost on Gazala, while both surrounding outposts are hostile, laying mines around the repair pad and a teammate comes barreling in, runs over one of my mines, gets killed, I get killed and then we lose the outpost because theres no one there to defend it

BTW we are all aware that when you se a little skull and crossbones in the lower-right it means there are mines in the vicinity, right??

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Abbey
    A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government.

Originally posted by Blisster
    Oh Faust, I know what ya mean, and I defintely like FF turned on, but I can't tell you how many times I've been defending the middle outpost on Gazala, while both surrounding outposts are hostile, laying mines around the repair pad and a teammate comes barreling in, runs over one of my mines, gets killed, I get killed and then we lose the outpost because theres no one there to defend it

BTW we are all aware that when you se a little skull and crossbones in the lower-right it means there are mines in the vicinity, right??

I was getting ready to post something very similar

Hanging out with Prince Albert Needlefreak's Avatar
    I like it...

I agree w/ blisster on the mines...it's like pple have no idea what a warning sign is , then boom I'm dead

well, the only thing i can say is that when i spread out mines, that means i am either going to have to a) stick around and babysit the dang things so teammates dont come hauling ass over them, or b) pick them up before i leave.

it is frustrating when people don't know how to play the damn game, though (by that, i mean them not knowing what the skull & crossbones icon means, or how to call out or warn of something)..... that;s why i VERY RARELY get in a vehicle with someone else. maybe if i know them, but if i don;t, forget it. too many times i have been riding shotgun with someone in a tank or personnel carrier and they just roll straight into an enemy base ond ovcer a mine or C4 (or over a cliff fer cryin out loud).

i just honestly think the good outweighs the bad in the case of FF kickback. it;s basically forcing me and all the other players to be even more careful what i put ordinance on. i am going to die a bunch of times during the round one way or another anyways.

let's see if only 10% is tolerable. when we updated the server admin app, there were some default settings that came with it (200% kickback was the default).
    "Today is a black day in the history of mankind."

- Leo Szilard

Somewhere along the shoreline in New England
    Originally posted by Faust

i just honestly think the good outweighs the bad in the case of FF kickback. it;s basically forcing me and all the other players to be even more careful what i put ordinance on.

Yeah sure...rub it in about never being kicked. ///reaches for ban button///
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!